Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Hints] Hired Gun Hints - All the Answers You are Looking For... Maybe?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> [Hints] Hired Gun Hints - All the Answers You are Looking For... Maybe? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Hints] Hired Gun Hints - All the Answers You are Looki... - 12/17/2008 1:06:43 PM   
Blurrk101

Hired Gun Hints

Just some of the Hints I found around the forum. Try to gather them up. If I'm going to make one for myself, might as well put it on the forum. Also, I strongly suggest you to check out the Hired Guns – The Jagged Edge Gameplay FAQ before reading down, or even making a post of your own.

Don't Forget to check back in a while, more stuff will be added

The game start on the North Road, where the IPA quiz is required to be taken before getting into action. It's more like a tutorial mission to familiarize the player with combat and NPC interactions. The objective here is to acquire a car and a map for the strategic section from the guide (in the lower right, the person standing next to a house with a women inside) to travel around the Diamond Coast with, and a bunch of Maraudeurs to be shot at(not required if you can afford 5000 money). Be sure to get the Passport from the Officer (holster your weapon! it means not in your character's hand) by the car by choosing the topmost options.

Plot-------there are four possible plots

Corp-------Main plot player starts on.

Dictator---Get the passport from the Officer by the car in the first map, then go talk to dictator in
he Palace.

Maraudeur--In the Safari map, finish the conversation with intimidation(red, and save before you do, in case it goes wrong), then talk to the Bandit leader again, tell him to silence the witness then he'll show you to the Marauder "Outpost" to the East.

Butsi------Get the passport, then go to the train station. Talk to Louis and take his mission.

-The UN camp has possible involvement with the Butsi and Maraudeur plots. As a rescue and a siege mission belong to the UN. If, not taken out.

HP Status---

Strong-> over 80

Healthy-> above 60

Weak-> below 60

Bad-> 30-40

Critical-> below 30

Dying-> below 15

Dead-> 0

-What does the quiz traits do?

Apart from the obvious one like auto_weapon, phobia---such as psycho, dictates how your characters react in game Automaticly. As an example, right after a single-shot a character goes bananas with a dialog. Then the second shot become a burst, which you know isn't yourselves. This is the effect of the phobia trait - psycho.

Other effects include: dialog, combat effectiveness, but not all does. If you haven't seen the Quiz Breakdown click here.

-Detail of known Demeanor, Skill, and Phobia Trait effects.

Each character can have one Demeanor, two Skills, and one Phobia Trait.

-Demeanors - I only found these to be speech related. Self-explainatory.

Aggressive -

Arrogant -

Asshole -

Coward -

Friendly -

Loner -

Normal -

Optimist -

Pessimist -

-Phobia - Same as Demeanor. Only speech related, so far.

Claustrophobic - "Enclosed space? You're living in the middle of the desert."

Forgetful - "what happened to my 100 bill? I'm positive it was there before I bought this brand new shirt I'm wearing."

Nervous - "it's alright...don't worry about it....it's not a mine you're stepping on...oh..please don't tell me it's a landmine..."

Psycho - randomly switching to burst-shot when dialog triggered.

-Skills - effectiveness in combat

Ambidextrous - I have no idea what it means....

Auto_Weapon - better burst accuracy.

Electronics - there is no electronics, so ignore

Hand to Hand - more unarmed melee damage.

Knifing - more armed melee damage.

Lockpicking - Again, ignore

Martial Arts - to be determined, my guess is more health or less AP for melee

Nightops - no skill

Stealth - harder for enemies to spot or hear.

Teaching - more efficient when set as Trainer of a quad. (x 1.25 chance)

Throwing - throw just that bit further to give you an edge over your enemy.

-Also, there are some hidden Skills that only the hired mercs possess---camouflaged, heavy_weapon, and onroof(no idea).

Hints-------

1. leaving the map is not possible when engaged, unless a green "Sector is Clear" phrase appear on screen. Click the red exit button on the lower left corner when it does to complete the map.

2. The spams in game are the same as the spams you get in the real world, they are junks, in case you wonder.

3. A large slot is double the capacity that of a small one for stackable items.

4. Do you know your left hand can serve as an extra large slot? It's obviously not intended, but if you throw some thing on the ground then pick them up, they'll be stored on the that slot as long as the item is not removed.(Tested on rifles & machine-guns, not rocket launchers and such)

5. Many of the buildings cannot be entered, but can still be blown up with enough firepower

6. Can't hit enemy at range? Make sure you have a sight and laser upgrade for your weapon

7. In my opinion some of the best guns in this game - HK G41 , AK 103 , M14, H&K 23, Minimi FN

8. Frustrated about running out of fresh meat for the grinder? Buy the regenerator later in game. A one_time use that heal about 25 HP. Use it the same way as using a medkit, press ctrl when equipped, then just point.

9. Most of the game is free-play. The only two instance found to be time constrained are Safari(finish the quest within 20 hr from the beginning of the game), and Mine Strike (Longer it take, more profit loss).

10. The stationed machine-guns in-game can be used. The ammo show 000, whereas it's actually 1000. The effectiveness of the weapon is limited though, since it's low arc of fire (60-degrees).

11. APs are shown as white numbers on the character portrait, and visible enemies are shown as red numbers on the portrait and red arrow on screen. Known enemies are shown as grayed out arrows.

12. The "approve looting" option allows salvage of equipments from the dead, and only the dead. Items fell to the ground will be added to the map's storage, depending on circumstances, there will be a time lag. So don't worry about these.

Map Loot-----Since many of the below I did not encounter personally, they won't be going into details until then.

North Road -----Kill the Maraudeurs(or not) in the northern huts(You can fire a shot, then run away, the soldiers will do the work for you) some basic stuff in the cabins

Safari ---------the luggages on the ground, basic stuff

The Mine -------between a mortar and a machine gun, above a white car, a building in the depot. Look for a cabin, it contains two types of drum-fed grenade launcher and two good helmets.

Military base --inside of the building next to the flag in the middle. with three transistor-electric box thingy fenced in. Inside of the cabin there, are some advanced ammo and a vintorez

The Port--------FN2000 and some ammo on top of the Battle Ship

North Base -----a locker in the upper left corner barracks with some explosive drums right next to
a door. Shoot the drums to get inside, or use some of your own.

Coastal City ---NW house, a sniper rifle and dynamites

Also in

The Dam

The Fort

If you happen to find more, please post them here, I'll add them in, so people see them in one place.

< Message edited by Blurrk101 -- 12/19/2008 12:15:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Hired Gun Hints - 12/18/2008 4:17:54 AM   
flankspeed

North Road-You don't actually have to kill the marauders to steal the loot from the cabin. You can rob them blind and they won't stop you. 

(in reply to Blurrk101)
Post #: 2
RE: Hired Gun Hints - 12/18/2008 3:32:03 PM   
Blurrk101

Got it, thanks.

(in reply to flankspeed)
Post #: 3
RE: Hired Gun Hints - 12/18/2008 3:52:54 PM   
ShadoWarrior

The left hand only can serve as "extra" storage if the item in the right hand is a one-handed-use item. If your right hand is holding a two-handed weapon you cannot use the left hand for anything else.

(in reply to Blurrk101)
Post #: 4
RE: Hired Gun Hints - 12/18/2008 4:38:59 PM   
Blurrk101

Well, it worked for rifles and machine guns. Didn't try rocket launchers though

< Message edited by Blurrk101 -- 12/18/2008 5:41:53 PM >

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 5
RE: Hired Gun Hints - 12/18/2008 5:22:37 PM   
ShadoWarrior

If it worked then you've found a bug, not a feature.

(in reply to Blurrk101)
Post #: 6
RE: Hired Gun Hints - 12/18/2008 5:33:06 PM   
Blurrk101

I've never considered it being a feature, obviously it's not suppose to be. It's just something I've found while playing which could be useful to someone if any. I'll note that.

(in reply to ShadoWarrior)
Post #: 7
RE: [Hints] Hired Gun Hints - All the Answers You are L... - 12/18/2008 10:15:07 PM   
JustSomeGuy

There is also a "Crate" in the mines area, it is one of the buildings up on the eastern edge of the building. You don't have to even move to check a sector for crates, just turn roofs off and move cursor over everything, if it turns into a hand then it likely is loaded with goodies (but not always). And you can even do this while in turned base mode, so before going full auto, launching the rpg, or tossing the grenade check to make sure you aren't about to destroy something you will later want.

JSG

(in reply to Blurrk101)
Post #: 8
RE: [Hints] Hired Gun Hints - All the Answers You are L... - 12/19/2008 8:55:35 AM   
MrLoadsOfQuestion

Respect to you Sir for gathering all the infor here,this would make alot of reading up easier. Hope that you an carry this on, i would like to read more information on how the quiz traits particularly affect the gameplay.

(in reply to JustSomeGuy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> [Hints] Hired Gun Hints - All the Answers You are Looking For... Maybe? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI