Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/14/2008 11:34:15 PM   
VassagoPT

Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village: Are these maps implemented ingame or just lost files in the game folder?
If these are ingame how do we get there?
Post #: 1
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 12:13:26 AM   
flankspeed

Mountain Village is so I assume the others are, though I'm no that far into the game yet.

To find mountain village
SPOILER Below SPOILER

After you capture the train station talk to the staion manager in the main building and tell him you want to lower the ticket prices. Then go to one of the small houses in the N and talk to Louis, that should make mountain village visible to you.

Note-Louis sometimes is not there in my game, not sure if this is a bug. Think it may have something to do with how you solve the safari quest. Seems if you get there in time to save the guy at safari then Louis is home.

Edit:Based on what js says below it might be leaving without killing the civilians that allows you to do the Louis/Butsi quest. If you help the marauders kill them you start on the marauder quest path.
If you arrive too late and the civilians are already dead I'm not sure what happens.

< Message edited by flankspeed -- 12/15/2008 7:03:36 PM >

(in reply to VassagoPT)
Post #: 2
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 5:08:04 AM   
SeanD

quote:

Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village: Are these maps implemented ingame or just lost files in the game folder?

Drug Deal and Pirate Island are not in the final game AFAIK. They are "leftovers", so to speak.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to VassagoPT)
Post #: 3
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 6:41:08 PM   
js55203

I might be wrong, but to unlocked Pirate Island:

Spoiler

1. Kill civilians in Safari + talk with leader, he will mark their base on your map
2. Capture the mine
3. Go to the base, talk with one of the leader + give him the mine, he will tell you the boss wants to meet you on the island

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 4
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 6:58:03 PM   
flankspeed

@js
quote:

I might be wrong

That statement confused me. Did this strategy work to unlock it for you or not?

(in reply to js55203)
Post #: 5
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 7:33:50 PM   
VassagoPT

quote:

ORIGINAL: js55203

I might be wrong, but to unlocked Pirate Island:

Spoiler

1. Kill civilians in Safari + talk with leader, he will mark their base on your map
2. Capture the mine
3. Go to the base, talk with one of the leader + give him the mine, he will tell you the boss wants to meet you on the island

wow, if that if correct than it's a really nice game feature and certainly adds to the replayability :D
How sure are you of that?

Also, what is "their base"?
I never found any Marauder/Pirate base in the game... everything belongs to the Dictator...
Also, on the game files I only see this extra 3 sectors I refered, and apart from the Pirate Island itself none of the other 2 is a Marauder base...

(in reply to js55203)
Post #: 6
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 8:24:38 PM   
js55203

flankspeed: I did unlock a location called "Pirate Island" (south of Mountain Village), but since SeanD said they are "leftovers", I wasn't sure if its the same file I am talking about.

VassagoPT: What I did was:
1. Went to Safari a. talk with Marauder Leader b. Intimidate (Red Line) to let the guy go c. Wait till the Marauder Leader talk to me again, tell him we should leave no witness (help with the killing) d. after killing, talk to the Marauder Leader again, he should give you the location of Marauder Outpost (North-East of mine)
2. Capture Mines
3. Go to Marauder Outpost a. talk with Raven tell him I have captured the mines b. give it to him c. he should mark Pirate Island on map

(in reply to VassagoPT)
Post #: 7
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 10:56:25 PM   
flankspeed

js thanks for clearing that up. Now I understand.

Vassago I believe the marauder base is the sector called "outpost". Though not having been there yet I am not certain. Like mountain village it is hidden until you unlock it with a quest.

(in reply to js55203)
Post #: 8
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/15/2008 11:24:37 PM   
VassagoPT

Tyvm for the explanation.
On my current game I killed all the Marauders on the Safari and now I'm way too advanced, but it's better like this because that's a really good reason to play HG again after I finish one time :)

(in reply to flankspeed)
Post #: 9
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/16/2008 4:53:33 PM   
TR Shrum

Has anyone made it to the UN Base yet?  Once I got there no one would talk to me.  I tried the "Commissioner" several times, but no response.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

(in reply to VassagoPT)
Post #: 10
RE: Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village - 12/16/2008 5:08:47 PM   
VassagoPT

Same happened to me, none of the NPCs talk... useless faction so far... I'll just kill them once I get rid of the dictator 

(in reply to TR Shrum)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Maps: Drug Deal, Pirate Island and Mountain Village Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI