Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Download problems. Please help somebody.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Download problems. Please help somebody. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Download problems. Please help somebody. - 10/9/2000 4:42:00 PM   
Tom

I'm having a real saga attempting to download SPWAW. I made a first attempt to download - however when it reached the end it froze on the 'building output file' message giving me a (not responding) message. After rebooting I found that it had loaded the setup program and various other bits, such as the manual and sound files, but the total file on my hard drive was only around 30 megs so I assumed the download had corrupted (I attempted to run the setup program without success. I then removed this partial download from my hard drive and attempted a 2nd download. This seemed to have no problems with the building output file section but the result is I have a single file entitled SPWaWv4Complete.exe on my hard drive(328 megs) but there is no setup program for it. When I click on the .exe it give a message stating that SPWaWv4Complete.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I'm assuming I need a setup program or am I being stupid? If I do is there any way of obtaining the setup section without going right through the download procedure again as I have a 56k modem connection and that would just about finish me off! All help greatly appreciated.

Post #: 1
- 10/9/2000 6:16:00 PM   
Voriax

I very much fear that your dowload is still corrupted. You don't need any separate installer as the .exe is of a selfextracting and executing type, if the exe doesn't work you are scr....hmh..there may be youngsters here. So basically you are stuck with trying again or finding a nice person that can send you the game on cd. ------------------ OOB-Wan Kenobi

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Tom)
Post #: 2
- 10/9/2000 7:27:00 PM   
Jackk

Tom, If you're in the mainland U.S. I'll be glad to send out a CD for you. It won't be fancy, just a disc and files, but it's free Also, don't sweat the shipping either. Email me a physical address because I use UPS. foster42@carolina.rr.com ------------------ Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck" [This message has been edited by Jackk (edited October 09, 2000).]

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

(in reply to Tom)
Post #: 3
- 10/9/2000 7:32:00 PM   
GeneralOberst Teufel

Send me Your Mailing Address, I did this for Version 2.0 and got several responses (40+. I will send you a copy of complete game with patches and a senarios as of today (10/9/2000) 10:30am EST all I ask you reimburse mailing and CD Costs about $2.50 in the US as for Overseas I got burned from a couple people. MY E-Mail is JCLDUNN@BLUEGRASS.NET GeneralOberst Teufel
quote:

Originally posted by Tom: I'm having a real saga attempting to download SPWAW. I made a first attempt to download - however when it reached the end it froze on the 'building output file' message giving me a (not responding) message. After rebooting I found that it had loaded the setup program and various other bits, such as the manual and sound files, but the total file on my hard drive was only around 30 megs so I assumed the download had corrupted (I attempted to run the setup program without success. I then removed this partial download from my hard drive and attempted a 2nd download. This seemed to have no problems with the building output file section but the result is I have a single file entitled SPWaWv4Complete.exe on my hard drive(328 megs) but there is no setup program for it. When I click on the .exe it give a message stating that SPWaWv4Complete.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I'm assuming I need a setup program or am I being stupid? If I do is there any way of obtaining the setup section without going right through the download procedure again as I have a 56k modem connection and that would just about finish me off! All help greatly appreciated.

(in reply to Tom)
Post #: 4
- 10/10/2000 2:38:00 PM   
Tom

Thanks for the replies guys. The offers for mailing the CD are appreciated but I'm based in the UK. I've heard that SP has ben given away as a CD with some magazines over here so I'm going to follow up that and see if I can obtain it that way. If not then I'll be back on the forum whining loudly in an attempt to drum up a CD from a Brit! Happy gaming. Tom

(in reply to Tom)
Post #: 5
- 10/10/2000 3:27:00 PM   
Red Baron

quote:

Originally posted by Tom: Thanks for the replies guys. The offers for mailing the CD are appreciated but I'm based in the UK. I've heard that SP has ben given away as a CD with some magazines over here so I'm going to follow up that and see if I can obtain it that way. If not then I'll be back on the forum whining loudly in an attempt to drum up a CD from a Brit! Happy gaming. Tom
Hi Tom..' Just mail me your snail-mail and i will send you a copy 4.1 + 4.2 + 4.3b ASP!! No cost to you Have done that to a couple of Brits before. You will have it within 2 or 3 days. Regards..Red Baron ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!! [This message has been edited by Red Baron (edited October 10, 2000).]

(in reply to Tom)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Download problems. Please help somebody. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI