Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

7.1 install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> 7.1 install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7.1 install - 4/8/2002 8:44:58 AM   
AVRO ARROW

Not sure if this has been posted,

Recently tried to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1.Would look like it did the upgrade, but when checking version, would still be 7.0.Tried many times.Even complete re-install.

Found problem,for some reason win98 would create a new folder,
"Matrix Games" instead of copying to" Matrixgames" (notice the space).I simply backspace when promted where to install.This upgraded nicely to ver 7.1.

The best game around.
Post #: 1
- 4/8/2002 9:27:43 AM   
Supervisor

This stems from an old installer and a typo that got overlooked. Make sure you delete the second directory, it's not critical just a space saver. Any question or comments please visit us in SPWAW forum. There you'll find out the latest updates, questions answered, problems identified, new scenarios, but mostly just a ton of us who also love the game. Welcome aboard. Can I interest you in a MegaCampaign?:) :) :D

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 2
- 4/8/2002 9:56:19 PM   
AVRO ARROW

Thanks for reply,

Just so happens,my version will crash to desktop also,similar to other posts on this site.Playing generated campaign,russ vs U.S. 1947. Win 98,lots of drive space,128 ram.diamond video.
installed sound upgrade,no difference.

Could it be that another program is attempting to start?
Going to try an online game to see if problem will cause crash.

(also exited internet,sometimes norton tries to upgrade virus def.,) does not matter.

checked msconfig. nothing else hogging system.:p

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 3
- 4/9/2002 1:30:26 AM   
Supervisor

Try turning all sounds off, also try to run the game directly from the mech.exe file this bypasses the autorun menu. Delete the steel.prf file within the MatrixGames\SPWAW\Save folder, some times this file gets corrupted, the game will recreate it when it restarts and you change anything in the preference screen. Also in the same folder there is a holder.txt file that does nothing delete it, I've had some gamers report that removing this file has also cured there crashes.

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 4
- 4/10/2002 10:11:42 AM   
AVRO ARROW

:) So far 4 battles!!,and no crash!!

Deleting HOLDER.TXT seems to have done the trick!( I tried this first before shutting off sound)

Thanks for your help.Will pass on to friends.

Great site=Great People.

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 5
- 4/12/2002 3:42:28 AM   
88mmshock

Which folder do I unzip vers 7.1 into?

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 6
- 4/12/2002 7:01:03 AM   
Supervisor

Unzip it to anywhere maybe a temp folder even the dekstop is fine. What's contained inside is an executable that you will run and it will install itself. When doing the installation be warned there is a typo in the installation path routine, when it ask were to install there is an extra space in the word Matrix Games, the space between them needs to be removed ie: MatrixGames. If you don't remove the space between Matrix and Games the files will get installed to the wrong directory. After it' installed properly when you start the game ver 7.1 will be displayed on the bottom of the main screen. There is a topic about his in the SPWAW forum if you have any further questions or problems. Good luck

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 7
installing 7.1 - 4/17/2002 10:06:43 PM   
Cromort

yep had the same problem and its now fixed , just choose manually the folder in which you want to install 7.1

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 8
- 4/18/2002 4:34:08 AM   
Supervisor

Ahhh, more satisfied customers, my work is done here!:D

(in reply to AVRO ARROW)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> 7.1 install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI