Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weapon Accesories

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Weapon Accesories Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 3:13:56 PM   
CowGod

Has anyone come by a sniper scope, bipod, silencer, grenade launcher or any kind of weapon extras so far?

All i find are lasers.
Post #: 1
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 3:21:42 PM   
Hard Sarge

I just found a Scope, i been getting lasers and the fancy sight (that sight is nice, improves the range nicely)

I can buy a Silencer, but havn't so far, most of my battles seem to start out point blank, so who cares if you are heard, down the road they may have more use

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 2
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 3:41:11 PM   
ShadoWarrior

No scopes yet, but I've found a collimator sight (the one that boosts range by about 50%). I've also found a silencer.

A big problem with HG is that weapon accessories degrade very quickly, 2-3 times as fast as the gun itself. And accessories stop working when they drop below 50% repair, which means for me they stop working midway through a battle, before I even finish firing a 30-round magazine. After the breath issues, accessory degradation is the next most seriously-broken aspect of the game for me. If someone finds where in the XMLs the rate of accessory wear is at, I'd sure love to reduce that value by a factor of 4 or 5 to make it something more realistic and playable.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 3:47:18 PM   
CowGod

Actually i do need a silencer because sometimes when you start you find just one guy in front and if you kill him silently then you can move your squad in position before lead starts to fly by.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 3:51:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

Make sure you check possible weapon/ammo crates/cabinets/etc. I recall finding some great equipment in some of those places, from collimator sights and sniper scopes to improved slides, etc. As you start fighting tougher enemies, they will also tend to drop more weapons with accessories.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 5
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 3:55:40 PM   
ssxia

sometimes a silencer increases the damage of a gun for me. That would be one reason to use a silencer.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 4:15:58 PM   
Joram

That would be abberant behavious as I haven't noticed that.  Besides being silent, it lowers your range.  But to OP I've found tons and tons of lasers, a collimeter once, and a slide.  Most of the lasers I take right off the guns that I capture and put them on mine.  The rest I found in crates.

To Shadow:  I've never noticed that behaviour.  My stuff easily lasts a whole battle.  I know it's an obvious question but are you repairing everything between battles?  If time is tight between battles, I put everyone who isn't a patient or doctor into repairing.  And I have at least one good mechanic who can repair the entire squads stuff fairly quickly.

(in reply to ssxia)
Post #: 7
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 4:17:58 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShadoWarrior

No scopes yet, but I've found a collimator sight (the one that boosts range by about 50%). I've also found a silencer.

Yea, that is the one, I wasn't even going to try and spell that one

A big problem with HG is that weapon accessories degrade very quickly, 2-3 times as fast as the gun itself. And accessories stop working when they drop below 50% repair, which means for me they stop working midway through a battle, before I even finish firing a 30-round magazine. After the breath issues, accessory degradation is the next most seriously-broken aspect of the game for me. If someone finds where in the XMLs the rate of accessory wear is at, I'd sure love to reduce that value by a factor of 4 or 5 to make it something more realistic and playable.

hmmm wonder what the thinking on that is ? , most of those things are "HARDer" to damage then the weapon is, those are not things that go out of wack from muzzle blast or recoil (bouncing it off a tree or the ground maybe)(hmmmm, I got a good scope on my Rifle, same set up as the Marine sniper rifle, but with out the heavy barrel and with a 270 win, instead of 308, and in 30 years, it has never needed anything done to, since I sighted it in)

and to be honest, there scope looks more like a mini starlight scope then a true hunting/sniping scope

and i used to carry a starlight, the biggest issue we had was the battery, the scope never took any damage

(I used to carry that thing with out the rifle, for night time scouting, you looked kind of silly, but it worked great :), think that was before night vision googles :)

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 8
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 4:20:30 PM   
Hard Sarge

don't know if along the same lines or not, but I noticed alot of the armored pants are at 0 when you find them, so I always go though the wharehouse and double check my pants (don't want to go into battle with holes in your pants, the enemy might laff at ya)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 9
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 4:56:01 PM   
ShadoWarrior

Joram, I do repair everything to 100% between battles. As I said, after about 20-30 rounds or so my silencer drops to 0% condition, and by the time I've fired 40-50 rounds the sights and slide are well below 40%. It happens to all my mercs, not just the custom one, and it's happened in two different games at two different difficulty levels, and it happens regardless of the mix of accessories on the weapon.

PS - I'm a software QA manager, as well as being a systems analyst, so I do know a thing or two about testing for bugs and aberrant software behavior.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 10
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/9/2008 5:52:43 PM   
Joram

Fair enough, I'll see if I might have a few saves of battles that took long and see if I notice the quality hit.  I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything go below 90% but on the other hand, I'm not specifically looking for it.  I am playing on easy though, that might have something to do with it.

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 11
RE: Weapon Accesories - 12/10/2008 1:32:56 PM   
Hard Sarge

I don't know if it was from use, or it was damaged when the owner was getting killed, but did some stuff that was at 0 when I picked it up (a Lazer and a Sight) (I added them with the hope that they would be repaired)

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Weapon Accesories Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI