Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cAPS LOCKED into oblivion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> cAPS LOCKED into oblivion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cAPS LOCKED into oblivion - 10/11/2000 1:25:00 PM   
robber

This is based on a true story :-) ! There I was, just about to finish a turn in which I had managed to toast a PzIIIe, two PzI´s, and my engineers had immobilized a sIG33 with a close assault. Now I was positioned to enjoy some well placed op-fire in my AI opponents turn. Suddenly remembered a mundane task that had to be done. Alt tabbed away from SPWAW and tinkered with this. Alt tabbed back. Clicked on End Turn and pressed Y. AI opponent starts to move. Aha! Op-fire, sure I want to take that shot. Press Y, nothing happens?! What? Oops, timed.out. Wham, my Char-B bites it! <<< Explicit language removed >>> Another op-fire possibility, press Y again, again nothing happens!? Feverishly trying to push the Y key right through my Thinkpad while watching the AI taking pot shots at my forces totally unopposed. My brave French pixel pals wondering why their commander suddenly issued a hold your fire order and dying while wondering. Ended the game immediately and shut down my PC, at that moment I really hated SPWAW (don't worry it didn't last). Went to bed. By the way, somebody should do a poll. At what time of day (night) do you usually play SPWAW? or, How many members of your household (apart from yourself) is usually awake when you play SPWAW? I'll start this off by confessing, it's ALWAYS late and EVERYBODY ELSE is asleep (sounds familiar?). When I awoke I decided to get to the bottom of my op-fire problems. Never again would I suffer the humility of just watching my forces being attacked while I could only watch as the op-fire counter timed-out. It turned out that the solution is simple and hopefully it will be fixed in a future revision! Opportunity fire confirmations can ONLY BE LOWER CASE!!!!!!!!!!! If you hit Caps Lock SPWAW will gladly ignore your frantic key presses. "He-he, he's pressing the right key but it's the wrong case, let's just ignore the poor bastard!!!!" Sadly enough, things like End Turn responds to both upper and lower case, so you'll have no trouble ending your turn... I know this will NEVER happen to me again, since I nowadays am paranoid as to the state of my Caps Lock status when ending a turn in SPWAW. But to shield future generations of SPWAW recruits from this fate - please, please Matrix fix this in 4.3? Please, please with sugar on top?! Robert

Post #: 1
- 10/11/2000 7:31:00 PM   
AStott

Heh... This happened to me to, and if I recall correctly, I discovered that you can left/right click your mouse for yes/no. I did eventually discover the caps-lock, but for a while there, I was seriously worried.

(in reply to robber)
Post #: 2
- 10/11/2000 9:32:00 PM   
reaper2100

I think you can also use the spacebar to confirm the op fire.

(in reply to robber)
Post #: 3
- 10/11/2000 10:30:00 PM   
Fabs

I've been a victim of this, too. Annoying when it happens, isn't it?

Fabs

(in reply to robber)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> cAPS LOCKED into oblivion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI