Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 5/3/2002 2:51:32 AM   
David Heath

All I can say is keep trying them because this is the best its going to get. There is no way we can afford the bandwidth for the full game.

David

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 31
- 5/3/2002 3:11:15 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]All I can say is keep trying them because this is the best its going to get. There is no way we can afford the bandwidth for the full game.

David [/B][/QUOTE]

How about submitting it to Cnet or Ziff-Davis?

What, me worry?

Post #: 32
GamesDomain Links - 5/3/2002 8:14:31 AM   
EchelonOne

Well you can forget about using a download manager, or at least Gozilla. I deleted Gozilla from my computer and was able to connect with the first US download link. It would have been kind of nice to be able to resume this download if I get disconnected, but I guess I'll have to pray I don't. I still think alternate download sources are needed.

Post #: 33
flying atm WOOT! - 5/3/2002 11:42:03 PM   
Mumdaan

Someone musta came up with some bandwidth )

D/L'ing the full right now from the first US link.. (think it's ftp.gamesdomain.com) at 142KBs

Bellsouth DSL from pigeon forge tn. GO VOLS!

Post #: 34
- 5/5/2002 11:18:45 PM   
BruceAZ

Hi Dave.

Thanks.

Bruce
Semper Fi

Post #: 35
- 5/6/2002 2:01:08 AM   
Bing

I got slightly better results at 3 PM EDST - the first US link gave me in the neighborhood of 110 speed, which would be about 1 hr 15 minutes for the entire 420 megs. The other links did not respond, but having one in reasonably good condition is better than what I got before.

David is giving good advice: Keep trying the link of your choice, at least the US link does respond. How this will work with a slower dialup service I don't know - will admit to now being spoiled rotten with cable IP. But I remember the days of seven and eight hour downloads, indeed I do.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 36
- 5/6/2002 3:04:14 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]I got slightly better results at 3 PM EDST - the first US link gave me in the neighborhood of 110 speed, which would be about 1 hr 15 minutes for the entire 420 megs. The other links did not respond, but having one in reasonably good condition is better than what I got before.

David is giving good advice: Keep trying the link of your choice, at least the US link does respond. How this will work with a slower dialup service I don't know - will admit to now being spoiled rotten with cable IP. But I remember the days of seven and eight hour downloads, indeed I do.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

Only 7-8 hour? :)

I remember downloading IE4 with a 14.4 modem and no d/l manager. Took the 'puter to work after hours on a Friday, hooked it up, started the d/l. Went back Monday afternoon (3 day weekend) and it was just finishing up.

What, me worry?

Post #: 37
- 5/6/2002 3:20:08 AM   
Bing

I would not have the patience, Bern. My theory is that any app that requires more than a few hours to download is not worth the bother. I figure I lived without it before, I can live wiithout it from here on.

I sort of got into that mode compliments of AT&T who charged us by the minute way back when - I was on and off for mail, a gliimpse or two at a website and that was that. When unlimited usage came in, it helped but I've never gotten over the bias - two or three hours, sure. Four or five hours, it had better be the greatest thing since sliced bread or canned beer. Over five hours - what for?

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI