Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

this game sucks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> this game sucks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
this game sucks - 12/16/2008 7:48:03 AM   
cliffy58

how can u guys say this game is good!!! i can't seem to get off the ground the gaming manual is so confusing i cn't follow it along with the game. i can't generate any economy like i can in gal. civ.2 or sins of a solar empire. wish i had my money back..lol
Post #: 1
RE: this game sucks - 1/3/2009 9:10:33 PM   
oi

Dear Cliffy58,
    I am sorry that your introduction to the game has started out so poorly.  Clearly, the manual focuses on the "story" of the game, rather on the nuts and bolts of how to fly the starship.  I also had to encounter a learning curve, first just to get started, and then a second time, to learn how to effectively fight with the starships.  Put your attention on the menus to the right of center on the bottom of the screen.  These are all you need to use.  FOCUS - selects either your home base or starship (until you build more of either).  BUILD - installs equipment in your home base or starship.  Click FOCUS, select starship, then click BUILD and select an extra computer.  You will see your starship move to spacedock and a little hammer will appear over it.  After sufficent time has passed, it will be installed.  TRAIN - adds skilled crew to either your home base or starship.  Go easy on this button, as maintaining a trained crew is expensive.  A good start is to add a few trained engineers to Sol-1 and you can see how much faster space dock builds or repairs your starship.  You can operate your ships without a trained crew if cash is critical.  MAP - is simply "zoom in" or "zoom out" of where-ever your FOCUS has selected.  Once your ship is out of space dock, you will be prompted for a mission.  Simply click on FOCUS, select your starship, click on MAP to zoom out into space, and click on a target starsystem.  Your ship will automatically head for that destination.  Then zoom back in on your starship to follow the action.  Like in any computer game, you start out with a bare cupboard, and the computer is already building up an empire.  Focus on rapid exploration of nearby starsystems, establishing freighter routes, and save enough cash to build an early second base capable of supporting more freighter routes.  Only after establishing a thriving economy can you afford additional starships and fancy weapons.
    oi

(in reply to cliffy58)
Post #: 2
RE: this game sucks - 1/18/2009 4:21:27 AM   
Mangudai

This game has awesome replayability. I understand that the controls are difficult to learn. Just keep trying, there is not much you can screw up by doing it wrong. Once you get the hang of it, the control interface is really pretty good you can do everything quickly.

(in reply to oi)
Post #: 3
RE: this game sucks - 1/25/2009 2:00:18 AM   
sabre1

Yep, I'm having trouble figuring out how to add stuff to my ship.  I can't tell which way stuff is going, from top to bottom or bottom to top.

I think there is a good game in here, and a lot to it.  I mean shoot if Erik says it's good it's just gotta be good don't it...

I'm also trying to figure out what the heck I should be researchin, but I am doing a lot of searchin...

Me thinks maybe I be gettin a little old for these dag nabbit games, and all the buttons...

Now where was I, oh yeah back to AT or Grymme is going to hunt me down...

(in reply to Mangudai)
Post #: 4
RE: this game sucks - 1/25/2009 2:24:51 PM   
Terminus

He makes a negative post about the game, saying he wishes he had his money back, and ends with an "lol". Brain-dead net nerd.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to cliffy58)
Post #: 5
RE: this game sucks - 1/25/2009 4:18:08 PM   
sabre1

"how can u guys say this game is good!!! i can't seem to get off the ground the gaming manual is so confusing i cn't follow it along with the game. i can't generate any economy like i can in gal. civ.2 or sins of a solar empire. wish i had my money back..lol "

I think there is an oxymoron in their somewhere on his post Terminus...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> this game sucks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI