Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Union running out of supplies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Union running out of supplies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 2:39:35 AM   
silber

I seem to have supply shortages as the Union, even when winning, starting in mid 1864. Am I overrunning my supply lines, and if so, how do I push supplies to the front. (Do I have to manually forage?) There seems no way to build depots, so things start grinding to a halt.
Post #: 1
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 4:37:13 AM   
PyleDriver

Supplies auto move. It comes down to surplus, and supply paths. If there not reaching the front, then it's one or the other...

(in reply to silber)
Post #: 2
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 7:07:10 AM   
GShock

Mind silber each depot you build actually binds 20 supplies to the region where it's built. 
Disband the depots you don't need and build more supplies.
If winter catches up with you and you're unprepared you'll take as many losses per month as a major battle with CSA in defeat.

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 3
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 1:56:38 PM   
Hard Sarge

as GShock says, make sure you don't have depots where you do not need them

also, have you cleared out the Missi yet ? owning that lets your western Cities kick in supply (the page where you see what the CSA raiders are doing)(and make sure them raiders are not lowering your supplies coming in too much)

also, watch what you are building, repairing, when you can, just build supplies

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 4
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 3:08:33 PM   
XLegion

I have managed to get Union supply to "ZERO". Yes, that's ZERO. No, I'm not playing Confederate, I'm playing UNION. It is 1863 and the UNION is out of supply. I'm afraid I don't get it. To get SOME supply I destroyed a few depots in order to repair railroads. Something has changed, I will be darned if I know what.

(in reply to silber)
Post #: 5
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 4:00:45 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: XLegion

I have managed to get Union supply to "ZERO". Yes, that's ZERO. No, I'm not playing Confederate, I'm playing UNION. It is 1863 and the UNION is out of supply. I'm afraid I don't get it. To get SOME supply I destroyed a few depots in order to repair railroads. Something has changed, I will be darned if I know what.

Have you looked at your basic requirement (by putting the cursor on your supply number in the total units screen) versus what you are producing each turn? Feel free to send a save to 2by3@2by3games.com and I'll take a look and see if I can see why you are so short.

(in reply to XLegion)
Post #: 6
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 4:42:11 PM   
jimkehn

Also, there is the "e" key which will usually tell you how many supplies your soldiers are consuming and this will tell you how many you need to be producing. Have the confederate raiders shut down a lot of your trade??? Maybe you need to put some good leaders with cruisers to sea to sink the raiders. Are you building too many cannons and ships?? Maybe you need to right click on some of those to put a hold on them while your factories build shoes, shirts and bullets?? Have 2 or more Inf/Cav in a city being built? Left click on some of those to merge them, and this will free up your production for supplies.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 6:55:16 PM   
GShock

Suspend all possible productions and start only producing supplies. The E key suggestion is the best one. U can read how many you consumed. Sum up what you have built and what the foreign trade allows - raiding and you'll know why your supplies dont' grow. Disband all depots you don't strictly need and once the attrition, starvation, disease and desertion take their toll you should go up again with supplies.

Your supply capacity must grow along with your army size. Never forget that building an ironclad puts you out of 1 production point (10 supplies) in each month until completion.

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 8
RE: Union running out of supplies - 11/6/2008 7:03:50 PM   
Capt Cliff

I had that problem of low or no supply for the union. I had built depot's all over the place! When I destroyed them or disolved them my supply problem went away.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Union running out of supplies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI