Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

European market

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> European market Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
European market - 12/7/2008 7:01:08 PM   
Eastern

I wonder if Matrix has some other policy for the european market ? I see discussions about the game World War I -la grande guerre but I ordered the game on the 13 th november (2 days after release) and still no game allthough the firm credited my visa on that date. I ordered 8 games at once but the order status keep saying "backordering" !
Now they anounce a Christmas holiday sale, I am still witing for my games but no one mention I could see some discount prices for my order !! For me its an odd thing to see discussions about games and in the European market not getting any deliveries. So my question to other players (of the European continent but Americans can say their opinion) is : are there so much problems for Matrix deliveries to the old continent ?? I like to know that , so I am looking forward to see some reactions, because Matrix has problems with this , we can go elsewhere together with the majority of the European players to buy our games
Post #: 1
RE: European market - 12/7/2008 7:27:42 PM   
Terminus

If they're backordered, that means they haven't got the physical copies available to send to you. Naturally they have fewer copies in stock in Europe than they do in America (that's just common sense if you're a US-based company). Why the hell would Matrix have "another policy towards the European market"???

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 2
RE: European market - 12/7/2008 9:13:38 PM   
Vasquez

From my experience it takes DR five to ten days to ship from britain to germany. I never purchase a game what is listened as not on stock. But I agree its bad to get your creditcard billed for 8 games and one months later still no games received. Imho you should get at least the holiday sales prices afterwards or one game for free or something.

Good luck.

< Message edited by Vasquez -- 12/7/2008 9:14:06 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: European market - 12/7/2008 10:31:18 PM   
Valkyrie

Good reason to buy only the download version, make your own backup CD, and print out the manual yourself. Save money and aggravation (plus the immediate gratification of getting your game instantly).

Just bought TRAINZ 2009 which was offered only via download for the initial release. Huge download (multi-gigabytes) and it took nearly 24 hours to download, but it's installed and working already. The last time I ordered a TRAINZ product from Auran (Australian company)it took several weeks to arrive. Download is much nicer and my scaled to full page manual printouts are easier to read than the small ones that ship with games these days (if you even get one).

Signature? Maybe someday over the rainbow.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 4
RE: European market - 12/8/2008 7:43:17 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eastern
are there so much problems for Matrix deliveries to the old continent ??

The answer is no and the reason is probably another fubar at Digital River who handle the shipping process for Matrix.

What you should do is immediatly contact support at http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 5
RE: European market - 12/8/2008 10:38:23 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eastern

I wonder if Matrix has some other policy for the european market ? I see discussions about the game World War I -la grande guerre but I ordered the game on the 13 th november (2 days after release) and still no game allthough the firm credited my visa on that date. I ordered 8 games at once but the order status keep saying "backordering" !
Now they anounce a Christmas holiday sale, I am still witing for my games but no one mention I could see some discount prices for my order !! For me its an odd thing to see discussions about games and in the European market not getting any deliveries. So my question to other players (of the European continent but Americans can say their opinion) is : are there so much problems for Matrix deliveries to the old continent ?? I like to know that , so I am looking forward to see some reactions, because Matrix has problems with this , we can go elsewhere together with the majority of the European players to buy our games

Hi Eastern, sorry for your problem. But this is not the rule, rather an exception. We had several titles rapidly going out of stock in the EU warehouse cause they sold out quicker then we estimated. New titles are on their way and should hit the warehouses soon. I guess Erik can give a better estimate then me there.

You say your credit card was already charged, is it possible that you ordered download+physical version?

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 6
RE: European market - 12/8/2008 7:53:51 PM   
Jeffrey H.

The ability to add a digital download to a physical shipment, after the point of sale would go a long way to make this sort of problem better. I got 'caught' in this 'trap' when I ordered physical shipment, w/o digital download thinking I had the fever under control and that I could wait it out. WRONG ! I got the fever bad while waiting but I found there was no way to add a digital DL after you have already purchased the game.

That would be a good feature to have.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 7
RE: European market - 12/8/2008 10:14:32 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

The ability to add a digital download to a physical shipment, after the point of sale would go a long way to make this sort of problem better. I got 'caught' in this 'trap' when I ordered physical shipment, w/o digital download thinking I had the fever under control and that I could wait it out. WRONG ! I got the fever bad while waiting but I found there was no way to add a digital DL after you have already purchased the game.

I thought shipment+download cost the same as just the shipment... and I´ve always wondered why, then, someone would choose shipment only.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 8
RE: European market - 12/9/2008 2:48:18 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

I thought shipment+download cost the same as just the shipment... and I´ve always wondered why, then, someone would choose shipment only.

Yes, you are correct, the two methods cost the same, but some people, for some reason, won't always use the digital DL feature. In my case, I often buy at times when it's not convenient or good to DL or I am simply willing to wait for a physical copy.

Whatever the reason is, you can't go back despite the fact that there is no cost adder.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 9
RE: European market - 12/9/2008 8:05:00 PM   
Eastern

Is it really possible that we must wait more then one month to get a game that they must re-order, and I see the delivery date week after week thrown back ?? See for yourselves on World War I -la grande guerre

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 10
RE: European market - 12/9/2008 8:12:42 PM   
Eastern

To Terminus,

I bought the game -World War I - 2 days after release-date, and then I must believe that they allready sold out. And for another thing, backordering for more then one month ?? I see the delivery date week after week thrown back.
Its not my first adventure with Matrix delivery system, last year there was a huge problem with Digital River, their European "delivery centre", and I waited and waited untill
Mr Erik Rutins himself came in and solved the problem at last.
So I thought I wasnt alone with these problems

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 11
RE: European market - 12/9/2008 8:17:15 PM   
Eastern

To Marc Von Martial,

Thanks for your reply

But week after week I see the delivery date thrown back. Today again they have changed the date for World War I from 8/12 to 15/12, Its allready the third time they changed this, backordering for more then one month ??

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> European market Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote