Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't scroll up and down

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Can't scroll up and down Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't scroll up and down - 12/12/2008 7:42:25 PM   
brak

Maybe this is related to my video driver issues, but I'd like to see if anyone else runs into it before giving up completely. After exiting to the global map, then returning to the game, suddenly I can't scroll up and down anymore. I can still scroll left and right, and the game seems to work OK otherwise. This problem started after installing the patch. It also seems to be tied to saved games in that I can reload a saved game and the problem goes away until I exit to the global map and try to re-enter the sector. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Post #: 1
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/12/2008 8:23:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hm, haven't seen that, but if it started with the beta update for you the most likely culprit is the new camera settings. If you install the game, then copy the system.cfg file from the main game folder to a backup folder, then apply the update and copy the system.cfg back, you should have the update with the old camera settings to see if that helps in your case.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to brak)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/12/2008 10:04:40 PM   
brak

Yeah, I was afraid that a reinstall might  be in order.  I really like having the improved vision from the camera, tho, so just thought of this:  I am going to try starting a brand new game under  the beta to see if maybe the same thing doesn't happen this time.  It's an excuse to delete a bunch of mercs I've grown to hate, anyway.  If it happens again, then I'll reinstall.  Or maybe by then, someone else will have run into this issue.  

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/13/2008 5:42:46 AM   
SeanD

You can actually just deleted the system.cfg file and then run the game. The exe will automatically build a new cfg file with default settings (non patched) settings.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to brak)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/13/2008 6:06:08 AM   
brak

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeanD

You can actually just deleted the system.cfg file and then run the game. The exe will automatically build a new cfg file with default settings (non patched) settings.

I guess I got a dud version, 'cause this trick didn't work. The exe started, then just sort of died. I tried it both from the menu and quick start (although it probably shouldn't matter). Maybe tomorrow I'll reinstall. It took friggin' _forever_ to install the first time!

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/13/2008 11:02:45 PM   
brak

Wow!  The reinstall only took a couple of minutes.  :-)  And it solved the scrolling problem.  Even the broken saved game works OK again.  I still hate my team of mercs, tho.  Especially Shaman.  

(in reply to brak)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/14/2008 1:31:37 AM   
zonks32

I found I could not scroll up or down, all I have to do is tilt the camera back and then the scroll works.

(in reply to brak)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/19/2008 7:14:53 PM   
Hzrd00

Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm having the exact same problem

(in reply to brak)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/19/2008 9:17:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hm - are all of you turning off any anti-virus/security software while installing? The fact that a reinstall is fixing this issue suggest some kind of odd file corruption.

Had you changed any of the game options/settings after installation? Perhaps we can trace down the problem setting there.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hzrd00)
Post #: 9
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/19/2008 11:26:00 PM   
flankspeed

I also found that I could not scroll at all when placing my mercs in a map. Until I tilt the camera.
As soon as I tilt the camera it scrolls just fine after that. Weird.

(in reply to brak)
Post #: 10
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/21/2008 2:48:36 PM   
DurtyDan

quote:

ORIGINAL: flankspeed

I also found that I could not scroll at all when placing my mercs in a map. Until I tilt the camera.
As soon as I tilt the camera it scrolls just fine after that. Weird.

I have the same problem. ALso, the default view always goes back to max zoom in until I tilt the camera, then it will finally save the view when clicking on the mini map or a character. I have tried adjusting the view options in the setup area, but no luck.

< Message edited by DurtyDan -- 12/21/2008 3:02:54 PM >

(in reply to flankspeed)
Post #: 11
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/27/2008 3:31:43 AM   
stew31r

just installed the update and ran into the same problem, can't scroll up or down in the tactical screen

(in reply to brak)
Post #: 12
RE: Can't scroll up and down - 12/27/2008 6:54:07 AM   
SeanD

Hi Stew,

Have you tried tilting the camera or moving it around a bit first and then scrolling? Try zooming in and out as well and see if that helps. Check out this post for a full list of camera controls:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1971471

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to stew31r)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Can't scroll up and down Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI