Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I? - 1/31/2009 3:27:21 AM   
Waldo_slith

Inputting individual player info is very tedious.

The website Pro football.com has all of the roster info (except uniform nos) needed to make FBMax historical rosters and that info can be displayed in csv or pre format.

Is there a way to save that info so that one could cut and paste whole columns of info (for ex. last names) into halftrack's exported league file, thus saving time.

Thanks

waldo
Post #: 1
RE: Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I? - 1/31/2009 10:27:34 PM   
leeman67

Waldo, that's exactly how you do it.  Create the teams you want in MaxFB (just the team names themselves, don't worry about the rosters/unis yet).  Exit the game, and then export the .csv roster file using JD's editor.  If you play Madden (or even if you don't), get Nza's editor from football-freaks.com along w/ any of the many historic rosters available at that site (Muscle Mike's are the most accurate, except for his skill ratings).  Load the Madden roster of choice into Nza's editor and use it to export that .csv file.  From there, you can copy/paste from one .csv file to the other the basic info before you import the original .csv back into MaxFB using JD's editor again.  Ratings are another matter.  Generally, ratings like Speed and Strength mean the same thing in both games, but there are other skill ratings that may need adjusted for compatibility w/ MaxFB.  It's trial and error at that point.  Good luck.

Leeman67 

(in reply to Waldo_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I? - 2/1/2009 3:55:34 AM   
Waldo_slith

Leeman,

Thanks for your advice.

waldo

(in reply to leeman67)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI