Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Worst Actors Ever

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Worst Actors Ever Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 9:00:07 PM   
morvwilson

I made a comment in another threat, but now realize it really deserves its own thread.
Here are my nominations:
Keanu Reeves
Ben Afleck

Are there worse out there?

http://www.outskirtspress.com/Feud_MichaelWilson

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
Post #: 1
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 9:10:22 PM   
Arsan

They don't get any worse than that 
But maybe Orlando Bloom coudl be also added to the worst three ranking 

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 2
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 9:15:46 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Are you serious? I am no fan of Affleck and Reeves, but... After all they play in the Big League. What about the other leagues: B-movies... Z-movies...? You will find awful actors there

As for directors it has to be Ed Wood (in fact this is official). If you missed Tim Burton's movie Ed Wood, then you are possibly missing the best comedy of the 90s

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Arsan)
Post #: 3
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 9:37:13 PM   
vonRocko

I dislike all of them  They need to have real jobs!
The list would be shorter if you asked for good actors.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 4
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 9:41:54 PM   
GJK

I hear Tom Cruise on the worst actor's list a bit. I don't think that he's a terrible actor per se, but he just plain over acts in most of his roles.

This List will most likely list all the ones that we could come up with and more.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 5
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 9:47:37 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Put my vote for Keanu Reeves. The fact that he made 50m or so for the Matrix trilogy is incomprehensible considering his pantomime horse-level acting ability.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 6
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 10:38:25 PM   
Charles2222

The guy's acting is so imcomprehensibly bad, I don't know his name. That's a true mark of bad acting, but in his case the honor is somewhat dubious in that I cannot pronounce his name if I saw it. Now normally I wouldn't pick on this guy, but he is the main actor in the worst movie of all time. None others even slightly compare. Yes, it's on the pantomime horse level, and he's so bad that only if he were a pantomime horse could he do better. It's so bad it fits into the Power Rangers category as well. Here's a few clues

1. He's turkish or at least the one film I know of is turkish.
2. The film is commonly called Turkish Star Wars. Look that up on youtube, you will wish you had not.

This film is not only something of a Star Wars ripoff, but features many ground-breaking (the word ground-breaking ends up being a major pun here) degrees of awfulness, among the more noteworthy:
1. An actress who appears to a considerable degree, but never seems to utter a single word, nor the hero and his fighter companion to her. I cannot verify for a fact this is so, because one should never watch the entire film in one sitting, sort of like the killer joke, but this one had the killer plot, the killer ripoff special effects, well, it's almost indescribable.
2. Two men, the heroes, train for fighting by pounding their hands into boulders. Not only that, but they strap some smaller boulders to their ankles in order to provide weights for jumping resistance.
3. In case you hadn't figured it, jumping is very important for these guys, as they are seemingly endlessly jumping from one trampoline to the other to attack and fight with (at least it wasn't so lousy as to show the trampolines. You have to take what rays of sunshine you can with this film!).
4. Many Power Rangerish type monsters to kill, who strangely often get beheaded during fighting, as their end.
5. And this is the certainly earth-shattering badness, an all-out first in cinema history, you will see our main hero attack a red Power Ranger monster and rip off not one, but both arms of this monster. But he doesn't stop there. Not only is this monster (man-sized if you hadn't guessed) still standing after that, but hero boy force feeds these arms into the monster's mouth. Now if that isn't worth seeing the movie alone for that, I don't know what is!

Oh somebody help me, I can't stop laughing!!!!! Here is a small sample of the ground-breaking effects with this film. I have seen this clip a hundred times and I still can't stop laughing. This clip doesn't seem to have sound though (probably easier for those unused to really bad acting etc), but I'm sure the sound clip is on youtube somewhere:

edited - No, I was incorrect it does have sound, but not the original movie sound on this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A81rcuDWwPo

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 1/9/2009 11:23:04 PM >

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 7
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 10:47:19 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Call me intrigued. Off to youtube.

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 8
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 10:58:05 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

Charles_22

Thanks Charles_22-a very entertaining clip. It was sort of like watching L. DiCaprio playing H. Hughes.

Post #: 9
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 10:58:59 PM   
Charles2222

If that weren't awful enough, see this little clip of Turkish Superman. This guy is the real thing. He wouldn't duck if you threw a gun at him! The special effects aren't the greatest, but at least his cape blows while flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9oI7Fd3Uec&feature=related

Post #: 10
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 11:08:18 PM   
noxious

Matt Damon cannot be forgotten when you put Reeves and Afleck in the same sentence 

Be Kind. Everyone is fighting a hard battle.

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 11
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 11:09:11 PM   
06 Maestro

Please, no more-those two clips sapped my strength faster than the Turk Superman being force fed Kryptomite.

Post #: 12
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 11:21:10 PM   
Charles2222

Man, I watch that montage again and I get tears coming out of my eyes. Something so funny it brings tears.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 13
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/9/2009 11:52:15 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Oh, since you like these [not intended] parodies, here you have (via youtube) er... the Turkish Rambo:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljlBU6baLiQ

What do you think about the rocket launcher?

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 1/9/2009 11:54:18 PM >

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

Post #: 14
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 12:18:06 AM   
morvwilson

My hat is off to you!

I think that will be verrrrrrrry hard to top (or under cut) as the worst I have seen!

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!

Post #: 15
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 12:23:51 AM   
Canoerebel

Ben Affleck. 

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 16
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 12:49:07 AM   
Gem35

Chuck Norris has to be the worst actor of all time.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 17
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 1:15:11 AM   
Missouri Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

Hehe.....too true. I love Chuck. He's the nicest guy that could knock the snot out of you. But his acting...well, its missing in action.

Don't know his name, but the guy who stared in Twister and Titanic is the absolute worst. The dumb look on his face only makes the moment more horrible. Anyone mention 'The Duke'?

mo reb

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Missouri Rebel -- 1/10/2009 1:20:22 AM >

We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 18
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 1:23:14 AM   
mikul82

My vote goes to Vin Diesel.

He was great in Saving Private Ryan when he got shot, and IMO that should be his own character-acting specialty, and all he's ever allowed to do in a movie. 

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 19
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 1:25:49 AM   
Charles2222

Oh yeah. I happen to be somewhat of an authority on "quality", that's what a friend and I used to call horrible movies and actors. We designed a whole system around it. For example, Turkish Star Wars would be the highest quality movie of all time, where as what we know of the Lucas Star Wars was garbage. We also stated that Lucas stole SW from the turks. the fact that SW came before TSW didn't matter, as we accussed Lucas of stealing a script that was lying around for the turks for SW. The turks, apparently, didn't have good enough distribution to get the movie out, and once Lucas came out with his version, even going as far as to use the same actors, the turks felt the best they could do was re-cast it and make it somewhat different, but obviously a much higher quality. Apparently turkish distributiion is not much better today, as many of us have not heard of this classic which puts SW to shame. You see what I mean about quality meaning something else?

We also developed all sorts of other traits of quality. For example, a black and white was always higher quality (referred to from now on as HQ) than a color production, and a silent always more HQ than a talkie. Actors who hadn't uttered a line were better than Bogart, you get the picture. We also had the system of explaining how the HQ films would never be understood as HQ by the masses, simply because they were too ignorant to recognize true quality when they saw it.

So yeah, we went through our youtube search of all things turkish, not to mention a few indian things as well and saw the Rambo one, but it isn't really as high a quality as TSW, so I didn't mention it. No groundbreaking special effects to be stolen by Lucas. no arms being ripped off and served for din-dins, just nothing to make it truly memorable, though rocket rounds coming off the rocket launcher in a drop pattern, instead of straight, ranks pretty high.

Strange as it is to say, I consider the turkish superman to be higher quality than the 50's superman. I mean the 50's superman being black and white is hard to overcome compared to a color production, but superman ducking for thrown guns gets very high marks in terms of quality. I mean, how can I say the turkish superman is higher quality when he doesn't even duck when a rock is thrown at him? I think I have to re-examine just what quality means when I pick the turks before the 50's one. Well at least the turkish one had outstanding color. If you're going to have color, it ought to look like that. Certainly the turkish one had a higher quality opening logo, though it was in color. I guess the 50's superman having less fuzziness than the turkish film, despite it's being black and white, must be doing it in. Then again, I bet the whole superman idea was stolen from the turks too. No telling how many problems were created by what otherwise would had been a brilliant movie producing nation, had it not been for poor distribution. Bloody hollywood keeps stealing all their ideas.

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 1/10/2009 1:42:13 AM >

Post #: 20
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 2:19:17 AM   
Hertston

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Steven Seagal yet..

Post #: 21
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 3:10:46 AM   
GJK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Steven Seagal yet..

He's on the list that I posted.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 22
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 3:16:54 AM   
hgilmer3

Ben Affleck's best role was Chuckie Sullivan in Good Will Hunting.  It's been all down hill from there.  Reeves always cocks his head to the side as if he is listening like a bird for a non-existent sound.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 23
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 3:47:19 AM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arsan

Gee I wouldn't mind being a second rate actor, AB he would have gross millions for Pirates and LOR trilogies.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Arsan)
Post #: 24
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 3:54:46 AM   
morvwilson

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arsan

Gee I wouldn't mind being a second rate actor, AB he would have gross millions for Pirates and LOR trilogies.

True enough BASB, but that only deepens my disgust.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 25
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 6:01:06 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

Hehe.....too true. I love Chuck. He's the nicest guy that could knock the snot out of you. But his acting...well, its missing in action.

Don't know his name, but the guy who stared in Twister and Titanic is the absolute worst. The dumb look on his face only makes the moment more horrible. Anyone mention 'The Duke'?

mo reb

Hudson ?!? Not Hudson ! He had the best lines in Aliens II ! He was my hero in that movie.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 26
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 7:33:01 AM   
Zap

A good chuckle. If i remember, as a youth, i had a toy bazooka worked just like the one in the turk film. I wish i could have reproduced rockets like him* out of thin air*

Post #: 27
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 8:39:36 AM   
Twotribes

You people wouldn't know good or bad if someone trained you.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 28
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 11:31:14 AM   
Krasny

Let me third Chuck Norris. He makes Ben Affleck look Shakespearian by comparison.

To be fair to Affleck, his movies have been crappy, even without his intervention, and he is a pretty good director.

To be fair to Keanu Reeves, he was good in Bill & Ted.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 29
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/10/2009 3:23:33 PM   
Charles2222

For all the unintiated out there, I have done some research. Yes, the misery of Turkish Star Wars is the subject again. I tried deperately to find the cinema first, and hopefully last, arms being ripped off (not actually ripped as it turns out) and forced fed back to the armless, and now I have it. Understand, whatever I say here may be inaccurate, but having seen much of the film before, I merely skipped around till I found the bit I was looking for. If you click on the user who submitted this, you can see the whole movie, if you dare. One thing I had forgotten about is that virtually every fight scene, and there are tons of them, are accompanied by the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme (and not just the fight scenes either!). If anything ever applied to beating a dead horse, this is it, but you have to watch the other portions of the movie to catch that recurrent theme, as this first in cinema history spot I mentioned, didn't have it. I guess they knew they were beating a dead horse with the theme, and therefore wanting to make sure the greatest fight sequence in cinema history didn't have the theme to scar it. You understand, this of course means that Williams stole the ROTLA theme from the turks as well, but at least Spielberg had the sense not to beat us to death with it. As well, the romantic theme they play, maybe not on this clip, has a very familiar ring to it. I don't know if it's ROTLA or maybe from Superman.

Anyway, the long-awaited portion can now be revealed. It's at 6:00 mark, and remember, you are seeing cinema history here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THb3hRALXd4&feature=channel_page

No, I'm totally sorry. apparently I had bad eyesight when I saw 6:00. It was actually at the 8:00 mark.

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 1/10/2009 7:30:48 PM >

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Worst Actors Ever Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI