Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped Off By The Big 12 & The BS Computer Poll.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped Off By The Big 12 & The BS Computer Poll. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped Off B... - 12/4/2008 10:36:33 PM   
Great White

Yes, I am only a Diehard (ranking by fanship of each Florida program) Univ. Miami Hurricanes, Florida State Univ., Univ. Florida and all the rest of The Florida's Football programs, except Florida International Univ. (just one of the students and graduates ripped off for a forever losing program) and Florida Altantic Univ. I am also a hater of traditional sickness (includes Univ. of Texas) that causes most of NCAA's Div. 1A problems.

With that being said, Ripped Off of Univ. of Texas FootBall program is a perfect example of how conferences' conference schedules and tie breaking procedures are not fair to all and yet another in numberous perfect examples of how The BS System is not fair to all.

I think most can see easily how unfair to all The BS System is, but I do not know if most have checked out the human polls they found out that the human voters respected that Univ. of Texas beating Univ. of Oklahoma head to head and the computer polls did not. Now, we would be directing blame to the wrong place if we just let The Big 12 get away with this; however, if the computer polls determinate factors were setup right, then Univ. of Texas would be playing in The Big 12 Championship for the chance to get smoked in The BS Championship Game.

All the conferences should have either of the following tie, in determining divisional winner, breaking rules. The first one is more fair to all, because it uses *games conference's programs played within divisions first to determine divisions' winners and if tied then goes on*.

1. *If after programs are tied through division records*, then within the conference records. If after programs are tied in within conference records, then head to head record, between all those programs tied; since all conference foes are required to pay each other, rarely not a deciding factor. However, if by some miracle, at least two-programs played to a tie, then play one last divisional game or very short divisional playoff to determine divisional winner.

2. If after programs are tied through conference records, then within the division records. If after programs are tied in within divison records, then head to head record, between all those programs tied; since all conference foes are required to pay each other, rarely not a deciding factor. However, if by some miracle, at least two-programs played to a tie, then play one last divisional game or very short divisional playoff to determine divisional winner.

Of course, one of the only requirements for me to believe/agree in/with non-Univ. Miami Hurricanes, Florida State Univ.Univ. Florida and all the rest of The Florida's Football programs (except Florida International Univ. and Florida Altantic Univ.) is the large part of the solution to this problem (that is possible in more than just Big 12 Conference) is to have all divisional programs play each other twice (10-divisional games). You simply have all divisional programs play each other twice, then have too determine divisional winners through divisional games, that I suggested here, and the odds of having to use the tie breaking procedure drastically goes down, let alone to go deep into the tie breaking procedure.

What do you think?

< Message edited by Great White -- 12/4/2008 10:37:29 PM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM
Post #: 1
RE: Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped O... - 12/5/2008 12:38:55 AM   
DAWUSS

If Missouri wins, Texas goes to the BCS NC.

And BTW, you have no problem with Florida's Big 3 (UF, FSU, UM) benefiting from a BCS flaw?

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 2
RE: Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped O... - 12/6/2008 3:46:35 PM   
Great White

I do not think you are right, because when The Big 12 and The BS System had all the problems with non-Big 12 conference winners making The BS championship games they fixed it so only the conference champions can play in The BS championship games, I also believe the same is true for the other four BS System big bowl games, until all conference winners are used up. Of course, there are ridiculous bowls and conferences tie-ins, I mean when The Rose Bowl has to have The PAC 10 Champion and The BIg 10 Champion. Of course, I think there is another rule that makes The Rose Bowl select another Big 10 or PAC 10 program or both conferences’ programs, if one or both of the conferences' champions are involved in The BS System's championship game.

I tried to go back to The BS System's official website; however, could not find it (even typing in www.BCS.com). I am not at home, thus I do not have The URL saved. Did they take it down?

If both these are not true I be shocked and have more reasons for The Div. Bowl Subdivision and BCS stupidity in dealing with postseason.

In another thread I posted the following:

[qoute]I will never accept any thing that does not have the following, thus until these requirements are met I will never agree that any champion outside of University of Miami Hurricanes or when University of Miami Hurricanes lose to Florida Gators or Florida State University, voted champion Florida Gators or Florida State University. Hey, if they can have biases determining Div. 1A bowl champions, then I can choose to only accept the ones that I have rooting interests in.
RE: An NCAA playoff format (even though I don't really ... - 12/2/2008 5:16:28 PM[/qoute]

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to DAWUSS)
Post #: 3
RE: Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped O... - 12/6/2008 4:10:02 PM   
Great White

I finally found the link The BCS Official Website; and I cannot believe it I think you were actually right, if I understand it. Boy, The Bowl Subdivision is the sports equivalent of our political system that does not care what the representatives want and how the rest of the world solves the same problems.

Well, thank goodness we have the other Higher Educational Divisions, levels of FB and computer FootBall games.

< Message edited by Great White -- 12/6/2008 4:13:37 PM >

(in reply to DAWUSS)
Post #: 4
RE: Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped O... - 12/11/2008 5:58:25 PM   
micvik

Its really an unsatisfying situation anyway it happens because if Texas goes they will be getting in over a one loss Texas Tech team that beat them.

Law makers are trying to force a playoff
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-congress-bcs&prov=ap&type=lgns

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 5
RE: Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped O... - 12/12/2008 12:17:31 AM   
Great White

You know you are dead right. I should have seen your way to begin with.
           Not only is it unfair for the programs of The Big 12, but it also is to the fans, even the stupid and brainwashed ones, who see nothing wrong with rigid and elists way to simple playoff system.

Law makers have no way of doing so, best I know of that they can do is threaten their:

Sherman AntiTrust Law allowances, of course I am not a lawyer and not knowing of all those involved situation, so I cannot say whether they are actually been allowed to break that law.
or
gaining tons of money on the backs of the athletes and yet pay so little money to them, including the value of the scholarship. Equaling it with the programs demands for players to devote so much time or not play and etc. However, I still see no way for them to do any thing to force The NCAA to do so.

< Message edited by Great White -- 12/12/2008 9:59:25 PM >

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> Univ. of Texas FootBall Program is Getting Ripped Off By The Big 12 & The BS Computer Poll. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI