Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SAMPLE SETUPS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Mods and Scenarios >> SAMPLE SETUPS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SAMPLE SETUPS - 12/10/2007 10:40:39 AM   
Murat

Someone asked for these but I cannot find the post. Here is a sample setup for each nation that can be used in Solo or PBEM. I tried to incorporate several aspects in preparing these including:

Supply/foragability
Defense against potential enemies
Being able to atttack nearby minors once Winter ends
Being in a positionn to contribute to almost any ally's goals either by direct intervention or threatening a potential enemy
Flexibility to act or react within a move or two to events
Best chance of preserving units

Winter movement applies to these. Without winter movement several positions are exposed to immediate enemy attack and this may lead to mutually destructive results. Also keep in mind these are just a start and SHOULD BE MODIFIED as your experience in the game grows. For now these are safe starts.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Murat -- 12/10/2007 10:41:55 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 12/10/2007 1:50:53 PM   
Don60420

Great work Murat! Just what new comers to the game need!

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 2
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 12/10/2007 4:38:42 PM   
ess1

Many thanks.

(in reply to Don60420)
Post #: 3
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 12/11/2007 8:37:24 AM   
Alan_Bernardo

Thanks!  I've been messin' with Prussia, so I'd like to see what you've proposed.

Alan

(in reply to ess1)
Post #: 4
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 12/16/2007 10:56:47 PM   
denxis1

This is terrific I am new to this game and am just getting my feet wet on this one. This is a great aid to getting started.

Thank you

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 5
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 1/1/2008 8:41:11 PM   
DCWhitworth

Thanks for these setup files, they seem to be well thought out.

My taste in setups appears to differ from yours in a couple of areas so I thought I'd comment. I'm not by any means saying you are wrong, just presenting a different viewpoint.

1. Garrisons - I like to get garrisons on the board during my initial setup. A single point in a provincial capital is a good investment. Of course one usually thinks that they can always be put on later, but in my experience one wants to put points into one's main army and not into garrisons when the pressure is on. Certainly conquered minors should be garrisoned at start because you can't build directly into them and they can easily be lost.

2. Leaders. I don't place leaders at start and indeed I keep them off the board completely unless I'm at war. They can be placed on the board during the reinforcement phase if they start the turn off the board so you can put them right where you want them.

< Message edited by DCWhitworth -- 1/1/2008 8:42:42 PM >

Regards
David

(in reply to denxis1)
Post #: 6
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 7/10/2008 7:41:01 PM   
Interlocutor

If this is a newbie question I apologize, but how does one download attachment files here? Nothing I've tried seems to work.

If I left-click on the "Attachment (1)" link, a window opens with a clickable link to "zipSetups.zip", but if I then left-click on said link I get the error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", while right-clicking either on the original link or on this one gets me nowhere either.

Thanks in advance!

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 7
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 7/10/2008 9:50:05 PM   
Soapy Frog

I think Matrix is having trouble with forum uploads/downloads... been very flaky.

(in reply to Interlocutor)
Post #: 8
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 10/16/2008 12:27:37 AM   
Flannel

D/L the zip file but there are then 7 'zipsetup' files again each one shown as a 'SET File' How does one open these please??

Flannel

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 9
RE: SAMPLE SETUPS - 10/17/2008 5:36:55 PM   
Jimmer

You put one or more of those files into the "Setups" folder under the main EIA folder. Then, when you start a new game, you can "load setup". This is a button just below the log window, fourth from the left.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Flannel)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Mods and Scenarios >> SAMPLE SETUPS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI