Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do U really finish the first map?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> How do U really finish the first map? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do U really finish the first map? - 12/18/2008 2:18:11 AM   
benqq

The FAQ didn't answer the question, theres bunch of soldiers that i killed and i got the message "all clear", still i can't do anything, can't move on tactical map etc... I've now spent hours trying to figure this out. I just want simple intructions how to move on after i've killed all the bad guys, it's a shame that there isnt even a tutorial map. This is by far the worst gaming experience i've had in a long time.

Don't get me wrong, i love JA series and finished all the games multiple times, still this game is making me nuts.
Post #: 1
RE: How do U really finish the first map? - 12/18/2008 2:43:47 AM   
Reinforce

You try the little red upward faceing arrow button below the minimap to leave the sector? You used that to leave the Battle map.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to benqq)
Post #: 2
RE: How do U really finish the first map? - 12/18/2008 3:28:37 AM   
flankspeed

The FAQ actually does tell you what you need to know. Read the third question again
"I thought I could bribe people and talk to a large variety of characters but everyone seems to just shoot at me right away."

You can't just shoot first and ask the questions later in this mission. You might actually, you know, talk to some people.

(in reply to benqq)
Post #: 3
RE: How do U really finish the first map? - 12/18/2008 11:06:28 AM   
Shin

Are you walking around waving guns around or do you have only a friendly non-threatening handshake for people? :) 

(in reply to flankspeed)
Post #: 4
RE: How do U really finish the first map? - 12/19/2008 6:23:06 AM   
benqq

Well basicly i had guns in my hand, when they said put it away, i tried to but its almost instant combat. (my bad, but u can't just expect "newcomers" to know this.)
Next map i got stuck again, cleared the area of militia man and the game said, "you can now leave the area", well when i tried to leave it says "you can't leave right now", excuse me? There was no1 alive, still couldn't leave the area. I seriously think that the game needs a better tutorial, i can see/imagine newcomers getting stuck in the game before entering in a real action.

To put things short, i just gave the game to my friend as a christmas present. I didn't like the control system at all, very sluggish and "slow-responsive", bad AI, poor sound/music acting, many bugs, worst bug that i had was: i couldn't select, move or do anything with my characters, basicly had to start the map over again.

Minor things that were annoying: Stamina rules was more frustrating than fun. Shotguns in short range combat doing a whoopydoo 2dmg in the head(no helmet)? Accuracy of 90 and i still missed _a lot_, especially in close combat. Grenades arnghhhhhh(nothing more to say). etc...

Good things in the came were graphics/animations and the variety of guns, but thats pretty much all the good things. :(

(in reply to Shin)
Post #: 5
RE: How do U really finish the first map? - 12/19/2008 12:28:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sounds like you weren't playing with the update as far as some of the balance issues go. Regarding the problem with clearing sectors, I haven't had that happen. Note that you need to not have a gun on you to talk to potential hostiles. Otherwise, they'll still spot the gun and become hostile.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to benqq)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> How do U really finish the first map? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI