Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphics engine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Graphics engine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphics engine - 2/1/2009 5:24:52 PM   
coachtrox

Anyone know if anything is in the works for a smoother, more fluid graphics engine? I know that it's an old question... I'm not looking to see if there will be more body gestures and movements, just a bit more fluidity in what we have now, a smoother execution of plays (I have plenty of computer horsepower...).

Forehead up, hips down! Go to work!
Post #: 1
RE: Graphics engine - 2/1/2009 5:49:13 PM   
Marauders

There will be no changes in the graphics engine for Maximum Football 2.2.

If David would have allowed it, I am sure we could have put together a nice mod team to update the graphics and animations.

David is considering some changes for Maximum Football 3.0, but don't expect that any time soon, and it will likely be Canadian rules only at initial release.

(in reply to coachtrox)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphics engine - 2/1/2009 9:02:52 PM   
simmer

Marauders, I think you make a great difference in this game. You definitely bring valuable information to this site. David should really pay you because he really stinks at Public Relations Skills. Pass this on to him, The Canadian Version is going to go over like a lead balloon!

Fix our version first before going on to another. I think David lost his fan base........What do you think?

< Message edited by simmer -- 2/1/2009 9:05:18 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphics engine - 2/2/2009 6:14:25 PM   
Marauders

quote:

simmer stated: Marauders, I think you make a great difference in this game. You definitely bring valuable information to this site.

I try to give as much information as I can or may. There have been many other community members who have been helpful as well. It has always been my belief that a strong base community can help any game.

quote:

David should really pay you because he really stinks at Public Relations Skills.

When I joined the beta team, I knew that was voluntary. When I offered to moderate the board, I believed that it would allow David more time to code the game an answer the technical questions without getting into the muck on side issues.

quote:

Pass this on to him, The Canadian Version is going to go over like a lead balloon!

I hope it does well enough for Canadian football fans.

quote:

Fix our version first before going on to another.

I have stated many times that a long term development program needs three things: defined goals, lockdown points, and parallel development. The goals for 2.2 are pretty much satisfied in the core programming.

2.2 is a pretty good place to lock down because 2.5 would have changed the playbooks greatly. The changes would have been for the better, and I lobbied for them, but it may have been a good idea to include them as goals for 3.0 to allow 2.2 to be locked down.

Parallel development means that the developer works to clean up the current version while working on the new version. Small developers have trouble doing this because of time constraints, but it is still a critical part of the process. I don't believe it would have been too much to ask David to look at a few bugs now and then or post in the forum from time to time.

quote:

I think David lost his fan base.... What do you think.

The way David addressed the issue will certainly be detrimental to his future projects. There were many people who had been in his corner who feel deluded by his leaving without notice, but as you stated, public relations were not really David's best suit.

It's really too bad, because Maximum Football is really a nice game. It would not have taken relatively much effort to make 2.x cleaner and better. It's like quitting a marathon with one mile to go.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Graphics engine - 2/3/2009 5:14:57 PM   
mudrick

I agree with you Marauders.  Well, maybe 4 or 5 miles to go :).  I'd be happy if he just fixed the profile bugs.  This game relies heavily on profiles.

Obviously David is a big Canadian football fan, and that's fine.  It's probably good that he focus on one thing at at time anyway.  I'll just wait for the NFL version to come out.  But if he puts it out with Head to Head, i'll get it in a heartbeat, and I don't care if it's Egyptian rules football :).  Plus I know several Canadian football fans that currently play h2h Fbpro leagues.  They would jump all over it. 

But now in 2009, H2H is the big deal breaker for many.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Graphics engine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI