Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What I want for xmas 2009

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> What I want for xmas 2009 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/7/2008 4:34:13 AM   
nietsche

A CCV style game that is improved as much as WAR was from CCIV. and includes:

• Teams that can be "Rested in the rear" and then return later. This means that the team is intact and you can adapt your teams for each map, develop a larger forcepool and maintain good sensible realism over a campaign (rather than assuming stable teams and that you lose anything you release)
  • REALLY large scale strategic (possibly 2 tiered) strategic maps so the scope can be huge (like Normandy to Paris and Belgium)
  • More types and flexibility of supply challenges at the strategic level (without becoming just a resource game)
  • Starting points for attacks adjusted so that the deployment area is more natural and derived from the ease of mobility from the past map (ie if you are retreating you have a small deployment area easily defended by the occupants but if you had a total victory then you have a broad and more secure launching point for the next attack). This probably implies uniformly larger maps overall.
  • Progressive release of maps to extend the overall theatre using a stable game engine ...
  • Ability to have agreed points limits per battle that are enforced by the game engine for head to head and AI.
  • Some detail improvement to line of sight viewing tools so that it is clearer what exposure and visibility you have. Same with cover. In reality a unit commander who is any good will pay extremely close attention to these factors when positioning their units ... we need the game to assist, given that we have a 2d image of a simulation of a 3d landscape ...

So there it is Santa Matrix

Hard work is a good way to succeed. There is less competition that way...
Post #: 1
RE: What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/7/2008 4:59:13 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: nietsche

• Teams that can be "Rested in the rear" and then return later. This means that the team is intact and you can adapt your teams for each map, develop a larger forcepool and maintain good sensible realism over a campaign (rather than assuming stable teams and that you lose anything you release)

Resting teams without losing their history sounds good.
quote:

• REALLY large scale strategic (possibly 2 tiered) strategic maps so the scope can be huge (like Normandy to Paris and Belgium)

• Even larger strategic area, might be alright for a company but it is hard enough to get 44 maps now for CC5 mods
    quote:

• More types and flexibility of supply challenges at the strategic level (without becoming just a resource game)

• What type of additions and flexibility where you thinking of for the strategic level?
    quote:

• Starting points for attacks adjusted so that the deployment area is more natural and derived from the ease of mobility from the past map (ie if you are retreating you have a small deployment area easily defended by the occupants but if you had a total victory then you have a broad and more secure launching point for the next attack). This probably implies uniformly larger maps overall.

• More variety in deployments areas sounds good
    quote:

• Progressive release of maps to extend the overall theatre using a stable game engine ...

• Might be interesting, though both sides usually knew the area being fought over.
    quote:

• Ability to have agreed points limits per battle that are enforced by the game engine for head to head and AI.

• That would help H2H play and prevent someone from picking 15 panthers. Enforcing a realistic force mix would be helpful too.
    quote:

• Some detail improvement to line of sight viewing tools so that it is clearer what exposure and visibility you have. Same with cover. In reality a unit commander who is any good will pay extremely close attention to these factors when positioning their units ... we need the game to assist, given that we have a 2d image of a simulation of a 3d landscape ...

• A menu option to see the LOS for a unit would be helpful. I saw one war game that darkened everything out LOS for unit based on the direction it was facing. It was slick.
    quote:

So there it is Santa Matrix

Good list nietsche...

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 12/7/2008 5:07:01 AM >

(in reply to nietsche)
    Post #: 2
    RE: What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/7/2008 3:32:30 PM   
    Nomada_Firefox

The unique thing that I would like for xmas would be one WAR strategic map tool like on CC5 with Strat tool. Some like this can open us the door from many mods on WAR, on special conversions from other Close Combat games.

(in reply to Tejszd)
    Post #: 3
    RE: What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/7/2008 8:54:47 PM   
    crushingleeek_slith

all those things sounds great.

I'd like the option to simulate battles in campaigns.

(in reply to Tejszd)
    Post #: 4
    RE: What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/8/2008 8:26:50 AM   
    Moss Orleni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

The unique thing that I would like for xmas would be one WAR strategic map tool like on CC5 with Strat tool. Some like this can open us the door from many mods on WAR, on special conversions from other Close Combat games.

I absolutely definitely second that!

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
    Post #: 5
    RE: What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/8/2008 9:01:20 AM   
    mooxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: nietsche

These are actually in previous versions of CC. There are so many good features in all versions of CC, some of which were not carried over to the next.

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to nietsche)
    Post #: 6
    RE: What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/8/2008 11:42:48 AM   
    Q.M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Good list nietsche...

Agreed, very good.

(in reply to Tejszd)
    Post #: 7
    RE: What I want for xmas 2009 - 12/10/2008 10:42:01 AM   
    nietsche

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

What type of additions and flexibility where you thinking of for the strategic level?

I was driving along the Hume Highway (amongst the roadworks, trucks, tankers, bulldozers etc) and it came to me... you might have some strategic supply units that have to compete with other units for space on the strat map... if your supply blunders into enemies then it is lost and your overall supply situation worsens. If it gets through to near the frontlines then it increases the supply for them.

Similar thing for say Brigade command... like suggested elsewhere, proximity to brigade command improves performance and increases reinforcements ... but brigade, battalion etc command can defend itself a bit.

Finally, transport units that can speed up the movement of non-mechanised groups. possibly making it so that you can move more than 1 map.

Hard work is a good way to succeed. There is less competition that way...

(in reply to Tejszd)
    Post #: 8
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> What I want for xmas 2009 Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI