Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dumb Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Dumb Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 2:46:42 PM   
Hard Sarge

how do AP work, or what do they mean ?

why do I have a weapon with single shot cost of 5 and burst cost of 6, but when I try to fire them, I get AP costs of 14 (follow up shot is 9)

Post #: 1
RE: Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 3:02:24 PM   
Reinforce

I think some of that phantom AP cost comes from targeting a the person for the first time and the moveing involved in it. Getting them in your sights and such. Just a guess though I may be wrong.

Much love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 2
RE: Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 6:01:11 PM   
Hard Sarge

sure, but...

I pick a target and fire, where is the added cost for the next round ?  (should be the AP cost of the weapon, which here would be either 4 or 5  (depending on which I am using) and lower since I have aready locked in the target, but it is showing as 9

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 3
RE: Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 6:19:18 PM   
zknight

Is that with full aim on? I've seen secondary round firing at the same target cost me 5-6 AP at lowest precision level. Merc stats also play a role.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 6:41:44 PM   
redknob

I think the merc's dexterity also has an influence.

(in reply to zknight)
Post #: 5
RE: Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 7:22:08 PM   
Reinforce

Ap costs seem to be something like +1 to face the target while standing not sure the value while kneeling/prone. +1 for the first shot then +1-4 for aiming then whatever the weapons cost is.

So say you have a mini-14 that costs 6. Your first from the hip shot would be 8. All other shots should be 6, this is while standing. Aiming would add there respective points in. Max aim on all shots adds 4 to the AP cost. I have noticed as well if the target gets knocked over the +1 ap cost for the first shot gets added again, I guess that would be the cost to move your sight to the targets new position. If they move as well you sometimes have to spend the +1 to relook at the target, depending on which way they move.

This is just from playing around, If someone could find the cost values of this in the files that might give us a better understanding.

Much love,
Reinforce

(in reply to redknob)
Post #: 6
RE: Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 10:44:03 PM   
GODSPEED7

Yes, as was said up here... The lower your stance, the more AP it takes to face the enemy and finally raise your weapon. Standing up is the quickest way to align a target, crouching is slower, and crawling is not suggested in most circumstances. On the other hand, the lower your stance, the steadier your weapon will be, so your aiming is improved, meaning that you're more likely to hit your target.

If they replicated the way AP's cost in JA2, then yes, Dexterity changes something. The closer you are to 100 Dexterity [or Agility for moving], the closer you will be to minimizing the AP 'cost'; that Mini-14 that costs 6 AP to fire, while 100 Dexterity will cost you that 6 AP providing you are already facing and aiming the enemy, 50 Dexterity might cost a minimum of 10 AP to fire the gun, provided you are already facing and aiming the enemy... EVEN IF the gun's AP cost is 6!

Bleeding [Injured w/out having yet used a medkit] will greatly reduced your overall AP's to use per round. Unless you are pretty badly wounded, if you use the medkit on you, it should restore your overall AP's to use per round. Being low or out of breath GREATLY reduces the amount of AP's you can use, and on top of it you have big chances your Merc will 'faint' of exhaustion and be useless for the remainder of the turn.

I think that can sum it up...

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 7
RE: Dumb Question - 12/13/2008 10:44:21 PM   
ShadoWarrior

+2 to change facing while kneeling.

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 8
RE: Dumb Question - 12/14/2008 12:23:01 AM   
Hard Sarge

roger

but I am not talking about moving, shifting or turning, I am talking aready being locked onto the target

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 9
RE: Dumb Question - 12/14/2008 2:55:52 AM   
Hard Sarge

okay, now explain this

14 AP to fire while standing up, kneel down and it costs 13 AP to make the same shot ?

(just in case, I had 14)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Dumb Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI