Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW Megacampaigns suggestion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> SPWaW Megacampaigns suggestion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW Megacampaigns suggestion - 4/29/2002 6:14:27 AM   
Henri

The SPWaW mega campaigns look interesting. I just downloaded the 7.1 version SPWaW (the version on my HD was 2.0...), and I can see that it seems considerably improved, and I'm going to try playing some games after I retread myself by reading the manual (which cost me about $40 worth of ink to print out).

Anyway here is a suggestion: why don't you put the first couple of scenarios from a mega campaign into the game so that players can see for themselves if they are as much fun as some claim? I think that it is safe to say that except for players like me who usually don't stay with the same game for long, players of SPWaW are probably mostly a group of faithful and dedicated gamers who know a good thing when they see it, and have been sticking with this game for YEARS. If they consider that the lower price of a mega campaign is better than a more expensive new game, I don't see why they wouldn't buy it.A bit of advertising through "demo" certanly soudn't hurt.

And did you try putting SPWaW on a free CD that comes with some magazines? I'm assuming that you don't have to pay to do this.It took me two hours to download the game on a fast cable modem, the largest download I have ever done. Pity the poor guy with a 56K modem.

While I'm at it, a few more comments. The tutorials are great for someone like me who has played 500 games since the last time I played SP. But the manual is out of date, and after the first two, the tutorials in the manual don't correspond to the scenarios, or it is difficult to see which one corresponds to which. Maybe because the manual is for version 5.0 and the game is up to 7.1? I'm not complaining, after all it's a free game, but it seems to me that at least tutorials in the manual should be kept up to date with the manual, or at least corrected in the readme file.

Anyhoo, keep up the good work guys.

Henri :p
Post #: 1
I agree - 4/29/2002 4:56:20 PM   
AgentRoo

In fact i must've misread something - i thought that i'd read that there was supposed to be a 5-Scenario Mega Campaign Demo included in the game.

As for that on the scenarios, as the game has been developed, there have been various changes made to which weapons occupy which slots. As these changes haven't been carried through to the scenarios, it has resulted in some pretty wild stuff - units mounting guns with no ammo, even an offboard ship bombardment in one of the Normandy Landing Scenarios equipped with 4 pistols!

Hopefully, the scenarios will be sorted out by V8 (hint, hint to scenario designers)

Finally, my 56K modem with an admittedly poor connection took over 24hrs to complete the V6.1 download!

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 2
Re: I agree - 4/29/2002 7:10:14 PM   
Henri

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgentRoo
[B]In fact i must've misread something - i thought that i'd read that there was supposed to be a 5-Scenario Mega Campaign Demo included in the game.
[/B][/QUOTE]
That's another thing: there is no text on the campaign choice screen even briefly describing what each campaign consists of -nothing at all besides the titles. Some are fairly obvious like the long campaign, but some are totally obscure.

For all I know, one of them might be a megacampaign...

Henri

After I wrote this, I found a site that had a description of each campaign in link given by Wild bill (I forgot what it is).

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 3
- 5/3/2002 7:50:27 PM   
Wild Bill

That is a weakness in the game. You don't see the description until you start the campaign, Henri, but you can always bail out after reading the intro.

There are some very good suggestions here. If anyone wants a sample scenario from MC-W, I'll be happy to send it. Just drop me a note.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> SPWaW Megacampaigns suggestion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI