Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mission and formation editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Mission and formation editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mission and formation editor - 1/12/2009 5:43:52 AM   
evaamo2

Greetings all, it's been a while since I last played the game and found the time to do so over the weekend.

I have a bunch of questions regarding some "issues" I'm sure some of you have already experienced. They do "look" like bugs. Let me start with just two:

First: Mission Editor.
I tried to set up a coordinated ground attack with CAP (AAW patrol) and jamming support (in separate missions) with the delay function. I tried using both the scenario editor and game engine updated to the latest version (beta 3.9.4.10). The strike mission launched on time but there was no way that a time delay could be set to the AAW patrol.

I then tried to set up an ASuW patrol and this time the delay function worked. So it seems to be a specific AAW issue.

Also, when choosing to "edit mission", if you modify some of the missions and click "ok" button, all your "delay" settings get reset and turn to 0, which is truly annoying since it means each time you changed something you have to go through each mission and re-configure their respective delay time.

Has any of you found a workaround? Is it a documented bug?

Second issue: formation editor.

The game seems to bypass the setting of turning off "formation air patrols" and "formations" in the H3 launcher/configurator. This happens both in the game engine and scenario editor. Also, manually detaching and deselecting each aircraft from the editor is not 100% accurate. Most often than not, there are a/c being launched again to fill these spots. This means that each time a flight is sent back to the airbase, the player is hit with the ready-time "penalty" which some times means wasted time while waiting for the flight to become "READY" again (and hopefully not stuck at 0:00 forever).

Am I doing something wrong?
By the way, hate to say this but all of this works fine in 3.6.

Cheers to everyone and thanks in advance
-E
Post #: 1
Problem - 1/12/2009 6:19:49 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: evaamo2

First: Mission Editor.
I tried to set up a coordinated ground attack with CAP (AAW patrol) and jamming support (in separate missions) with the delay function. I tried using both the scenario editor and game engine updated to the latest version (beta 3.9.4.10). The strike mission launched on time but there was no way that a time delay could be set to the AAW patrol.

I then tried to set up an ASuW patrol and this time the delay function worked. So it seems to be a specific AAW issue.

I am pretty certain that the delay time issue is not specific to AAW missions. It affects all missions and was already reported by DWReese.

quote:

Also, when choosing to "edit mission", if you modify some of the missions and click "ok" button, all your "delay" settings get reset and turn to 0, which is truly annoying since it means each time you changed something you have to go through each mission and re-configure their respective delay time.

Has any of you found a workaround? Is it a documented bug?

This one seems related to:
quote:

Nav Zones re-set by mission editor

Nav Zones are re-set by mission editor every time a mission is edited.

Missions are not supposed to be re-set every time you use the Mission Editor when the patch 3.9.4 is released. All we can do is wait for the release and confirm it ourselves.

quote:

Second issue: formation editor.

The game seems to bypass the setting of turning off "formation air patrols" and "formations" in the H3 launcher/configurator. This happens both in the game engine and scenario editor. Also, manually detaching and deselecting each aircraft from the editor is not 100% accurate. Most often than not, there are a/c being launched again to fill these spots. This means that each time a flight is sent back to the airbase, the player is hit with the ready-time "penalty" which some times means wasted time while waiting for the flight to become "READY" again (and hopefully not stuck at 0:00 forever).

Am I doing something wrong?
By the way, hate to say this but all of this works fine in 3.6.

Unfortunately, I am unable to confirm this problem for you. I have not experienced the GE in SP forming patrols on its own if the game setting starts OFF. This has happened to me in MP even though the setting is off, but not in SP.

I think that once you start a scenario with the Auto-Formation Patrol setting ON and then try to turn it OFF, it is a real mess and does not always work, IMO. This is probably what you are experiencing.

AFAIK, the Auto-Formation Patrols should be forming up on their own in the ScenEditor because the AI is in control of every side. I am pretty certain that this is the correct behaviour for the SE.

(in reply to evaamo2)
Post #: 2
RE: Mission and formation editor - 1/12/2009 7:18:40 PM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

Howdy E,

quote:

The mission delay time is relative to the original scenario start time. So if you or anyone else has ran the scenario clock then it will subtract the elapsed time from the delay. You can reset the elapsed time by editing the scenario duration in Edit->Scenario Duration.

Further, if a mission has already begun, you cannot set a delay. It will simply ignore your settings.

I'd say the issue here is that the game engine does not alert you that your input has been change or ignored for whatever reason.

quote:

This issue has been really annoying for me and several others as the game engine will commandeer your craft. I believe you can degroup the formation and regroupt them but then you lose other setup you want to keep. This is currently my top priority for fixing any issue with setting an option and the setting not being effective. Further, I may add a Yes/No prompt on scenario load if auto formation is on because it almost warrants a scenario restart.

I'll reply here later with news of any changes.

Thanks for the feedback,

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to evaamo2)
Post #: 3
RE: Mission and formation editor - 1/14/2009 12:23:01 AM   
evaamo2

hey there Russell and Herman, thank you both for replying.

Just to be on the same page here Russell... quick question: Game's on pause. I'm creating a new mission, type is Patrol AAW and it's set for two reference points.  I set a delay of 2 hours in the initial mission creation screen. Then it takes me to the "edit mission screen" and I see the respective D beside my mission name, with the proper setting of 2 hour delay. I click ok. Everything's dandy so far. Now I go back to the edit mission screen to monitor the time remaining on my other missions, and turns out that ALL of my previously created missions (non-started missions, remember the game's on pause) have lost both their respective Ds beside their names and their time delay settings (including the newly created Patrol AAW mission). Then I must reset every mission to their respective times, otherwise they start to launch immediately. Is this the same behavior you're getting Russell? If it is, will it be fixed in the upcoming update? (I'm tempted of asking when that will be...!!)

thanks in advance for the help!
-E

(in reply to rsharp@advancedgamin)
Post #: 4
RE: Mission and formation editor - 1/14/2009 12:33:19 AM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

No, I cannot reproduce that behavior. Can you send the scenario saved before you go to edit the missions a second time? I believe you have my e-mail but I'll PM it if you don't.

Thanks!

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to evaamo2)
Post #: 5
Problem - 1/14/2009 7:23:53 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

Just to be on the same page here Russell... quick question: Game's on pause. I'm creating a new mission, type is Patrol AAW and it's set for two reference points. I set a delay of 2 hours in the initial mission creation screen. Then it takes me to the "edit mission screen" and I see the respective D beside my mission name, with the proper setting of 2 hour delay. I click ok. Everything's dandy so far. Now I go back to the edit mission screen to monitor the time remaining on my other missions, and turns out that ALL of my previously created missions (non-started missions, remember the game's on pause) have lost both their respective Ds beside their names and their time delay settings (including the newly created Patrol AAW mission). Then I must reset every mission to their respective times, otherwise they start to launch immediately. Is this the same behavior you're getting Russell? If it is, will it be fixed in the upcoming update? (I'm tempted of asking when that will be...!!)

I, too, tried to replicate it with the GE as soon as you reported it. I have since done the same thing with your aforementioned procedure and am still unable to reproduce your problematic results.

What game settings are you operating under? I know that a bug was reported when the Auto-Formation Patrol function is enabled. Are you running your test-in-question with this setting ON?

quote:

Ready times go wild when AI Formation Air Patrols activated

Ready times go wild when AI Formation Air Patrols activated. This does not appear when the AI option is not enabled.

P.s. Thanks for mentioning the problem, at least. I just found another bug while trying to replicate yours. (Pretty typical ANW occurrence )

(in reply to evaamo2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Mission and formation editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI