Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Planes on the battlefield

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Planes on the battlefield Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Planes on the battlefield - 4/27/2002 8:38:02 PM   
AgentRoo

is it possible to have planes on the battlefield - like fortifications?

i ask because i'm trying to create a Long Range Desert Group style attack on an airfield, and want some planes for them to shoot up etc.

I know one scenario had infiltrating Lysander transport planes, so i figure there is some method - anybody?
Post #: 1
- 4/28/2002 10:11:24 PM   
RockinHarry

H,

check this thread for more on this matter:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18674

________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to AgentRoo)
Post #: 2
- 5/1/2002 1:38:27 AM   
Major Destruction

You could place the planes on the airfield in your scenario and play turn 1. Do not end the turn.
Abandon the planes then save the game and rename the saved game to scen files.
Transfer the scen files to the scen folder then edit the scenario.

It would be really neat if, you could get the crews to arrive as reinforcements at the crew dispersal hut, then 'scamble' to their planes by using waypoints and reaction turns.
I don't know if the AI would be able to get the crews to board and fly the planes off, but creating such a scenario would be a real challenge!

In my "Daring Escape" scenario I had the Lysanders arrive as reinforcements and the human player had to load them and fly off.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to AgentRoo)
Post #: 3
Thanks Guys - 5/2/2002 9:15:52 PM   
AgentRoo

Thanks guys!

I'll get to work, and if it seems reasonable, i'll post it up here.

Ahh, the beauties of LRDG with their custom armed trucks!!

(in reply to AgentRoo)
Post #: 4
Re: Thanks Guys - 5/3/2002 10:18:43 AM   
Major Destruction

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgentRoo
[B]Ahh, the beauties of LRDG with their custom armed trucks!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't forget to give them twin Vickers K's

And by the way OOB editors, that is one wicked weapon that needs to be edited.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to AgentRoo)
Post #: 5
- 5/3/2002 7:38:16 PM   
Wild Bill

Wow! What a delicate issue! I find myself in a quandry in stating an opinion here.

To answer Steve's comments on planes in the North Africa Mega Campaign, the icons in MCNA were taken from the game itself long before the special aircraft/vehicle icons were designed. It was no easy task. I was delighted, therefore, with this second option of aircraft placed on a map as map icons. They add so much to the scenarios dealing with airfields!

It was Brent's idea to innovate these special icons for the mega campaigns in the development of MCLV. Once he informed me of his project, I jumped on board and used them to improve MC- Watchtower.

To be honest, I never thought of them being used post-Mega Campaign in scenario design.

I've read these posts and thought this over carefully. I think Brent has a valid point, and it should have been clarified before this happened.

Warrior also has a valid point. The selling point of Mega Campaigns is not based on these few special icons. They do add, however, to the uniqueness of Watchtower and Lost Victories.

Since the Mega Campaigns are sold products and not a free offer as the game itself, it might be better to note in a scenario using them that certain features of the scenario are only available if one has the Mega Campaigns.

Posting them for download might not be the best thing to do since they are at least a small part of the selling features of the campaigns.

I know Warrior and other gamers who have posted these special files are men of integrity and would never do anything to compromise the campaigns. Steve was one of the team captains in the development of MC-W and is one of its staunchest supporters. He and others who have enjoyed and used these graphics are nearly all Mega Campaign team members.

Final thought, it might be best to not post them for public downloading, at least here on the Matrix forum. I hope my thoughts here do not offend any of my good gaming friends who have only the best at heart for the Matrix Gaming Company.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to AgentRoo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Planes on the battlefield Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI