Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange Graphics Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Strange Graphics Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange Graphics Issue - 11/21/2008 7:20:03 PM   
Wrathchild

All of a sudden I'm getting some strange behaviour while managing games. I will hear the crack of the bat before I even see what the count is, and the ball never shows up in flight, even though I have it turned on to do so. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen? It seems that if I restart the computer and then load Puresim that it works for at least one game, but I don't want to have to do a reboot any time I want to play.

Oh, and I'm not seeing the play results on the field, either.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
Post #: 1
RE: Strange Graphics Issue - 11/24/2008 7:43:16 PM   
Wrathchild

Anyone have any ideas? Does Matrix support still monitor this forum? The game is unplayable at this point, even after a reinstall. I have no idea what would've affected the graphics like this. I even tried a different video card and a system restore to a week ago and it didn't make a difference, even though the game was working fine a week ago.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange Graphics Issue - 11/24/2008 8:31:22 PM   
Wrathchild

I think I found the culprit. Hopefully this will save someone else some trouble down the road. It seems that something in Internet Explorer 8 screwed up whatever Puresim needs to display it's graphics overwrites. I don't know if it was the app itself or some add-on that caused the issue, because I had no problems at first with it, but I would advise staying away from IE8 for now unless you are willing to uninstall it if issues crop up.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange Graphics Issue - 11/24/2008 10:05:11 PM   
KG Erwin

Hmm, I still use IE7, which causes no issues when running PS. Is IE8 a Vista application? I'm still using XP.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 4
RE: Strange Graphics Issue - 11/24/2008 10:11:10 PM   
Wrathchild

No, I was running IE8 on XP, but 8 is still just a beta, so there are obviously some bugs with it. Regardless, even when it gets released to replace 7 I'm not going to mess with it until I know it's working with Puresim. Maybe even by then there will be a new Draft Day Sports version to play with!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Strange Graphics Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI