Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issue with starting a PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Issue with starting a PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issue with starting a PBEM - 12/5/2008 10:36:39 PM   
Lockmart Lawndart

Alrighty, I just want to preface this by saying that I have read the "how to start a PBEM thread in the main forum and it had a solution and I tried it and it didnt work"

So here is my problem, I have my opponents first turn in my saved game files and when I try to load it, it loads fine right up until it says player 2 enter password. I do, then click ok and then it just boots me back to the main menu. I have no idea whats causing it. We are both running the most recent CHS mod and both the most recent version of WITP. Any help that could be provided would be much appreceated.

Would an incorrect install of CHS do this? I've tried playing a scenario with CHS against AI and it works fine for the first couple of turns that I tried.
Post #: 1
RE: Issue with starting a PBEM - 12/5/2008 10:40:45 PM   
Lecivius

Entering an incorrect password will do this.  Are you 100% positive what you are entering as the allied password (player 2) is correct?

(in reply to Lockmart Lawndart)
Post #: 2
RE: Issue with starting a PBEM - 12/6/2008 6:32:38 AM   
Quixote

I'm guessing your opponent was testing out his first turn orders, assigned a dummy password for the Allies, and mistakenly saved or sent you this file with a password already chosen. Below are the images you should see when you do your very first turn, followed by the screen it sounds like you are seeing now, which is every turn after the first for the rest of the game. Hopefully he doesn't have to re-do all of his orders and saved a copy of his turn before hitting the end turn button, otherwise he could be in for a lot of work if you aren't playing a historical first turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 3
RE: Issue with starting a PBEM - 12/6/2008 3:31:25 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

otherwise he could be in for a lot of work if you aren't playing a historical first turn.

and it is NOT a good idea to choose historical first turn (there is a bug that turns off the combat reports, and it is about 50/50 that they can be turned back on).

Hopefully, the IJ player did some interim saves when starting his turn 1... that way, he can reenter the turn without too much trouble, save it (always good to have a prefinalized save), then finalize it and send it to you without trying to enter a password.

Unfortunately, there is no real way to change a password once the game is started (well, not without some serious hacking which i would not attempt).

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Issue with starting a PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI