Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

version 4.3b OOB bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> version 4.3b OOB bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
version 4.3b OOB bugs - 10/9/2000 11:28:00 PM   
Ballan

Whilst selecting Russian(and some German) core units in the WW2 long campaigns, some units cant be selected , you highlight but nothing happens when you left click. The Guards infantry selections give you the support squad but no infantry units, platoons are mixed up with sections and vice versa. German units can now upgrade to nebelwerfer and mobile werfers, is this intentional ? Once the OOBs are sorted out this looks to be the best version so far however and the previous saved campaigns seem to work normally as well .

Post #: 1
- 10/10/2000 3:03:00 AM   
AbramsGunner

Has anyone experienced NON-RECON UNITS switching to RECON units out of the blue?? I start a second battle of a German WWII Long Campaign and had a SS Mech Co. One of the halftracks in the 1st platoon started in the DEPLOYMENT phase as a normal halftrack...When the battle started it was a RECON unit! And of course once you are a recon unit you will always be a recon unit...ie an armored car scout unit will eventually be free-roaming KING TIGERS!

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 2
- 10/10/2000 10:43:00 AM   
Raindem

The closest thing I've had to this is when I buy a recon unit for my core force. Later on if I udgrade it to something else, the new unit will have recon capabilities, even if it is not a recon unit.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 3
- 10/11/2000 5:44:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Raindem: The closest thing I've had to this is when I buy a recon unit for my core force. Later on if I udgrade it to something else, the new unit will have recon capabilities, even if it is not a recon unit.
That's a bug you can't do much against - the recon ability is "tied" to the formation, let's say "Plt" here. If you exchange the units, the formation is still a "recon formation", so every single unit in it inherit this ability. Nested formations (sqd, eg) will retain their own ability "marker". Good that you mentioned this, I'll have to consider this when making the new formations for the final OOBs. Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 4
- 10/12/2000 2:03:00 AM   
ddearing

I have had individual squads/vehicles gain or lose recon status during the course of a scenario. I haven't seen this condition persist across campaign scenarios. Also, for the OOBs, I have been unable as the Germans to purchase JPz formations at any time (the formations show up for the French battles, and the JPz I has the correct availability date and shows up on the unit change menu, but the formations are not selectable, just as if the vehicles were not yet available). It is now August '41 and still no selectable Jpz formations.

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 5
- 10/12/2000 7:01:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by ddearing: I have had individual squads/vehicles gain or lose recon status during the course of a scenario.
One battle? Did you save and exit from the game ? Which version do you have?
quote:

Also, for the OOBs, I have been unable as the Germans to purchase JPz formations at any time
Has been mentioned before .. there was/is a problem with the unit classes, this will be fixed . Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> version 4.3b OOB bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI