Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steelpanthers Site Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steelpanthers Site Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steelpanthers Site Update - 5/6/2002 3:22:57 AM   
Neil Stalker

The Steelpanthers site on Military Gamer Online has been updated. There are 4 new scenarios by the Raiders team. The scenarios range from Special Operations in Norway, rescuing Bomber crews from the Gestapo, full on mechanized warfare and fighting in the jungles of New Guinea.

[URL=http://www.militarygameronline.com/steelpanthers/]Steelpanthers[/URL]
Post #: 1
- 5/6/2002 10:39:35 AM   
Bing

Neil - I've been trying the site since you posted your message. I get the scenario page, then when I try to click on any of the game links I get an error. Makes no difference which game by which publisher - they all come up errors.

I don't think it is just me - anyone else having the same problem?
BTW, I deleted the old "Favorite" link and zapped the cookie .dat file, so I don't think that is the problem. Could be, just don't think it is - I tried the network links thing, too, no luck.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Neil Stalker)
Post #: 2
Links - 5/6/2002 5:25:29 PM   
jackssn

I just tried the links my self with the same results. They appear to be dead.

Post #: 3
- 5/6/2002 5:46:15 PM   
Resisti

Everything works fine with me, instead.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

Post #: 4
Links - 5/6/2002 6:08:32 PM   
jackssn

I just tried again. What am I doing wrong?

Post #: 5
Re: Links - 5/6/2002 10:10:06 PM   
Henri

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jackssn
[B]I just tried again. What am I doing wrong? [/B][/QUOTE]

From my experience, this is usually due to Netscape. Try using Explorer. The web commands are slightly different.

henri

Post #: 6
Re: Re: Links - 5/6/2002 11:15:58 PM   
Bing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Henri
[B]

From my experience, this is usually due to Netscape. Try using Explorer. The web commands are slightly different.

henri [/B][/QUOTE]

Not from here. Am running Win98SE in a plain vanilla configuration with IE 5.5 and get nothing but error pages.

Per above, in the off chance the former URL was doing this I deleted it and in addition deleted the Cookie.dat file, which rebuilds itself upon reboot (sometimes a bad cookie can block access). Nothing doing.

In the off chance that Cookie Pal - a manager - was the culprit, I disabled it and changed the security setting to allow ALL cookies. Same results: Once I click on a game link to access scenarios, all I get is an error page.

While it doesn't make me feel any better, at least I am not alone.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

Post #: 7
- 5/7/2002 2:48:41 AM   
Neil Stalker

Bing I have noticed at times if the ftp server is busy then you will get an error message. I had it happen to me a couple of times.
I will email the scenarios to you if you like.

Post #: 8
- 5/7/2002 3:18:18 AM   
Bing

That's OK, Neil. I have plenty to do right now what with road testing 7.1 + new OOB's with Bill's U2R - and stomping on mouse droppings. After a considerable period of satisfactory scrolling, my Intellimouse decided it was going to run from the bottom to the top of the page and back again, five or six times in very rapid sequence. I got it fixed via Logitech Mouseware - Intellipoint software doesn't fix the problem with an Intellimouse. Go figure.

Per Cool Hand Luke, what we have heah is a fail-uh to kah-minnie-cate. The path from here to the Matrix server is never an easy one and that is almost certainly the problem. I'm going to try at regular intervals until tomorrow about this time. If I still can't get through - 2 or 3 AM is no guarantee because of overseas users - I'll holler. The scen's sound verrrry interesting.

Thanks for the offer, I'll do my duty and try not to whine too loudly until it is suitable.

Bing

Post #: 9
- 5/7/2002 7:54:46 AM   
Bing

I don't really think all of the trouble is just me and my browser and/or cable IP. I just downloaded two scenarios from "THIS ISSUE - Red Hot Scenarios!" - that link worked perfectly. Any of the other links, however, are not working. Now, if the above works, why don't the others? I have no idea quite frankly, but as said don't think it is me.

Are "New Kind ..." and "Race ..." and the third scen from Red Hots part of the additions recently made, or all of them?

Bing

Post #: 10
- 5/8/2002 6:07:12 AM   
Bing

Last 24 hours: Checked the link per above about every hour, except for a little sleep time. Same result: OK to main page and to the depot page, then clicking on the various games links for scenarios produces error page, for all the choices. If I need some sort of DNS setting or something to put in the Hosts file let me know. It just don't work.

Got another link maybe?

Bing

Post #: 11
Scenario archive host - 5/8/2002 5:05:04 PM   
Seagull

All of the scenario archive links are to a host named depot.militarygameronline.com, which doesn't exist according to my nameserver:(

The scenarios that can be reached from the hot list are on ftp.militarygameronline.com.

Looks like an error in the scenario archive web page to me...

Post #: 12
FTP site - 5/8/2002 5:13:32 PM   
Seagull

It looks as though older scenarios can be found at ftp://ftp.militarygameronline.com/pub/Steelpanthers/scenarios/SPWAW
I don't see any description files, so you'll only have the name of the ZIP file to go on.
Hope this is helpful.

Post #: 13
- 5/8/2002 9:10:57 PM   
Bing

Too many users at 10 AM EDST. Will try again - the direct link to the Depot from Military Gamer produces the same lack of results. Thanks for the tip - is anyone else having problems or is everyone deleriously happy?

Bing

Post #: 14
- 5/8/2002 11:23:47 PM   
Bing

Currently working, at noon EDST. The user ought to be able to identify the files already in their Scen directory, the lack of description is minor compared to actually being able to access the files.

Thanks for the tip,

Bing

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steelpanthers Site Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI