Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

corp mercs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> corp mercs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
corp mercs - 2/8/2009 1:52:06 AM   
noname

" reinforce" has mentioned that the 15k corp mercs is just a one time cost, somone else on this forum, I don't know who, said that the 15 k is a daily cost. which is it? seems to me to be one time cost other wise I would be broke by now.
Post #: 1
RE: corp mercs - 2/8/2009 3:41:07 AM   
Reinforce

One time payout.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to noname)
Post #: 2
RE: corp mercs - 2/8/2009 12:40:17 PM   
Hard Sarge

I think that other post you were asking about was before we knew for sure, so someone played with it to find out for sure

so as Reinforce says, one timer

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 3
RE: corp mercs - 7/1/2009 4:04:36 PM   
Anthropoid

Why don't those guys supplement your own squads when they are defending a sector!? That is LUDICROUS to spend $15K for 5 mercs who don't exist unless they defend the sector alone!?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: corp mercs - 7/1/2009 8:50:48 PM   
Reinforce

Ya, But 15k does get you a scary OP unit of troops that I have honestly never seen die once you have 20 of them on one map.. Heck can you even lose a fully upgraded sector? That was one of my beefs with this game. The AI never attacked enough and was never good enough to do anything other then annoy me.

I have had them back me up if my fireteams on the map and it gets attacked. I was on the Dam if I recall.. rocked too afew of them died and I got some sweet weapons out of the deal. Like my Beloved FNC.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 5
RE: corp mercs - 7/2/2009 1:32:22 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

Ya, But 15k does get you a scary OP unit of troops that I have honestly never seen die once you have 20 of them on one map.. Heck can you even lose a fully upgraded sector? That was one of my beefs with this game. The AI never attacked enough and was never good enough to do anything other then annoy me.

I have had them back me up if my fireteams on the map and it gets attacked. I was on the Dam if I recall.. rocked too afew of them died and I got some sweet weapons out of the deal. Like my Beloved FNC.

Much Love,
Reinforce

I had "1st Merc Squad" in Crossroads and Dictator attacked me. The deployment phase started, and all I had to deploy were my personally hired Mercs (Jabby, Lin, etc.). I did not finish deployment and hit ready. Do the 1st Merc squads show up in semi-random positions after the deployment phase?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 6
RE: corp mercs - 7/2/2009 1:38:38 PM   
Reinforce

Ya from what I've seen they are just randomly tossed around the map when backing me up.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 7
RE: corp mercs - 7/2/2009 1:53:30 PM   
Anthropoid

Ah! Well still slightly annoying that you don't get to deploy them but not nearly so much so as if they can't deploy at all :) Thanks Reinforce.

I'm thinking long-term I would love to help be a part of making an alternate scenario for this mod. Can you make maps for this game?

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 8
RE: corp mercs - 7/5/2009 5:06:11 AM   
Mack the Knife

quote:

randomly tossed around the map

yup, and in my experience they end up at the polar opposite of where the fight is!! thus, they spend all their moves getting to the action, essentially useless to me and bye bye $15K! i use them once in a while to defend a sector about to be attacked that i don't want to deal with at the moment.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> corp mercs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI