Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surrender + resistance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Surrender + resistance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surrender + resistance - 10/28/2008 5:05:08 PM   
Jaroen

Just for discussion.

Something I was wondering about when playing the Japanese was all the detailed work to occupy all the little bases after winning the fight against the DEI. After all the DEI surrendered formally so why the continuing battles on every other base?! Is there a way to implement a formal surrender? And perhaps also for other belligerents?

But after "winning" the fight I would expect to leave a occupational force present like in Chinese cities. Otherwise partisans and guerilla's would break out and stop the flow of resources and so on. Wouldn't it be great to use a requirement like the Chinese occupational attack value on other allied bases?

Easy to ask, but very hard to implement I guess.

Any other ideas on these matters?
Post #: 1
RE: Surrender + resistance - 10/28/2008 5:15:00 PM   
siRkid

I like your idea. I would take it a step further and randomize the number of occupations points required for each city. You could base it on factors like city size and the number of friendly troops in the city at the time of surrender. The larger the city the more likely some of the population would resist and the number of troops represents the few who would slip away to fight a guerrilla war.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Jaroen)
Post #: 2
RE: Surrender + resistance - 10/28/2008 9:26:34 PM   
Dili

I think you already can add partisans to every city via editor.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 3
RE: Surrender + resistance - 10/28/2008 10:37:39 PM   
Jaroen

@Dili: would those "partisans" have the same function as the Chinese rebels which appear if the Japanese don't leave enough forces to occupy a base/city??? Because that's what I mean. Although I don't directly mention it, it is a suggestion to use such requirements (?) to leave Japanese forces occupying any allied city after taking it. In effect this would necessitate the Japanese player to be much more careful with just storming ahead with all units present. And thus it would be more realistic (?) in Japanese capabilities of moving forces into wild territories like India or Australia.

Actually I assume the designer didn't really envision future players to actually try such strategies. Not sure about it though. The Philipino's were very hard to control and tied much Japanese units in controlling them. In a lesser degree just so in the DEI. And all those bases don't demand any Japanese attention . . . contrary to China?!

Of course possible surrenders would speed up any Japanese thrusts into the unknown. That way balancing a bit the need to hold won territory.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 4
RE: Surrender + resistance - 10/29/2008 11:29:09 PM   
Dili

Yes like Chinese. It was long ago i asked and that is what i remember. Note that i didn't tested it so i can't confirm it.

(in reply to Jaroen)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Surrender + resistance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI