Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Taking the dam on medium and $$$$

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> After Action Reports >> Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ - 12/7/2008 8:50:54 PM   
ferguson01

I've managed to take 5 areas now on Medium.
On the medium setting, you can not take the time to rest or repair. You must take a new sector each day, or you lose mercs. You get cash each time you take a sector, sometimes as much as 30k. So, I've kept moving from sector to sector as fast as possible.

My guys live on looted guns and ammo. undamaged helmets are hard to come by.
the 4 mercs (all pretty cheap) and main guy all have Calicos or AKS's and the bad armor, berets or cowby hats. All my helmets are ruined.

The Dam was certainly an interesting fight.
My first time I tried invading from the middle of the map I managed to sneak up on one guy and kill him with a knife before all the rest of the NPCs charged at me. I held the top of some hill for a while until I was overrun by about 12 guys from all over the map.
Time to try something different.
The second try I invaded a little town in the NE corner. With 10 saves and reloads (to avoid grenades) I succeeded in taking the town. Amazingly, I didn't aggravate the rest of the map. The game went back into real time and I started my way across the top of the dam. Up there, the NPCs had a tougher time throwing grenades at me as I could control their approach along the thin top of the Dam. It still took 10 more saves and reloads of course. Sometimes a grenade would make it through.

That fight felt good. I think the game is much more fun with low LOS. The NPCs lose much of their otherworldy advantage, and tactics seem to mean something. Im hoping there are many more city maps as the game continues. Those open field battles are silly, with the balance at the medium settings.
Post #: 1
RE: Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ - 12/7/2008 9:55:51 PM   
Imvarda

Have you tried improving the sectors by buying the bonus things? that way the income gets boosted pretty well.

Also, try using repair - doesn't take long for entire squad's gear to be repairds.

(in reply to ferguson01)
Post #: 2
RE: Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ - 12/7/2008 10:53:46 PM   
ferguson01

Bonus things!?
What's that?

(in reply to Imvarda)
Post #: 3
RE: Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ - 12/8/2008 12:03:09 AM   
ShadoWarrior

You can upgrade the dam with up to 3 extra generators, at a cost of $5,000 each, and each extra generator gains you another $1,500 in daily income. Basically, you use half ($15k) of the $30k bonus you get for taking the dam to upgrade it, and the upgrades more than pay for themselves after 4 days.

(in reply to ferguson01)
Post #: 4
RE: Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ - 12/8/2008 11:06:42 PM   
Hard Sarge

what about the 20 grand they want to repair the damage to dam after you take it ?

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 5
RE: Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ - 12/9/2008 12:33:12 AM   
SeanD

SPOILER

You still make money from the Dam after the "damage" factor takes effect. And fixing it isn't that difficult if you're rapidly expanding across the map anyway.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ - 12/9/2008 10:17:15 AM   
CowGod

also use a high wisdom merc to speak to the manager for a good surprise :)

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> After Action Reports >> Taking the dam on medium and $$$$ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI