Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retreat into contested hexes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Retreat into contested hexes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retreat into contested hexes? - 12/14/2008 11:15:09 PM   
Kaliber

Another issue showing up:

This is what I think I've figured out:

I (the CP) am contesting two hexes from the Boogada playing the TE (Paris and the hex SW of Paris). This is what happens: I win both combats several times in a row. The last battle result (for Paris) shows the enemy at strenght 53 losing 49 strenght points. In the following impulse, the TE is still in control of Paris - but this time with a strenght 9 (and not 4) unit!
This is what I suspect happens: the units from the hex SW of Paris retreat into Paris - the one from Paris to the other contested hex to the SW (even though I won both battles). This way, every impulse, my opponent only has to send in a couple of corps from the hex he controls next to the hex SW of Paris (this is a little confusing but hang on). These units will then retreat into Paris although I've also won the combat there.

Does this seem normal? It brings me to the paradoxal conclusion that in order to take Paris I should not attack the other hex (and if I attack, I better lose the battle). I suspect a design flaw somewhere along the line.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Retreat into contested hexes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI