Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Download issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Download issue Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Download issue - 12/4/2008 9:31:41 PM   
spindoc

I purchased Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge today and spent the next hour or so downloading the 2.26 GB zip file (The DR purchase lists the download, once you click the download button, as 2.26 GM. I checked...the downloaded zip file was indeed 2.26 GB). Once unzipped, however, the file was only 2.43 GB and when I tried to run it, I got an error saying an archive check had failed, probably because the download was incomplete or corrupt. I have purchased many Matrix games and never had this problem. What should I do now? You have my money and I have no game.
Post #: 1
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 9:58:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Spindoc,

Sounds like your download was corrupted. We tested the file on the server before release, so this must have happened during the transfer. I would recommend deleting the downloaded file and trying to re-download. You can re-download your game by going to www.findmyorder.com with your download info. If your connection has issues with very large files, you can try a download manager such as www.stardownloader.com (just make sure it's only a single download stream or you'll use up your download attempts for the day if it uses a "leech" multiple stream mode).

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spindoc)
Post #: 2
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 10:01:31 PM   
spindoc

I'm in the process of redownloading. Can you confirm that the size of the zip should be 2.26 GB?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 10:17:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

2.26GB is correct for the download installer, as far as I know.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spindoc)
Post #: 4
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 10:48:15 PM   
VassagoPT

Exact same problem as Spindoc!
Downloaded the zip file, unziped using winrar then when I run the use .exe it takes a minute to do anything and suddenly a popup displays Archive Integrety Check failed.
It can't be a download issue since if the download was corrupt winrar wouldn't uncompress the file because the crc check on the zip file wouln't match.

I am using Vista 64 Business and winrar 3.80, please check if it's an issue from either of these 2 or it must be an issue with your file.

It's very anoying after all this retailer related delays now we are still unable to play because of a bad file...
I have no alternative because I live in Portugal and the game wasn't released here, so I really expect this to be fixed asap.

Tried uncompressing with 7zip and the same hapens.
I'm re-downloading although I'm almost sure it's a problem of your file and not a download problem.

< Message edited by VassagoPT -- 12/4/2008 11:15:17 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:16:42 PM   
zhanga

I think VassagoPT is right, if it's a corrupt download you would not have been able to extract the downloaded ZIP in the first instance.

This can only be a corrupt file in the game installation package. I'm downloading my copy now and I suspect I'll have the same problem as the others and it's such a big download,

Erik, if you guys identify the problem as with one or more files in the installation package could you please make just the affected files available for download instead of making us download the whole game again?

Thanks

(in reply to VassagoPT)
Post #: 6
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:32:15 PM   
wrench

after long download,
i too am having this problem.  unzipped just fine.  upon trying to install, that is when the error occurs.

(in reply to zhanga)
Post #: 7
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:37:21 PM   
jkerlee999

Same problem as everyone else here.
WinZip,WinRAR,7zip  all give the same result.
Has anyone been able to get this to work yet?

Since this seems to be a common problem I'm going to wait for a fix before I redownload.

(in reply to zhanga)
Post #: 8
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:38:55 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks for the reports, needless to say we are moving to try to find and fix the problem ASAP. Not sure how it's even possible given the pre-release QA, but I doubt all of you are having corruption during the transfer. Hopefully this will be able to be fixed tonight, but it may take until tomorrow in a worst case scenario due to the size of the file if it needs to be reuploaded to the store.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jkerlee999)
Post #: 9
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:42:07 PM   
VassagoPT

I think its more than obvious that the problem is in the .exe, not the .zip nor the downloads!
I'm just wasting my time downloading this again... This is very anoying...

Why can't you just pack it as an ISO or something so we can burn to a DVD directly or install with Daemon tools?

Soon I need to sleep since in Portugal its almost 0:00h and I work at 8:00h, I guess I won't see Hired Guns today :(
At least just make sure to upload a proper file soon or many people will be pissed as hell if the weekend passes by without trying the game...

(in reply to wrench)
Post #: 10
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:45:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

Believe me, I understand the frustration. We have multiple steps pre-release to make sure that something like this can't happen with any game, not to mention a 2GB+ download one. I don't know the exact cause of the problem yet or what the fix will be. There are a variety of possible scenarios and until we find out exactly what the problem is on our end I don't know how long the fix will take (but I know it won't take longer than tomorrow morning). Working with such a large file, everything takes longer.

Apologies to everyone, whatever happened here should never have happened.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to VassagoPT)
Post #: 11
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:47:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just throwing this out there to help us track this down.

Has anyone had a successful download of HG today that installed without any errors?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 12
RE: Download issue - 12/4/2008 11:56:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

All those experiencing a corrupt download, which sub-store (i.e. US, EU, etc.) did you place your purchase through?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 13
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:12:16 AM   
wrench

US store

Post #: 14
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:13:06 AM   
spindoc

US sub-store.

Post #: 15
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:15:44 AM   
spindoc

Finished downloading for a second time. Same issue. The download weighs in at 2.26 GB (double checked the file on my desktop). But when you unzip it the resulting file is much smaller. Something is amiss.

(in reply to spindoc)
Post #: 16
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:21:54 AM   
wrench

i get a slightly larger file...

zipped 2.26 GB
un-zipped 2.43 GB

but still, cannot run the installation due to "archive integrity check failed"

using power archiver 2009 with latest updates.
win xp

< Message edited by wrench -- 12/5/2008 12:22:33 AM >

(in reply to spindoc)
Post #: 17
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:31:59 AM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks, we are running some tests - again these take a while with such a large file. We expect that if the problem is what it appears to be, we will be able to have a new re-tested gold master up in the store within 3 hours. Obviously, that's subject to change if things do not go as expected or if the problem requires a new re-build to solve rather than just a re-upload. The QA process makes that extremely unlikely, but then this shouldn't have been possible either, so we're in slightly uncharted territory.

I expect I'll post again in about 2 hours, when all our tests have completed and we can be sure of the solution.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wrench)
Post #: 18
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:38:43 AM   
zhanga

Thanks Erik. Could you please tell us if this affects only copies of the game downloaded from certain sub stores or whether all of your online stores use the same master copy?

Post #: 19
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:42:58 AM   
VassagoPT

I bought from EU store, paid in Euros for the Digital + Physical option.

(in reply to zhanga)
Post #: 20
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:43:00 AM   
jkerlee999

US Store here also

(in reply to zhanga)
Post #: 21
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 12:56:19 AM   
SlickWilhelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: wrench

i get a slightly larger file...

zipped 2.26 GB
un-zipped 2.43 GB

but still, cannot run the installation due to "archive integrity check failed"

using power archiver 2009 with latest updates.
win xp

I'm getting the same file sizes as well. Purchased via US Store.

Almost smells like a packaging error during the spin of the Golden Master build.

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to wrench)
Post #: 22
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 1:03:55 AM   
Erik Rutins

The problem has been confirmed for the download version on all sub-stores. We are working to fix this now. We are verifying the integrity of the gold master on an intermediate server, to see if we can re-upload to the store from there, which will allow the problem to be resolved tonight.

As a side note, this problem does NOT affect the physical versions. Those use a different gold master split across 4 CDs and that has been re-confirmed to be good.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 12/5/2008 1:04:03 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 23
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 3:25:01 AM   
milkweg

Same issue here and used the Canada store. Yea, you guys checked the integrity of the .zip file but you didn't check the integrity of the exe file inside the zip file. <rolls eyes>

And why do you still have the game available to purchase if the file is NFG? <rolls eyes again>

< Message edited by milkweg -- 12/5/2008 3:27:21 AM >

Post #: 24
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 3:36:20 AM   
Erik Rutins

The integrity of both was checked actually. At this point we have no idea how a corrupt file got in there, given the checks. However, we're fixing it.

It's still available for sale for a couple of reasons:

1. Up until a short while ago we were still figuring out the problem.

2. Everyone who orders will still get the working game, though they may need to re-download once the download file is updated. All physical copies are fine and all orders placed now will be able to re-download the replacement file.

None of this is ideal, but we're doing the best we can given the circumstances.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 25
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 3:48:29 AM   
milkweg

If the exe file was checked then how is it possible that it is corrupt? During the zipping process? Downloading over 2GB again is very annoying, especially since I could have just gone to the store and bought a hard copy with an HC manual for the same price and be playing it right now. I was too lazy to go outside though. Maybe in future you could download the file yourselves after upload to confirm the file is good?

Post #: 26
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 4:06:35 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg
If the exe file was checked then how is it possible that it is corrupt?

We still don't know the answer to this. Given the checks it goes through, it should be impossible. In fact this is the first time a corrupt file has gotten through to release.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 27
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 4:24:06 AM   
TR Shrum

Same problem with the download and then failed install. US store.

Post #: 28
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 4:46:03 AM   
animaluk

same here uk download . when can we redownload this game. i have gotten up at 0500hrs this morning to have a hours play before work and this is the problem i find b---acks

(in reply to TR Shrum)
Post #: 29
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 4:57:55 AM   
Erik Rutins

Well, we have a re-tested gold master uploaded to the store, but none of the people we need to get it into the live product are awake any longer and so far haven't been rousable. We expect therefore that it will be replaced around 6-7AM US Eastern time as that's the earliest some of those folks would be back.

We're going to add a warning to the product description in the meantime.

Deepest apologies for the delay, I can only say that this will all be fixed in the morning, seriously. If any of you have any problems re-downloading tomorrow morning once the warning is removed from the product page (which will indicate that the confirmed good master installer has replaced the corrupted one), please e-mail me personally at erikr@matrixgames.com.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to animaluk)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Download issue Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI