Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interface

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Interface Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interface - 12/14/2008 12:11:07 AM   
Slon

Is there a way to see what the chance to hit a target is? Like in JA2 1.13? Also, can I intercept incoming enemies? I liked JA2 where enemy groups could never truly hide anywhere. They always existed in a concrete sector which could be reached. In this game, it seems as though the enemy either exists in a sector, or is located in an unreachable "limbo" position between one sector and another.

Also, DJ's page seems a bit empty. I can't buy any nice weapons or even ammo for my rifle that I found. No AK rounds, either. So I'm stuck firing single shot all the time, and even with that I'm running low on ammo.

How do you see the routes from one location to another? I want to know from which directions a given location can be accessed so that I can adequately protect my land. With JA2 it was straightforward since every block was an area and, in most cases, a block can be access from an adjacent block.

Also, did anyone notice that the infantry sometimes fall through floors/walls when blown away? Are the walls destructible like in JA2? Because I haven't noticed any destruction besides that of doors.
Post #: 1
RE: Interface - 12/14/2008 12:38:22 AM   
ShadoWarrior

This game, alas, incorporates none of the features added into JA2 1.13.

If you want a better selection of stuff at DJ's you need to use the beta patch, or the mod that gives you access to everything.

There are some hard-to-see lines on the map that, once you're adjacent to a new location shows you how that new location links up to the locations you've already been to. HG is not like JA2 where you can see all the location (well, all the non-hidden ones) right from the start. In HG, all locations are obscured by "fog of war" until you're adjacent to them.

Walls are very destructible. And the serious clipping issues in this game are well known.

(in reply to Slon)
Post #: 2
RE: Interface - 12/14/2008 1:13:15 AM   
Slon

Link to beta patches/mods?

Also, is there a way to see hit chance?

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 3
RE: Interface - 12/14/2008 1:49:13 AM   
ShadoWarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slon

Link to beta patches/mods?

Easily found by looking at the various pinned topics, such as "Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available!" and the Mods subforum at the top of this forum.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slon

Also, is there a way to see hit chance?

No.

(in reply to Slon)
Post #: 4
RE: Interface - 12/14/2008 5:38:11 AM   
Slon

What about intercepting incoming enemies that are "in-between" sectors?

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Interface Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI