Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Download issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> RE: Download issue Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 10:13:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

I haven't heard of anything being down. Can you provide more details on exactly what problem you're having?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 61
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 10:19:31 PM   
PDiFolco

Just a question/suggestion : I can't understand why Matrix d/l store always has zipped files, of 500MB-1GB up to now, here 2GB+, when the size decrease is very small (usually less than 5%) compared to the exe inside, given the time  lost and HDD space needed for unzipping, and now there was a faulty zip...
Why not just put the exe to d/l ?

PDF

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 62
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 10:20:40 PM   
Joram

Must be a Chrome issue. Went through FMO with Windows and was able to start downloading. There's several Chrome issues with the site by the way (like forum login box wayyyyy to the right).

But it's going using Windows Exp so no worries.

Post #: 63
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 10:22:23 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco
Just a question/suggestion : I can't understand why Matrix d/l store always has zipped files, of 500MB-1GB up to now, here 2GB+, when the size decrease is very small (usually less than 5%) compared to the exe inside, given the time  lost and HDD space needed for unzipping, and now there was a faulty zip...

We used to do that, but found that some people had anti-virus software that would absolutely disallow them downloading an exe file under any circumstances. Rather than embark on a rather large training, support and education project, we started zipping the files. It also gives us another way to help prevent file corruption (though that didn't help in this case for the original download file).

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 64
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 10:22:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram
Must be a Chrome issue. Went through FMO with Windows and was able to start downloading. There's several Chrome issues with the site by the way (like forum login box wayyyyy to the right).
But it's going using Windows Exp so no worries.

Great to hear!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 65
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 11:04:55 PM   
milkweg

I'm downloading it fine right now @530kb/s. You guys owe me a new blank CDR.

< Message edited by milkweg -- 12/5/2008 11:06:29 PM >

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 66
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 11:07:06 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco

We used to do that, but found that some people had anti-virus software that would absolutely disallow them downloading an exe file under any circumstances. Rather than embark on a rather large training, support and education project, we started zipping the files. It also gives us another way to help prevent file corruption (though that didn't help in this case for the original download file).

Ok, kind'a "commercial" reason, but you can't fight the wind... Yet it'll help (me at least) to be able to alternatively d/l exe files, I'm educated and doesn't shun exes, only DRM viruses

Post #: 67
RE: Download issue - 12/5/2008 11:39:51 PM   
gunny

OK Im using star loader. Its not showing any progress on the DL. But alot of activity on my DSL, it must be doing something. Is it normal for starloader to show the setup release zip at 0kb?. So what is it doing.

I'm getting rid of starloader it keeps giving me a status Done with a 0 kb file. Clunky piece of crap.

< Message edited by gunny -- 12/6/2008 12:03:49 AM >

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 68
RE: Download issue - 12/6/2008 1:50:23 AM   
VassagoPT

Just finished installing Hired Guns, all ok.
Downloaded from EU store.
Omw to check out the game before sleep :)

(in reply to gunny)
Post #: 69
RE: Download issue - 12/6/2008 2:22:41 AM   
vorkosigan

Hi,

just came back home after going out... I see I got the 4-part install inside the ZIP.

:-)

(in reply to VassagoPT)
Post #: 70
RE: Download issue - 12/6/2008 5:43:55 AM   
TR Shrum

Erik and all Others,

Began new download at 7:30AM Pacific Time (western Oregon), took 4.5 hrs.  Began install and that took 45 mins.
Running game on an HP Pavilion Elite m9040n PC, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS on an HP 24"
monitor at 1900x1200.  Everything seems to be running just fine.

Thanks for all the effort to fix the download problem.

Looking forward to WITP AE.

(in reply to vorkosigan)
Post #: 71
RE: Download issue - 12/6/2008 8:26:46 AM   
Fabius_slith

To Erik:

downloaded again from eu-store this night (05/06-12-2008 (Rome-italy time)) . It's the "four files" zip ...... so today I'll install & try this new chapter of the JA series.
Thank you for all ! (and I hope that this problem will be the only one in a very good experience)

Nihil difficile volenti

(in reply to TR Shrum)
Post #: 72
RE: Download issue - 12/6/2008 3:20:01 PM   
gunny

Downloaded normally last night. 12 hours. No drop off and ALL IS GOOD. Game installed no prob.
whatever problem there was is fixed. In the end I got the game a day later. No big deal.

(in reply to Fabius_slith)
Post #: 73
RE: Download issue - 12/8/2008 2:33:58 AM   
milkweg

It took 12 hours to download? You must have a slow connection because I had it downloaded in less than an hour on high speed cable.

(in reply to gunny)
Post #: 74
RE: Download issue - 12/8/2008 2:45:44 AM   
gunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg
It took 12 hours to download? You must have a slow connection because I had it downloaded in less than an hour on high speed cable.

yep I got DSL bundled through Cosco. My unlimited longdistance and DSL is only 50 bucks month but its slow. On the other hand my wife makes up for it by using the unlimited long distance to levels beyond its intent.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 75
RE: Download issue - 12/8/2008 4:48:17 AM   
milkweg

Ah, what those DSL providers don't tell you is that you need to be fairly close to a junction box to get a decent connection. I used to have DSL and downloading files was much slower than cable. I have a friend who has DSL right now and he can't wait for his contract to expire so he can go back to cable. They sucked him in with a free Dell 19" LCD for a 3 year contract. The Dell LCD was not even very good and has lots of light bleed around the edges. He gave it away to a friend anyway. I'm always reminding him that he is a salesman's wet dream come true. ;)

(in reply to gunny)
Post #: 76
RE: Download issue - 12/8/2008 8:59:49 PM   
Mr. Stik

I had the same download corruption issue (US store).  I downloaded a second time and had the same issues.  Through great persistence in trying to extract the zipped files, I eventually got my second download to extract and install.  It's not a solution, but keep trying to extract the zipped files to a temp directory, you may eventually have luck.  I did.

Post #: 77
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> RE: Download issue Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI