Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 12/31/2008 6:11:39 PM   
micvik

This is a 43 man cover 2 I made in PDS and you can see that one wideout has been left uncovered.
[image][/image]
I've noticed this problem with other playbooks too so I'm wondering what the issue is?

This is how the coverage is setup
cb1 non-backfield
cb2 non-backfield
olb1 non backfield
Ilb1 backfield
olb2 backfield

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 12/31/2008 6:38:16 PM   
DAWUSS

I've noticed it several times on Canadian football. It feels like a gimmick play so many times.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 2
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 12:36:37 AM   
micvik

Yeah, I find it real annoying because its an exploit that gives the offense an automatic touchdown at times.

(in reply to DAWUSS)
Post #: 3
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 1:31:34 AM   
hack153

recheck all of your man 2 man coverage.  ensure, you are ranking non-backfields 1-3 with the same variable (i usually use Speed).  same with your backfield.  make sure "cover hot" is not on.

i've seen this only when i didn't have the variables set up right..or if i accidently placed a SS or FS with a "line-up" when he was playing a zone.

other than that, i don't think i've ever seen this.

< Message edited by hack153 -- 1/1/2009 1:33:49 AM >

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 4
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 3:24:13 AM   
micvik

But I have seen this a number of times using your latest playbooks for example this play is Coach Brown Vs Coach Brown.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 5
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 3:28:39 AM   
micvik

This is another one

Attachment (1)

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 6
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 10:08:15 AM   
Marauders

It can be a problem if the Man variable is not set to the same attribute or the number of players isn't correct (three defenders covering four receivers).

Using Man coverage on backfield players can get a defense in trouble if they don't limit those defenses to offensive formations that actually have those backfield players.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 7
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 1:53:19 PM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: micvik

This is another one

Are you sure what your seeing here isnt some kinda defensive "trick play"
to con the QB to throw to the upper most wide out - who appears uncovered
after the play progressed - did you watch exactly what the safety or corner did
I'm guessing he was covered quickly, short yardage pass for 4 or 5 yards - 3rd and 11, thats pretty good D.

its just a guess of course
I just cant see hack leaving big holes in the D.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 8
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 5:00:27 PM   
DreamTeams

I see this also. Will take a closer look and see what happens after the snap.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 9
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 7:41:22 PM   
micvik

From my examination there are these defensive plays in the brown playbook, zones, that leave a receiver open one is brown 34O zb c2e 2te. It seems like the plays that end in "2te" leave a receiver open. The other situation that seems to leave a receiver uncovered is when you have a basic 34 or 43 M2M play up against a singleback 2WR,2TE.

so my coverage should be setup like this?

rank
cb1 non-backfield 1
cb2 non-backfield 2
olb1 non backfield 3
Ilb1 backfield 1
olb2 backfield 2

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 10
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/1/2009 8:08:16 PM   
hack153

did you read my guide before attempting to play or coach with the plays? 

i made the playbooks with only certain formations are susposed to be used against certain formations.  this could be the issue.  i don't recall leaving any big holes like this.  if i did (because i am not perfect), let me know the plays and i will fix it.  just remember that certain formations are only made to against certain formations.

hope this helps.  i don't like seeing people having issues with my playbooks.

EDIT
quote:

From my examination there are these defensive plays in the brown playbook, zones, that leave a receiver open one is brown 34O zb c2e 2te. It seems like the plays that end in "2te" leave a receiver open. The other situation that seems to leave a receiver uncovered is when you have a basic 34 or 43 M2M play up against a singleback 2WR,2TE.

so my coverage should be setup like this?

rank
cb1 non-backfield 1
cb2 non-backfield 2
olb1 non backfield 3
Ilb1 backfield 1
olb2 backfield 2

this might help with Brown...
+Brown 34 Z_ C_ E vs. 2rb, 1te, 2wr
+Brown 34 Z_ C_ E 3WR vs. 2rb, 0te, 3wr
+Brown 42N Z_ C_ E vs. 1rb, 1te, 3wr
+Brown 42N Z_ C_ E 2TE vs. 1rb, 2te, 2wr
+Brown 34O Z_ C_ E vs. 2rb, 1te, 2wr
+Brown 34O Z_ C_ 3 2TE vs. 2rb, 2te, 1wr

< Message edited by hack153 -- 1/1/2009 8:15:13 PM >

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 11
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/2/2009 12:06:17 AM   
DreamTeams

I'm lost. I can't quite understanding what I'm supposed to do to fix this or make these specific plays work the way they're intended. How am I supposed to make sure that certain plays only match up against certain plays if I'm playing cpu vs cpu only? Am I missing something? Is there a setting I have to go in and edit? Just curious about this, because I've seen the match-ups shown in the photos above and I've seen receivers wide open, sometimes for a TD.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 12
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/2/2009 12:37:53 AM   
garysorrell

Wasnt there once an issue with the game involving TEs and coverage? It seems familiar.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 13
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/2/2009 3:50:26 AM   
micvik

quote:

ORIGINAL: hack

did you read my guide before attempting to play or coach with the plays?

These screen shots are from cpu vs cpu games.

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Wasn't there once an issue with the game involving TEs and coverage? It seems familiar.

What issue was this?

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 14
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/2/2009 4:30:37 AM   
hack153

quote:

I'm lost. I can't quite understanding what I'm supposed to do to fix this or make these specific plays work the way they're intended. How am I supposed to make sure that certain plays only match up against certain plays if I'm playing cpu vs cpu only? Am I missing something? Is there a setting I have to go in and edit? Just curious about this, because I've seen the match-ups shown in the photos above and I've seen receivers wide open, sometimes for a TD.

hmmmm...interesting. it should be working. i'll re-check the Brown playbook and see what the deal is.

EDIT-->

i re-checked Brown. the plays in the groups look correct, and the plays themselves are designed how they are supposed to work.

i have no idea. i don't know if it's something in my playbooks, or if it's a glitch in the game.

whenever you see this, can you send me the plays that were involved. this way i can keep working on the problem. thanks. i am hoping that this is't occurring all the time...

< Message edited by hack153 -- 1/2/2009 4:51:24 AM >

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 15
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/2/2009 4:43:42 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Wasnt there once an issue with the game involving TEs and coverage? It seems familiar.

That was an issue that had the QB counted in Man set ups.  This often left the slower TE uncovered.

The issue was resolved.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 16
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 1/17/2009 10:14:21 PM   
micvik

I've done some testing on this issue and one of the problems it appears is that in CPUvsCPU games the defense does not follow the game plan at times and calls plays at random. So you end up getting weird matchups like a 44 defense up against a 4 or 5 WR formation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 17
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/10/2009 6:17:58 PM   
Marauders

quote:

This is how the coverage is setup
cb1 non-backfield
cb2 non-backfield
olb1 non backfield
Ilb1 backfield
olb2 backfield

From the graphics, it looks like the left receiver is double covered (right side of defense).

Which skill attributes are the cb1, cb2, and olb1 set for in Man coverage on that play?

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 18
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/10/2009 8:26:17 PM   
Yngvai

quote:

I've done some testing on this issue and one of the problems it appears is that in CPUvsCPU games the defense does not follow the game plan at times and calls plays at random. So you end up getting weird matchups like a 44 defense up against a 4 or 5 WR formation.

That's exactly the problem. The game does not always call the correct defenses as specified in the profile, which is why you sometimes get uncovered men.

The only way to guard against this 100% is to have all 5 M2M coverage guys set as EITHER.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 19
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/10/2009 8:43:36 PM   
Marauders

quote:

The only way to guard against this 100% is to have all 5 M2M coverage guys set as EITHER.

Yes, that is what I do for nickel and dime defenses.

(in reply to Yngvai)
Post #: 20
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/17/2009 2:52:49 AM   
hack153

after playing several games today, i too have noticed this too.  i have checked my playbooks and plays and they are working as they should.  i'm guessing this is a problem with the game.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 21
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/17/2009 6:04:15 PM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

Yes, that is what I do for nickel and dime defenses.

Hack, have you tried this? Have you noticed if it fixes the problem?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 22
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/17/2009 6:15:54 PM   
hack153

i used to do that.  i don't think it matters though.  it appears that the CPU doesnt' always go with the situation play group.  i've done several test games and it still happens.  i've ensured that my playbooks are not the problem.  i even added an "Any, Any" to all possible formations that DEF will face.  still, it has some issues.  i'm not sure if it is because i made plays in 2.2 then got converted to 2.2.9. 

i'm still working on it.

< Message edited by hack153 -- 2/17/2009 8:14:48 PM >

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 23
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/17/2009 8:23:58 PM   
DreamTeams

Ok. I see. Thanks for taking a look at this.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 24
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/17/2009 10:17:09 PM   
hack153

however, i don't see how convertion from 2.2 to 2.2.9 should create this problem.  in 2.2 i never saw this.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 25
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/18/2009 12:17:49 AM   
hack153

part of the problem is because WR have equal speed.  M2M coverage is based on speed.

to fix this, i am working on changing some M2M that is based on CAT.

This is only part of the issue.

< Message edited by hack153 -- 2/18/2009 3:25:28 AM >

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 26
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/18/2009 1:13:42 PM   
hack153

to fix this, i will be making zone plays that are not disguised.  i've tried everything, but have no idea why this is happening.  Also, make sure WRs SPD, CAT do not match on a team.  if they are equal that will cause a double team.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 27
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/21/2009 1:52:51 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: hack153

to fix this, i will be making zone plays that are not disguised.  i've tried everything, but have no idea why this is happening.  Also, make sure WRs SPD, CAT do not match on a team.  if they are equal that will cause a double team.

Not sure how you mean this, Hack. Are you saying make sure two receivers on the same team do not have the exact same spd, cat ratings? Or are you saying make sure that a single reciever does not have the same spd, cat ratings? For example: spd = 99 and ca = 99. Please explane a little further.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 28
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/21/2009 3:22:07 AM   
hack153

sure. 

yes, WRs & TEs can't have the same SPD or CAT rating depending on how you set up the M2M variable.  If you have 2 WRs with SPD 80 and 80 is the highest ranking, one of the WR or TE may be left wide open. 

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 29
RE: Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? - 2/21/2009 8:25:12 AM   
DreamTeams

Ok. Looks like I have some editing to do. hate that i have to keep an eye on this as the maintenance of this game is starting to become a bit much. Thanks.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> Why do defenders lineup incorrectly on man coverage? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI