Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vista Crashes Anyone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Vista Crashes Anyone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/12/2008 7:59:17 PM   
CowGod

I have been having constant crashes to desktop on vista. Anyone else is having the same problem???
Post #: 1
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/12/2008 8:21:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

I can only speak for our Vista test system, but it runs crash-free there. Could you e-mail me your zipped /Logs sub-folder so that we can see what it says about the crashes?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 2
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/12/2008 11:02:16 PM   
Joram

I have Vista and had a couple crashes early on but actually it's been running pretty smooth right now.  There is this weird hesitation which I think is related to the sound files but it's relatively unannoying.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/12/2008 11:33:11 PM   
Trifler

It runs fine for me on Vista 64-bit.

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 4
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 2:41:38 AM   
hadberz

The retail game is crashing on me, but the demo runs fine. I emailed the log files to you Erik. My desktop is normally pretty solid, so I have no clue what is causing this issue. I'll keep fooling with it, so maybe I can figure it out.

(in reply to Trifler)
Post #: 5
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 2:41:38 AM   
Shin

I've had occasional crashes but not often enough to be bad as long as I saved regularly. I suspect they may have something to do with switching out to the desktop sometimes.

Vista-64

(in reply to Trifler)
Post #: 6
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 4:35:01 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz
I emailed the log files to you Erik.

Hm, I don't see them yet - did you send them to erikr@matrixgames.com?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 7
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 5:08:39 AM   
hadberz

Think I figured out my problems.

I updated my K9A2 Platinum motherboard integrated soundcard/chip drivers (driver dated 2 Dec 08) and guess what, no crashes after an hour of play. So I guess something with the old driver and the game did not mix.

Post #: 8
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 2:47:40 PM   
milkweg

Vista64 here and not one crash yet. Probably video or sound driver related and not Vista itself.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 9
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 5:01:11 PM   
TR Shrum

I have had the game crash and "slow load" on my Vista system.  However, I install all my intertainment software on my E drive and my business software on the C drive.  What I have discovered is that a few of my entertainment items don't like being installed on the E drive.  When I reinstall them on C the problems go away.  This I did with Hired Guns.  Now I have had no crashes and the game/saved games load faster.  I have read that Vista "calls" things a bit differently than previous versions of Windows and that could casue some problems.  I'm no expert and I'm not sure if the people writing the stuff that I've read are true or just guesses.  Vista is "different" and when I install some programs (a very few) on a drive other than C, I have some problems.  Reinstalling on C (for me) seems to fix things.  My  experience only.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 10
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 8:11:19 PM   
CowGod

Hey. sorry for the late reply but i fixed my problem. I updated all the hardware drives and it works fine now. Guess it was a sound or video driver.

I must say that you guys at Matrix are some of the most helpfull staff i have ever had the pleasure to deal with. Keep up the good work as customer service is an essential part of a good gaming company. Bravo!!!!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I can only speak for our Vista test system, but it runs crash-free there. Could you e-mail me your zipped /Logs sub-folder so that we can see what it says about the crashes?

Post #: 11
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/13/2008 10:24:45 PM   
GODSPEED7

I think I had a crash once or twice only.. and I seem to know where it comes from [in my case]. I'll have to explain this;

I have a squad located at the Crossroad. I hire a new merc whom I make arrive at the North Road as Squad 2. Now, if I open the Squad Window - to manage who is in what team - and if I happen to click on the new merc I hired, I do not seem to be able to put him anywhere [not even back it his original slot], the only thing I can do is press ESC. But even when no window is open, and all I see is the map, but I still have that new mercs picture attached to the mouse, and cannot get rid of him. If, and when I do, try to load the last saved game at that point, Vista [or the game] closes the game.

I am pretty sure this is a bug, nothing big, but still a bug. Maybe Matrix could look into this if anyone has that problem as well...

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 12
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/14/2008 5:58:18 AM   
milkweg

quote:

ORIGINAL: TR Shrum

I have had the game crash and "slow load" on my Vista system.  However, I install all my intertainment software on my E drive and my business software on the C drive.  What I have discovered is that a few of my entertainment items don't like being installed on the E drive.  When I reinstall them on C the problems go away.  This I did with Hired Guns.  Now I have had no crashes and the game/saved games load faster.  I have read that Vista "calls" things a bit differently than previous versions of Windows and that could casue some problems.  I'm no expert and I'm not sure if the people writing the stuff that I've read are true or just guesses.  Vista is "different" and when I install some programs (a very few) on a drive other than C, I have some problems.  Reinstalling on C (for me) seems to fix things.  My  experience only.

Which HDD or partition you use shouldn't matter at all. Maybe the other HDD has some bad blocks and is causing the crashes? Download HDTune and have it do a thorough scan on the HDD you had crashes with. Not the quick scan but the full scan.

http://www.hdtune.com/

(in reply to TR Shrum)
Post #: 13
RE: Vista Crashes Anyone? - 12/14/2008 10:50:02 AM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: GODSPEED7

I think I had a crash once or twice only.. and I seem to know where it comes from [in my case]. I'll have to explain this;

I have a squad located at the Crossroad. I hire a new merc whom I make arrive at the North Road as Squad 2. Now, if I open the Squad Window - to manage who is in what team - and if I happen to click on the new merc I hired, I do not seem to be able to put him anywhere [not even back it his original slot], the only thing I can do is press ESC. But even when no window is open, and all I see is the map, but I still have that new mercs picture attached to the mouse, and cannot get rid of him. If, and when I do, try to load the last saved game at that point, Vista [or the game] closes the game.

I am pretty sure this is a bug, nothing big, but still a bug. Maybe Matrix could look into this if anyone has that problem as well...

yea, I have run into this one a couple of times too, seems like the Pic sticks to the mouse and won't come off

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Vista Crashes Anyone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI