Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Digital River

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Digital River Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Digital River - 1/5/2009 11:14:38 PM   
Eastern

I am advicing Matrix to search another distributing company for Europe because this company is nothing for the honest costumer, you even can't complain or hold their billing whenever something is wrong and believe me most of the time its wrong whatever they do. More then an automated answer you'll never have, no good if you ask me !!
Please some reactions folks, so Matrix can see what a mess this is for their European market
Post #: 1
RE: Digital River - 1/5/2009 11:27:05 PM   
Lützow

I second this.

Still waiting for a game which I ordered and payed more than two month ago. Seems the Pony Express got ambushed underway or something from outer space ate the shipment.

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 2
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 12:08:25 AM   
Erik Rutins

Eastern,

I've replied to you three times by e-mail since Christmas. Are my e-mails not reaching you? I just sent another one.

Lutzow,

We manually changed the address on your original order, which I confirmed was shipped out. We then shipped a second free order when that didn't arrive to the same address you sent us. I can confirm that was sent out. Are you saying neither one arrived? The odds of both going missing seem incredibly small. Is someone stealing your mail or did you give us the wrong address?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 3
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 12:42:57 AM   
Lützow

Erik,

I'm feeling funny meanwhile for stressing this again, but can you please track the last shipment ? The correct house number should be '49', according to the emails I sent you and nobody steals my mail, as UPS is delivering to my door. In addition DR could simply check my usual shipping address. I purchased like 6 or 7 games last year, some as digital download and others as physical copy.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 2:13:35 AM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, I'll track it tomorrow. I made sure the second one was sent with trackable shipping (instead of postal service) after the first one didn't arrive.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 5
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 7:13:24 AM   
Kuokkanen

I have some gripe against Digital River too. I had ordered Starshatter 4 (physical shipment) several years ago, payment by wire transfer (or giro), I got bill with TWO DIFFERENT REFERENCE NUMBERS, and I didn't get prompt answer which number to use. That sucked! But Marc was very eager to help out, and I eventually got the game, over month after ordering it.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Post #: 6
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 12:53:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

I won't pretend that DR is perfect (far from it) but we do try to fix any problems they cause very quickly, so usually our support alleviates any mistakes they might make. Even with that said, in terms of the actual percentages something like 99% of orders go through problem free from start to finish.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 7
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 1:31:49 PM   
JudgeDredd

Touch wood, I've never had a problem with Digital River, for physical shipments or DDs

Post #: 8
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 3:12:17 PM   
PnHobbit

I've never had an issue with them through 3 separate orders.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 9
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 4:37:30 PM   
PunkReaper

so far so good with me as well.

(in reply to PnHobbit)
Post #: 10
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 5:35:09 PM   
Eastern

I really think that DR has all the luck that Erik Rutins from Matrix has the knowledge to handle things the right way, I advice him to do the European distributing himself, there wouldn't be a single problem. I don't know what those guys (DR) are doing all day and they better answer their mails instead off throwing in an automated answer every time, what kind off slappy bussiness is this ?
Thanks for concerning the European market Erik , there are many strategy/war games players who love the Matrix games and search for more off this, but it isn't easy this way, and Matrix doesn't visit good old Europe much.

Post #: 11
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 6:46:15 PM   
Widell

No issues from my side either. Both physical and downloads work like a charm.

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 12
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 7:16:23 PM   
Grell

I always thought DR was fabulous, I would never have thought people are having problems, I feel for you.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 13
RE: Digital River - 1/6/2009 7:44:21 PM   
2ndACR

9 games and never had a single issue with download and physical. Always recieved within 2 weeks or less. But I am US, so guess that does not count.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 14
RE: Digital River - 1/7/2009 2:17:21 PM   
Eastern

Ok fellow gamers, in the answers you gave me so far I see only the old mainland of Europe has troubles. Is Digital River divided in regions ?? Is there a weak part of the chain ?? I am from Belgium, I saw problems in Germany and further inland , from where came are deliveries ?? Uk and Canada no problems ??

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 15
RE: Digital River - 1/7/2009 3:50:07 PM   
Marc von Martial

All DR orders that go through the EU storefront are shipped from the same warehouse in the UK.

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 16
RE: Digital River - 1/12/2009 10:21:48 AM   
Lützow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Ok, I'll track it tomorrow. I made sure the second one was sent with trackable shipping (instead of postal service) after the first one didn't arrive.

Are there any results from tracking as yet ?

Post #: 17
RE: Digital River - 1/12/2009 3:38:40 PM   
Eastern

My long awaited game came through at last before the weekend !! With a courier service !! Not thanks to Digital but to Erik Rutins I am sure !! With my regards Erik !!

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 18
RE: Digital River - 1/12/2009 5:47:53 PM   
Mark71

I ordered CC WaR (digital + box) a couple of months back and it was not delivered. I contacted support (available at the top of the page) and a new copy was shipped and this time delivered without further ado (through UPS with tracking). Compliments on the great customer service! 

the poster formerly known as Murky71

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 19
RE: Digital River - 1/12/2009 6:45:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow
Are there any results from tracking as yet ?

Yes, sorry. The second copy was in fact shipped to your old address (DR's mistake). A third copy went out next week to the correct new address (where the first one went too). It's being tracked, let me know when it arrives please. It should be there this week.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 20
RE: Digital River - 1/13/2009 7:11:01 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eastern
I don't know what those guys (DR) are doing all day and they better answer their mails instead off throwing in an automated answer every time, what kind off slappy bussiness is this ?

DR "handles" the (digital) distribution for a lot of companies, Matrix is just a minor customer for them. The real problem is that DR has sort off a monopoly on this after having bought-up most of the competition so Matrix is out of options too.

quote:

Thanks for concerning the European market Erik , there are many strategy/war games players who love the Matrix games and search for more off this, but it isn't easy this way, and Matrix doesn't visit good old Europe much.

They've been at the Crisis wargame convention in Antwerp every year for the past 5 years - close enough ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 21
RE: Digital River - 1/14/2009 6:00:06 PM   
Eastern

Hi neighbour, I remember a couple of years ago Matrix visited Antwerp, but every year ??
I don't recall they have visited last year or the year before ?? I visited the Crisis WC before but I couldn't the year that Matrix was anounced (shame on me), by the way , what 's the date for this year for the excellent convention ?? grtz Eastern

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 22
RE: Digital River - 1/14/2009 6:49:47 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

Hi neighbour, I remember a couple of years ago Matrix visited Antwerp, but every year ??
I don't recall they have visited last year or the year before ??

Yup - every year for the past 5 years - we've got a rather good spot as well - from the main entrance, down the stairs to the left, first booth on the right

quote:

I visited the Crisis WC before but I couldn't the year that Matrix was anounced (shame on me), by the way , what 's the date for this year for the excellent convention ?? grtz Eastern

Early November most likely. See you then.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 23
RE: Digital River - 1/14/2009 9:21:46 PM   
Eastern

Ooops , they did it again !!!! Thanks Digital or who was it !! I was so pleased to got my game at last (World War One)
Today I wanted to install it, suddenly it asked to insert the second cd , I had only ONE !!!
Do they check their boxes before shipping ?? And now ?? Wait another 2 months ??

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 24
RE: Digital River - 1/14/2009 11:04:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

Unbelievable. I've just e-mailed them, but won't get a reply on this until tomorrow. Please e-mail me with any further updates.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 25
RE: Digital River - 1/15/2009 2:46:10 AM   
Marauders

Does Digital River do the physical shipments?

Two games came with broken disc cases that caused scratched floater discs.

I guess I can partially blame the postal system for that, but some better protection may help.

Post #: 26
RE: Digital River - 1/15/2009 3:05:00 AM   
daz1333

hello all. I totally agree with the sentiment of this discussion. These people are an absolute disgrace. I have had multiple problems trying to download a game I purchased. I've had nothing but the same response over and over again. None of these responses has assisted me in downloading the game despite my continued feedback. In addition to this, they outright refuse to offer a refund or even provide a hard copy. They also have this stupid policy of disallowing any further attempts to download after 30 days, which means that I am now unable to continue to try and solve the problem. So basically beware; these people will defraud you of your money.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 27
RE: Digital River - 1/15/2009 5:01:55 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders
Does Digital River do the physical shipments?
Two games came with broken disc cases that caused scratched floater discs.
I guess I can partially blame the postal system for that, but some better protection may help.

Yes, they do the physical shipments as well. Send me your order info, I'll see what I can do.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 28
RE: Digital River - 1/15/2009 5:06:13 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: daz1333
hello all. I totally agree with the sentiment of this discussion. These people are an absolute disgrace. I have had multiple problems trying to download a game I purchased. I've had nothing but the same response over and over again. None of these responses has assisted me in downloading the game despite my continued feedback.

Have you tried contacting us at our Help Desk? Please note that DR support and our support are not the same. I can assure you that there are a lot of folks successfully downloading their purchases right now, so I'm sure we can figure out what's causing the problem in your case and get you around it.

quote:

In addition to this, they outright refuse to offer a refund or even provide a hard copy.

All sales are final is the stated policy, unless we can't get the game to work on your system. Unfortunately, it's a limitation of the online store that we can't "upgrade" an existing order to add a physical copy. Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com, I'm sure we can get your download to succeed.

quote:

They also have this stupid policy of disallowing any further attempts to download after 30 days, which means that I am now unable to continue to try and solve the problem. So basically beware; these people will defraud you of your money.

That's not true actually, all our customers by default can re-download up to a year after the purchase and longer if you get the download insurance. As I said above, there's no reason you should not be able to get the game you purchase, please contact me directly.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to daz1333)
Post #: 29
RE: Digital River - 1/15/2009 5:19:11 AM   
V22 Osprey

nevermind

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Digital River Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI