Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for first game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for first game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for first game - 2/2/2009 1:09:09 AM   
johanb

I got this game and tried it against the computer for a while. It might be fun to try to play against a human now. Never tried any mods, but read about some (Big B, CHs, RHS, etc).
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for first game - 2/2/2009 3:39:46 AM   
johanb

How do I start? Is there someone that wants to play?

(in reply to johanb)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for first game - 2/2/2009 4:02:53 AM   
Ramjet

I can have a go at your first game. We don't have to use any house rules (other than turn one) if you don't want to. I don't do crazy things anyway. I prefer the Japanese, but I'll let you pick. If I take the Japanese, it'll take me a couple of days to get my first turn done. I'll send you a PM.

(in reply to johanb)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for first game - 2/2/2009 5:27:32 PM   
johanb

Maebe want to play Japan. What house rules do people use? What mods are the best?

(in reply to Ramjet)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for first game - 2/2/2009 5:29:38 PM   
johanb

Oh options... what is "player defined upgrades"? I think no historical first turn. All submarine and damage control yes.

(in reply to johanb)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for first game - 2/2/2009 5:45:00 PM   
2ndACR

Search for house rules........there can be quite a list.......there are also alot listed right here in this sub forum........just look at what people are offering etc and pick and choose the most common HR.

PDU's are player defined upgrades.......it opens up the upgrade paths and allows you alot more flexibility in upgrading and downgrading a/c types........must have IMO.

Japan does not want sub doctrine.......simulates the IJN tactic of just shooting at warships mainly. Off will allow your subs to fire at anything that crosses the path.

As Japan, well you will on 1st turn send the save file to your opponent. He will then send it back to you........you the IJN player will run the turn and input your orders. You will from then on send the WITP001, your save file and most common, the combat report, asigint, ops report text files.

Try very hard not to esc out of combat animations because this can cause synch issues. Make very sure that both you and your opponent are running the exact same version. Best way if playing a mod is you the IJN player send your opponent the exact same mod that you just loaded.

(in reply to johanb)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for first game - 2/2/2009 10:41:51 PM   
Ramjet

johanb, you are kinda all over the place here. Do you want to take Japan and start the game? I sent you a PM if you want to email and start.

(in reply to johanb)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for first game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI