Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Very minor bug in 4.3b

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Very minor bug in 4.3b Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Very minor bug in 4.3b - 10/12/2000 11:27:00 AM   
Miku

I was playing this new campaing by WB yesterday, with all options on (also vehicle breakdowns). I sent my 60mm Mortar Jeep charging forward to help my front line troops, when the lousy &¤%& jeep broke his axle or something ... Out of blue I got this idea of hitting the "undo"-button ... and it worked!! (this is the bug) Funny thing about it is that the jeep was still immobilised in its original location, so I actually made things worse; and there is no way I can undo the undo I made :-) As there is code that stops you doing undo if you spot enemy, this code could also added to stop doing undo if you get immobilized by breakdown. Very minor thing, but should be also very easy to correct. Mika

Post #: 1
- 10/12/2000 6:54:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Miku: ...when the lousy &¤%& jeep broke his axle or something ... Out of blue I got this idea of hitting the "undo"-button ... and it worked!! (this is the bug) Funny thing about it is that the jeep was still immobilised ...
No bug here - at least not the way you see it. Bug is that the vehicle is still immobilized after undoing, if there's a bug at all. I think it's intended behaviour - a "random event" has nothing to do with your counterpart (which spotting has), so you should be free to undo, but undoing the breakdown would mean that you wouldn't have any breakdowns at all, unless the breakdowns would be rolled a turn in advance (MOO2 greets here ), what won't work for SPWAW as well. Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Miku)
Post #: 2
- 10/13/2000 10:52:00 AM   
Miku

Arralen, you missed my point in second paragraph: if you move and get shot at, you can not do undo. I think this kind of behaviour should be generalised, i.e. if something bad happens to your unit that was intended to happen (i.e. getting ambushed or breakdown), you should not be able to hit undo to IMPROVE your situation (with breakdown if your starting position is better than the place where the breakdown happens, you can use undo-button to improve your immobile unit's position ...). I agree with you that fixing the breakdown using undo would make breakdown useless (in solitaire games). On the other hand, undo button is there only to let you correct your silly mistakes in solitaire games, which breakdown clearly is not. Actually I would vote for removal of the whole undo-button, if it was replaced with a button that would do something more useful (like a button that you could use to give your unit an order to ignore anything else and concentrate on repairing the breakdown ...) Like I said, this is a very minor issue that I just happened to ran into. Cheers! Mika

(in reply to Miku)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Very minor bug in 4.3b Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI