Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sins of a Solar Empire - Off Topic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Sins of a Solar Empire - Off Topic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sins of a Solar Empire - Off Topic - 12/29/2008 2:53:08 AM   
garysorrell

Bought myself Sins of a Solar Empire. An RTS I have wanted forever now, but waited till the price dropped.
Well, lets say it's as addictive as Civilization, and MaxFB.
Here, my Fleet Carrier and Flagship, the Ark Royal, sits on top of a resource rich area, waiting for my mining ships to arrive.

Really fun game, but this was my trial and error session. Once I get the hang of it, I will probably start again. Anyway, just curious if any of you have tried it.
Used to run close to $40 US, but has been on sale for less than $30 recently.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 12/30/2008 4:27:19 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/29/2008 4:03:16 AM   
quixian

I almost picked it up when Stardock had it on sale a few weeks ago, but I was getting graphical errors with the demo and didn't buy it. Since I've updated my drivers, I need to give it another whirl.

If you can tear yourself away long enough to do so, please continue to share your experiences with it. I've been hooked on Space Rangers 2 for the past month (admittedly, a different type of game, but a great sci-fi title nonetheless) and always have room in my collection for a great 4x type game.

< Message edited by quixian -- 12/29/2008 4:04:05 AM >

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 2
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/29/2008 9:04:52 PM   
garysorrell

Suprised I missed Space Rangers. Might have to check that out also. I like the combination of play styles.

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 3
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/31/2008 1:51:40 AM   
GFeros

Hello fellas, just saw this post as I also have the games mentioned. Quizian- becareful, Space Rangers 2 has StarForce enabled, I'm not sure if you already new that.

Post #: 4
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/31/2008 2:02:07 AM   
quixian

Yeah, I returned my boxed copy when I found that out - then bought it thru Stardock, which is Starforce free.  

For those who haven't heard of Starforce:  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_72/414-StarForce-Must-Die.3

(in reply to GFeros)
Post #: 5
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/31/2008 2:16:41 AM   
mbsports

I get my outside of football fix from WWII Online - Battleground Europe.  I really do suck at it, but it is fun on a mass theater level.

The learning curve is insane, especially for flying airplanes.

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 6
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/31/2008 2:48:36 AM   
garysorrell

Thats one of the reasons I buy very few PC games anymore. I understand the need to try and prevent piracy, but when it gets to this point, i'm out. I bought GalCiv when it came out, and then Sins. I will always support Stardock, Matrix, and similar companies, when I can.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 7
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/31/2008 6:35:38 AM   
Marauders

Yeah, beware of Stardock.

EA has put a three time install limit on Mass Effect and Spore.  For those of us who upgrade our hardware often, That is unacceptable.  Of course, they learned that trick from Microsoft and Windows XP.

That's not saying I am against copy protection.  A little copy protection to keep games from being neo-freeware is fine.

Post #: 8
RE: Well, this was a big mistake - 12/31/2008 4:21:10 PM   
Old Coach

If you are interested in space flight simulations, I "play" Wings of Mercury. It's a simulation of the Project Mercury suborbital and orbital flights. You can pretend to be any of the Mercury 7 and fly a mission. Here's the website:

http://www.aokwom.com

Also check out this site:

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html

You can download a FREE space shuttle flight simulator. It's a bit challenging to master flying the shuttle into orbit, but it's a good sim. There are sites where you can download addons that can simulate anything from a simple V-2 launch on up to Soviet or American moon missions.

Old Coach

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Sins of a Solar Empire - Off Topic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI