Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

British ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> British ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
British ships - 11/18/2008 6:28:16 PM   
canadaexile

I am playing the stock 15 scenario.
I am playing against the jap AI.
As I am new to the game I have left the Indian/Chinese areas in computor control.
Question
Does it automatically withdraw the british units or do I have to withdraw them myself?
Post #: 1
RE: British ships - 11/18/2008 6:48:59 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: canadaexile

I am playing the stock 15 scenario.
I am playing against the jap AI.
As I am new to the game I have left the Indian/Chinese areas in computor control.
Question
Does it automatically withdraw the british units or do I have to withdraw them myself?

You must withdraw them yourself... there are probably 17 gazillion threads in the War Room about this about the procedure for doing this.

EDIT:
Here's one:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1927026

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 11/18/2008 6:52:07 PM >

(in reply to canadaexile)
Post #: 2
RE: British ships - 11/18/2008 6:54:16 PM   
canadaexile

I agree that there are threads about how to do this, I was just wondering if the computors did it for you when you had that area under computor control.
I asked the question because when I did a search I couldn't find that particular answer.
Cheers for the reply

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3
RE: British ships - 11/18/2008 6:58:36 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

I agree that there are threads about how to do this, I was just wondering if the computors did it for you when you had that area under computor control.
I asked the question because when I did a search I couldn't find that particular answer.
Cheers for the reply

That thread isn't that great, and the search function is broken...

You must go to a port (Karachi, Bombay, San Fran) - disband - then pull up the ship, hit the "withdraw" button.

The game will ALWAYS ask for 2 DDs even if you have none (if there are any withdrawals requested)

The PP points for DDs are per ship.

EDIT: it is STRONGLY advisable to NEVER, EVER, EVER put anything under computer control, unless you like seeing your ships sunk under bizarre circumstances, and have your troops march off in random directions (anything can happen to anything on the map if you put even 1 thing under the control of the computer.)

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 11/18/2008 7:00:26 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: British ships - 11/18/2008 6:59:18 PM   
canadaexile

rtrapasso
Have read the link that you sent to me, cheers for that. Cleared it up nicely, now have to send my ships back to Karachi and withdraw them personally.
Thanks again

Post #: 5
RE: British ships - 11/18/2008 7:03:10 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

rtrapasso
Have read the link that you sent to me, cheers for that. Cleared it up nicely, now have to send my ships back to Karachi and withdraw them personally.
Thanks again

You might notice the beginning post complains of losing his ships because the computer kept seizing control - a common problem if you have anything (subs, autoconvoy, or any troops) under computer control.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 11/18/2008 7:06:29 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: British ships - 11/18/2008 8:02:28 PM   
canadaexile

I know what you mean, some funny movements by LCU and air units. I put quite a few AK's under computor control for automatic convoys. They just sat there doing nothing apart from the one which tried to get to Perth. Got hit by japs off DEI
I revise the computor stratery tonight and take control of the northern area. Hopefully saving Burma

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> British ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI