Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing Multiple Countries

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Playing Multiple Countries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing Multiple Countries - 11/29/2008 2:37:17 PM   
twolf11

Has anyone tried to run a 4 or 5 player campaign with some of the weaker or naturally allied countries being played by the same player? For example, one player running both Prussia and Austria or Spain/Turkey paired up.

How did it work out?

Did it speed up the game some?

Did it help to keep some of the natural alliances more viable?

r/
J.D.
Post #: 1
RE: Playing Multiple Countries - 11/29/2008 3:18:58 PM   
Mardonius

Hi Twolf.

I have not done this in the computer game but have seen it done in the board game. It worked well enough, with the caveat that in order to win, the player playing two countries had to have both countries win by gettting the requisite PP. It should be known that some of the diplomatic dynamism that makes the game great is lost, but this may be an acceptable sacrifice for increased speed.

If you do this over the PBEM/PBG system, I would recommend that you pair countries that move adjacent to each other for speed purposes. Austria and Prussia woudl be a good pair.

best
Mardonius

(in reply to twolf11)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing Multiple Countries - 11/29/2008 9:28:53 PM   
Dancing Bear

Prussia & Britain, and Russia & Spain work well too.

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing Multiple Countries - 11/29/2008 11:25:05 PM   
mr.godo

With the recent change made to naming the game files, it is more easily accomplished. I was involved in a three player game with France/Spain, Prussia/Austria and GB/Russia (the turk being left in the cold). However, I did run into more of the game out of sequence errors and you have to load files multiple times, which is a hassle.

With multiple countries, you would want someone who is more dedicated and able to process turns quickly. Casual players who check mail occasionally are not-optimal and will add to any delays.

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Playing Multiple Countries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI