Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cam. problems after 01 update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Cam. problems after 01 update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cam. problems after 01 update - 12/19/2008 3:40:25 PM   
Hzrd00

After I ran the .001 update I started the game at a recent save and all looked good. I was kind of in a bind progress wise and decided to start a new game. Deleted all my old saves and started new game. Had a bad surprise when I started the North Road opening sec.(the screen viewable area of the sector was reduced to about 1/3 of what it had been prior to patch. All squad member names and npc names were not viewable in full map mode (M). Uninstalled game - reinstalled game now to patch or not to patch? DXD attached. Oops, almost forgot to state camera problem: After running the .001 update the N-S arrow keys no longer function, this is rather problematic as you would know. I just ran the update again and the camera\arrow key control problem remains.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hzrd00 -- 12/19/2008 8:44:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Cam. problems after 01 update - 12/19/2008 6:27:41 PM   
Terl

I would definitely update your nvidia drivers; unless I misread it, they are from 2007.  That could help.

(in reply to Hzrd00)
Post #: 2
RE: Cam. problems after 01 update - 12/19/2008 7:04:52 PM   
Hzrd00

Okay Malta, Thanks I'll try that. It had occurred to me that it was a possible problem but as I consider it, it most likely won't solve anything. The game ran fine (aside from the dopey stats of npc's, guns etc. before update.)

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 3
RE: Cam. problems after 01 update - 12/19/2008 7:47:39 PM   
Terl

I noticed in another thread where someone had similar problems and reinstalled the game and it fixed it all. If all else fails it may be worth a shot.

(in reply to Hzrd00)
Post #: 4
RE: Cam. problems after 01 update - 12/19/2008 8:31:49 PM   
Hzrd00

Reinstall over the existing install or uninstall first? (1)I have updated 1rst time: N\S camera problem occurred. (2)Uninstalled game\Reinstalled game\Ran update (my first 2 saves are okay) but when I travel to next sector problem re-occurs. I uninstalled my old video drivers and installed the latest one and the problem persists.

< Message edited by Hzrd00 -- 12/19/2008 8:46:17 PM >

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 5
RE: Cam. problems after 01 update - 12/19/2008 9:19:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

This is very odd. Could you e-mail your system.cfg file to me at erikr@matrixgames.com please?

After installation, did you change any of the game's options or settings or does this happen on a clean install with all default settings?

Is your video driver set to the default settings?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hzrd00)
Post #: 6
RE: Cam. problems after 01 update - 12/21/2008 7:53:56 PM   
Hzrd00

Problem Solved!
Apparently there is a control to tilt the camera and that enables scrolling in all directions as well (Click right mouse button) and if you have a wheel mouse it (the wheel) functions as zoom control too. To bad that the genius that wrote the quick reference commands on the back of the game manual did not think this was worth mentioning, unless it is a function that was added with the .001 up-date..... then perhaps it should have been mentioned in the .001 update readme file. Thanks to those that posted mentioning the tilt feature, you know who you are.

(in reply to Hzrd00)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Cam. problems after 01 update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI