Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/28/2009 12:39:41 AM   
BrianSchick

I would be delighted to help test your game.  I can give you 4-6 hours + on my older machine (dorm), and 4 hours on my better machine (home).  I have been waiting a long time to get a computer version of the latest WiF, and would very much like to do anything to help.

-- Brian Schick

1.)  I tested the old cWiF and got my name in the list of playtesters.  I think that was for an early TRNS bug.

2.) Grognard. 
Been playing since the original, and have many copies of the Aug 7, 2004 RAW.  Face-to-face play once per 2 mo.; one DoDIII / WiF solitaire paper campaign; two current cWiF full campaigns on my machines.  Half-dozen incomplete abandoned cwif full campaigns on both machines. ( - Some kind of memory leak error at production keeps killing them. )

3.) A lot. 
Followed the cWiF open beta until yanked.  Got credited as cWiF beta tester.  Purchased the cWiF from ADG last year.  Managed to get one cWiF full campaign around the memory leak bug by closing the global window, but can't reproduce it on my other machine. 

4.) Two machines: (from dxdiag.exe)
i.) (dorm) 2.8 GHz Pentium4;  256 MB RAM; Win98SE; 1600x1200 True Color (32 bit)
ii.) (home) 2.9? GHz Intel?; 1 GB RAM; WinVistaHomePremium; 1280x1024?

?'s show uncertainty with the home machine.  I'll check it this weekend and post the specifics.  The home machine was purchased just about a year ago, as a simple Vista home computer - not a gaming computer.  It still runs cWiF.  I need to buy a new gaming machine for my schooling, but have been putting off the purchase due to the 32 bit to 64 bit CPU change.  I thought I'd wait to let more 64 bit applications hit the market before investing.

(in reply to Morval_slith)
Post #: 61
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/28/2009 5:16:56 PM   
powell30

Hi

Worked for softwarehouse on support desk (fixing issues)

No previous experience of either the game (but it looks great) or the cardboard version

Comp spec

2ghz
4gb ram
nvidia 9600 gt
Windows vista home premium

fingers crossed

Dave

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 62
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/28/2009 11:20:42 PM   
mikel

If you are looking for a WIF newbie with beta testing experience, I'd be happy to join. I'm retired so time is not an issue.

1. Hearts of Iron 2 beta tester
2. Newbie
3. No CWIF experience
4. Specs - 2 machines
Desktop: AMD 1.8 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, XP x64, 1680 x 1050 max
Laptop: Intel dual core 1.66 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, XP Pro, 1440 x 900 internal max

Mike

Post #: 63
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/29/2009 2:57:50 PM   
olioli

Hi Steve,

I would still like to join the beta-testing-team.

1. Any previous experience in testing software.
Tried without success but work in IT development and familliar with test process.

2. Your experience of cardboard and paper World in Flames (we strive for equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
b. played a lot a long time ago

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames).
a. None

4. Your PC specification. (just the basics):
a. CPU speed: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T2400 1.83GHz
b. RAM : 2 GB RAM
c. Operating system: XP SP2
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s) 1600*1200 and 1280 x 800

Regards
Olivier

(in reply to mikel)
Post #: 64
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/30/2009 8:36:47 AM   
MichaelMVB

1. I have no previous experience testing software.

2. d. I have extensive WiFFE experience having started playing WiF with 3rd edition in the mid 1980s. I have played with probably close to 100 different players over the past 20+ years including Harry himself - twice. I have attended over 10+ WiFCons including 4 here on the West Coast. I know the rules quite well. I am currently playing a CyberBoard America in Flames game.

3. b. I have limited experience with CWiF. I have seen it and played with it some, but never came close to finishing a game. When CyberBoard came out, I was thrilled to start playing WiF on the computer and have played several games with it.

4. I own 2 Apple computers (desktop and laptop) running Windows XP with Bootcamp. Laptop has an Intel Core 2 Duo with 2.00 GHz with 1 GB of RAM. Running Laptop at 1280 x 800 resolution. Desktop is much bigger and faster and running XP. I will probably use the laptop more, but utilize both because of the desktops 23 inch monitor.

I can devote 10-15 hours per week. I own my own business, but things are really slow right now.

Michael Burke
MichaelMVB@yahoo.com

Post #: 65
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/30/2009 10:13:49 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

2. Your experience of cardboard and paper World in Flames (we strive for equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
a. Newbie - Never played WiF but it looks great
b. Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago)
c. Average - Currently playing WiF on a regular basis
d. Grognard - Rules guru

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames).
a. None
b. Some
c. A lot

a. CPU speed
b. RAM
c. Operating system
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s)

If you are not sure how to find the specifications of your computer, then please ask.
-----------------
Thanks!

Steve

1. I tested CWIF

2. Grognard

3. A lot

a. Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz
b. 3.0 GB RAM
c. Windows Vista Home Premium
d. 1680 x 1050

-Orm

Post #: 66
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/31/2009 9:44:20 AM   
Tonqeen

Greetings, I would like to sign up as a betatester.

Was betatester for dark age of camelot.

2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
b. Recruit - Played it three times during the years 93-95, think it was 5th or 6th edition.

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames.
a. None

a. DualCore 3 Ghz
b. 4Gb
c. Vista ultimate 
d. 1600*1200

Can test 3-5 hours most evenings.

/Regards Tony

< Message edited by Tonqeen -- 1/31/2009 10:10:50 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 67
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 1/31/2009 12:35:39 PM   
Autobahn

I would like to participate in the MWiF beta. I am a long time WiF fan and was at the Grognard level from 1985 to about 1995, since then life has intervened and my core group of gaming friends went to the four winds, but I have played once or twice over the last 15 years.

So my stats would be:

1) Very experienced beta tester. I worked for 360 Pacific and in the 1980's and beta tested most of their games, including Harpoon. Since then I have been a beta tester on a large list of games ranging from turn based, RTS, FPS, to MMORPG. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I have an uncanny ability to break the software I am using.

2) As mentioned above I thoroughly enjoyed paper Wif and look forward to this version, beta tester or not. My experience with the game starts with the initial release and stops shortly Mech in Flames and I played many, many, many games of it. Including an infamous German "Wine Cooler Offensive" against the Russian's in '40 (too many drinks and not enough Russian's in Europe... then the weather turns on the first die role!!!).

3) Strangely enough I have no experience with CWiF. Since it's release I have been busy with kids and work, but both are at a more manageable level now.

4) Computer Spec: You guys can decide what you want me to test it on. My current incomplete list of networked machines in the home is:

3 Celerons running from 1.6 - 2.2 GHz
each has 1 G ram
2 running W2K one running XP Pro
Monitors range from 1600x1200 - 1920x1200

1 - P5 at 3.2 GHz
2 gig ram
Vista Home basic
1920x1200

1 - Duel core HP HDX laptop (my primary computer because of travel) at 2.4GHz
4 gig ram
dual boots XP Pro x32 (installed myself and had to hack drivers) and Vista Ultimate x64 (it came with the laptop I didn't buy it that way)
1680x1050 native (widescreen laptop) but often extend it to a dual monitor setup with a 1280x1024 projector or a spare external monitor up to 1600x1200

1 - Q6600 overclocked to 3.1 GHz
4 gig ram
Vista Home Premium
1920x1080

I have been known to go from computer to computer to computer to see if I can recreate the same problem I am having. I keep telling myself I am going to finally put together a 4 monitor setup and with what I have been reading on the boards here, I might just need to do that for MWiF.

If you choose me for the beta or not I just want to thank you for the years of effort that have gone into this. I am eagerly waiting for the game and hope that you are able to breathe a sigh of relief once it goes golden.

-Glen

Post #: 68
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/1/2009 12:06:49 AM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

We are not accepting any more applicants at this time.

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

Post #: 69
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/1/2009 1:27:03 AM   
eliliang

1. I've been a software development manager off and on over the past 20 years, including for major projects involving hundreds of thousands of lines of code. I know how to test software. I am meticulous about my testing, so I tend to generate dozens of bug reports.
2. Newbie / Grognard. Never played WiF, but admired it from a distance. I have extensive experience with cardboard and paper wargames however, including such mega-games as ASL. I am definitely a rule lawyer. My first wargame was Vietnam 1965-1975 from Victory Games. I did so much rule lawyering with Victory Games question postcards that the game designers got really pissed off at me!
3. Some.
4. Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz; 4GB RAM; Vista x64; 1280x800 display.

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 70
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/1/2009 1:33:21 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

quote:

We are not accepting any more applicants at this time.

That is an old post Michael.

We are acceppting applicants through Sunday (February 1, 2009).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 71
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/1/2009 2:53:04 AM   
texmich

I have experience programming and trobleshooting software in the past.

2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team) 
Average - Currently playing WiF on a regular basis 

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames. 
None 

a. CPU speed quad core 2.2 ghz
b. RAM 6gb
c. Operating system vista home premium
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor 1024x768

If you are not sure how to find the specifications of your computer, then please ask.
-----------------

Post #: 72
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/1/2009 10:01:11 AM   
Xenocide

1. Have experience in building and testing software (though not gaming software)

2. B. Played a few times in the past but have kept up with the rules.

3. None

a. dual-core 2.4GHx
b. 4GB
c. Vista x32 home
d. 1920x1200

(in reply to texmich)
Post #: 73
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/2/2009 4:35:10 AM   
Rysyonok

1. CWiF when Chris Marinacci was working on it.

2. B

3. B

4. a. 2.2GHz. b. 1GB c. Win Vista 32-bit d. 1440x900

Post #: 74
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/2/2009 7:20:42 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

We are not accepting any more applicants at this time (February 2, 2009).

---
I thank all of you who asked to be beta testers. We had twice as many applicants as there are slots to be filled.

---
I will be sending Personal Messages (PMs) via this forum to the applicants we have chosen (12). If some of them have changed their minds, then I will augment the group until I get 12 who say yes. Once I have 12 confirmed acceptances, I'll post the list of the people we accepted in this thread.

Steve

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 75
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/2/2009 11:55:47 PM   
MajorDude

quote:

[Acknowledgment: I copied most of this from a similar post that Greyshaft prepared last August.]

I am looking to bring the number of active beta testers back up to 30. Though I am still talking to some of the current beta testers, I estimate that I will want to add 9 new people.

If you are interested, then you should read the rest of this post and, if are then still interested, simply post your reply to this thread.

I will leave this solicitation open for a week (through to June 5th) and then evaluate everyone that has posted a reply.
-----------------
Before you reply to this post please consider the following:

Software testing is quite different to simply ‘playing’ the game. The focus of testing is not in playing the game, but in working as a team to help produce a great product. Neither internet play or PBEM are working yet, so if you are just looking for the chance to play the game against other people, then it may be better to wait for a later recruitment drive.

Software testing takes time. Four to six hours a week (preferably across 2-3 sessions) is a reasonable estimate of the time required for a tester to stay in the loop on what’s happening and to give the software a good workout. If you are hoping to squeeze in just an hour of testing each week on a Sunday night somewhere between dinnertime and watching the news, then you may find it a challenge to pick up the concepts of the game, download the latest patches, read & contribute to the testing Forum and play through the game looking for bugs.

Software testing takes patience. Testers are expected to respond to reasonable requests from the developer (that's me) to provide information about any problems they find. Sometimes that means running through the same boring ten minute long sequence of events half a dozen times and documenting the results so that you can help the developer reproduce the problem on his own computer.

If you have the time and energy to help then please reply to this post, giving the following information:

d. Grognard - Rules guru

a. None
b. Some
c. A lot

a. CPU speed
b. RAM
c. Operating system
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor

-----------------
Thanks!

I hope I am posting in the right place because you said there would be an announcement in the other thread, but I did not know you wanted us to post here until today, sorry (thought it was going to be posted in the other thread...).

Yes, most recent examples are closed beta for both Lord of the Rungs Online Shadows of Angmar and Mines of Moria, in addition to Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning, also closed beta.

I started playing World in Flames about a year after its initial launch and simply loved it. It offered a gaming experience that no other game before (or since then for that matter - in my opinion) could offer in terms of scope, scale, and multiplayer playability. We had some campaign games that lasted up to nine months, playing at least every other weekend. I continued enjoyed playing the game with friends until a few years back, when school and work took over, but I now have time to participate in beta testing if you want.

I don't know if I still have a copy somewhere, but I wrote a full review article describing World in Flames and what was new and cool with the new editon in 92 for a major European gaming magazine, so I do (at least did - lol) know a lot about the game.

I have played all of the basic mod add-ons, but don't have as much experience with some of the smaller, later ones.

So I guess I might fit 2 of these descriptions in one way or another.

d. Grognard - Rules guru

c. A lot. - I played it a lot, but was unable to transfer it to my newer computers, so I miss not being able to have fun with it.

a. CPU speed - Intel Duo core 3 ghz
b. RAM - 4 gigs
c. Operating system - windows vista
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor - 1680 x 1050 - maybe more - 25" Dell widescreen

Post #: 76
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/3/2009 9:05:31 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I want to thank all of you who applied to be beta testers. There were twice as many applicants as there were open slots.

Here are the beta testers we have asked to join the beta test team. I still need to hear from the Tyrone, but the other 11 have sent me their email addresses (and I have forwarded their names to Matrix to get the non-disclosure agreement process started).

===
Orm
Gordian Knot
Jaguar
MichaelMVB
geozero
mikel
Morval
Xenocide
Stabilo
Pappy
Rysyonok
tyroneslothrop
===

We might still need more beta testers - I'll make that decision before the end of this month (February). If we do, I'll post another request to this thread.

Steve

(in reply to MajorDude)
Post #: 77
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/4/2009 1:41:11 AM   
geozero

Great... the Dirty Dozen...

JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.

Post #: 78
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/4/2009 9:41:13 AM   
Blind Sniper

Noooo, I'm unhappy...nobody love me...

Ok ok, my girlfriend will be happy

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 79
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/4/2009 10:50:09 AM   
JMLiege

I wish you all a good beta testing time and I hope to purchase the final release soon (as it is possible naturally)
So please dear beta testers, do not forget that even a beta tester has to 'W'ork 'I'ndependently and for 'F'ree , it's a very important job.

Best regards,

(in reply to Blind Sniper)
Post #: 80
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/4/2009 1:54:38 PM   
eliliang

quote:

... I still need to hear from the Tyrone, but the other 11 have sent me their email addresses (and I have forwarded their names to Matrix to get the non-disclosure agreement process started).

I sent an email from my regular email address, but it seems you didn't get it. I've just PM'ed you from the forum too now.

Looking forward to testing!

Post #: 81
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 6:24:46 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

[Acknowledgment: I copied most of this from the first post in this thread.]

I am looking to bring the number of active beta testers up to 30. I estimate that I will want to add 10 new people.

If you are interested, then you should read the rest of this post and, if you are then still interested, simply post your reply within this thread.

I will leave this solicitation open for a week (through to August 3rd) and then evaluate everyone that has posted a reply.
-----------------
Before you reply to this post please consider the following:

Software testing is quite different from simply ‘playing’ the game. The focus of testing is not in playing the game, but in working as a team to help produce a great product.

Software testing takes time. Four to six hours every week (preferably across 2 or more sessions) is a reasonable estimate of the time required for a tester to stay in the loop on what’s happening and to give the software a good workout. If you are hoping to squeeze in just an hour of testing each week on a Sunday night somewhere between dinner time and watching the news, if just won't work. There won't be enough time to pick up the concepts of the game, download the latest patches, read & contribute to the private MWIF Development Forum and play through the game looking for bugs. Spending more time testing is obviously better, but only if you can keep good records of what you have tested and send me complete reports on any problems you have found. "It doesn't work" is a useless bug report.

Software testing takes patience. Testers are expected to respond to reasonable requests from the developer (that's me) to provide information about any problems they find. Sometimes that means running through the same boring ten minute long sequence of events half a dozen times and documenting the results so that you can help me reproduce the problem on my own computer.

If you have the time and energy to help, then please reply to this post, giving the following information:

d. Grognard - Rules guru

a. None
b. Some
c. A lot

a. CPU speed
b. RAM
c. Operating system

5. Whether you have: (a) access to multiple computers for testing play over the Internet and/or (b) multiple email accounts for testing PBEM.

-----------------
Thanks!

P.S. This will be the last recruitment 'drive' for beta testers before the initial release.

Steve

(in reply to eliliang)
Post #: 82
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 6:47:38 AM   
praem

I would be interested in signing up - due to vacation I can't contribute before early september - if thats ok, please consider me

1: I test insurance applications on a regular basis and have done for the pat 7-8 years.
2: recruit
3: none
4:
laptop 1,86 Ghz dual core,
2 GB ram,
internal grapichs card - 1400x900
Windows Vista Home Premium
have several e-mail accounts

Post #: 83
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 9:48:32 AM   
Tonqeen

Greetings, I would like to sign up as a betatester.

Maybee programming plc's counts And was betatester for Dark age of Camelot.

b. Recruit - Played 5th ed some times 93-95.

a. None

a. DualCore 3 Ghz
b. 4Gb
c. XP Pro
d. 1600*1200

5. I have several E-mails.

Can test 3-5 hours most evenings.

/Regards Tony

Post #: 84
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 1:47:08 PM   
Jaimainsoyyo

Hi Steve I would like to sign up as a betatester.

1. Any previous experience in testing software: none

2. Your experience of cardboard and paper World in Flames

c. Average - Played Final  (de luxe) edition  at least once every year ( Lebensraum mainly).

3. Experience with CWIF
a. I use it to track the movements and situation of cardboard , It´s a usefull backup if I need the game´s room table for another game

4. PC specification. : (I´m going to buy one better when MWIF be  released)
a. P4 3,4 gh
b. 2Gb
c. XP Pro
d. 1024x768

5. I can test the program tons of  hours because I´m retired, I have only 3 email adresses.

(in reply to Tonqeen)
Post #: 85
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 2:39:25 PM   
obermeister

I am interested in Beta testing.

I am a software engineer with 10 years experience.  One of those years was mostly spent working in a formal qualification test group in a major aerospace company.

Between Average and Grognard.  I'm playing my first WiF game, options-heavy, and it's Jan/Feb 1941.  But I spend a lot of time reading and re-reading the rules to make sure I know them and resolve ambiguities.

a. None

a. Intel 2.4 GHz quad-core
b. 4 GB
c. Vista Ultimate SP2
d. 1920 x 1200 widescreen

5. I have access to multiple computers as well as multiple email accounts.  The stats above are for my primary PC.

(in reply to Jaimainsoyyo)
Post #: 86
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 3:42:14 PM   
Mike Parker

Previous to my current employment I ran a team of test engineers for HP in their commercial desktops division for 10 years.  This included testing both HW and SW modules and of course the interaction of these.  From firmware all the way to application software, as well as hardware from motherboard to above board expansions.  I have experience debugging to root cause, as well as documenting and retesting defects

I played alot a long time ago (in the 80's) and have just been waiting for this great game to get onto the computer as its impossible for me to dedicate an entire room to its setup. 

b. Some
I downloaded it and messed with it quite alot in various incarnations while working for HP. 

I would likely be working on multiple PC's  I am currently the Director of IT for a small office.  I will put stats for the main platform I would be using, but I would likely also test on a laptop or two as well as several other desktops.  I will be using XP as well as Vista Home Vista Business Pro and Vista Ultimate.  I will also be testing at least one machine with 64 bit Vista Ultimate, but the bulk of my testing (barring special requests) would be to test Vista Business pro 32b.  In October or shortly therefter I would likely be moving to Windows 7 on my main platform.

a. CPU speed
Intel Core 2 X9770 3.20 Ghz

b. RAM
8.00 GB

c. Operating system
Windows Vista Business SP2 32b 

Dual monitor config 2x1600x1200 (but am willing to test lower resolutions if needed)

5. Whether you have: (a) access to multiple computers for testing play over the Internet and/or (b) multiple email accounts for testing PBEM.
I do have access to multiple computers, and it depends upon the ports you need open for how many of them I can use to play on the internet.  I can open reasonable ports through our corporate firewall, or could connect directly since I will be playing after normal hours or weekends from work, but my best availability for internet would be at home where I have no restrictions.

I have my home email, and from work since I run our exchange server I can register as many emails as I would need.

(in reply to obermeister)
Post #: 87
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 5:12:32 PM   
MilRevKo

I will be able to give the game some time on a weekly basis.

1) Extensive WIF play and I was a senior play tester for WIF:FE
2) I was a play tester for CWIF

Quad Core, 2 meg, Vista

If there is a scenario that needs to be played out, please let me know.

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus

Post #: 88
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/30/2009 5:22:44 PM   
MajorDude

Yes, I would be interested in helping to test the game.

Yes, among other various game testing in the past and present, recently I tested closed beta for both Lord of the Rungs Online Shadows of Angmar and Mines of Moria, in addition to Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning, also closed beta.

I know those are mmorpg's, but testing is testing.

I started playing World in Flames about a year after its initial launch and simply loved it. It offered a gaming experience that no other game before (or since then for that matter - in my opinion) could offer in terms of scope, scale, and multiplayer playability. We had some campaign games that lasted up to nine months, playing at least every other weekend. I continued to enjoy playing the game with friends until a few years back, when school and work took over, but I now have time to participate in beta testing if you want.

I don't know if I still have a copy somewhere, but I wrote a full review article describing World in Flames and what was new and cool with the new editon in 92 for a major European gaming magazine, so I do (at least did - lol) know a lot about the game.

I have played all of the basic mod add-ons, but don't have as much experience with some of the smaller, later ones.

So I guess I might fit 2 of these descriptions in one way or another.

d. Grognard - Rules guru (or at least I used to be)

c. A lot. I recently purchased the online store version and have been having fun with it, however, it still seems to bug out over some of the same issues as the older test version (although it could be expressing Vista incompatibility).

a. CPU speed - Intel Duo core 3 ghz
b. RAM - 4 gigs
c. Operating system - Windows Vista
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor - 1680 x 1050 - 25" Dell widescreen

Post #: 89
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 7/31/2009 12:16:58 AM   
Peterk1

I am very curious about this game and have the time available to devote to help with testing right now.

I was a beta tester recently for Battlefront. Unfortunately the project (CMC) was canceled before fruition.
I am a professional coder with 20 years experience, so I test software pretty much every day. Many years as well
in customer support.

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's earlier version of a computerized World in Flames.
a. None

a. CPU speed
2.08 GHz

b. RAM
1G

c. Operating system
XP

d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor
1600x1200

e. Multiple e-mail address yes, but cannot easily do multiple PCs at home.

< Message edited by Peterk1 -- 8/1/2009 2:04:42 PM >

(in reply to MajorDude)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI