Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Only tweaking is left

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Only tweaking is left Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 7:54:06 AM   
morphin

Hi
At the moment i read everything about AE and for me it seems that the game is stable and playable. Only minor tweaking in play balance is left. So why do you not let the community help with this. I thinik if the game is stable and playable, you should release it.......

Andy
Post #: 1
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 8:10:31 AM   
CV Zuikaku

No, let them tweak a bit more! Let it be finished!
I can wait for it untill March. March 2009, not 20XX

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 2
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 8:17:04 AM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: morphin

Hi
At the moment i read everything about AE and for me it seems that the game is stable and playable. Only minor tweaking in play balance is left. So why do you not let the community help with this. I thinik if the game is stable and playable, you should release it.......

Andy

Unfortunately, the real world doesn't quite work that way. Besides, we're having too much fun torturing you people...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 3
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 8:36:41 AM   
Yamato hugger

March has never been a good month for me. My father died in March 1982. Mother died in March of 2002, my dog died last March. Lets wait for June. June has always been good to me. I got married .. in .. Ju - hmmm, lets wait for December. December has always been good to me

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 9:20:22 AM   
CV Zuikaku

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

March has never been a good month for me. My father died in March 1982. Mother died in March of 2002, my dog died last March. Lets wait for June. June has always been good to me. I got married .. in .. Ju - hmmm, lets wait for December. December has always been good to me

How about april the 1st?! It's still fairly near to March, but not March at all

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 5
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 11:12:34 AM   
RevRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV Zuikaku

quote:

How about april the 1st?! It's still fairly near to March, but not March at all

And it would fit Terminus' MO perfectly....

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to CV Zuikaku)
Post #: 6
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 12:19:54 PM   
m10bob

quote:

I like Friday the 13th, myself.....That's the day I got married for the first (and last) time, to my soul-mate......................

Post #: 7
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 1:30:34 PM   
treespider

February 29th works for me...

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 8
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 2:15:16 PM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

I like Friday the 13th, myself.....That's the day I got married for the first (and last) time, to my soul-mate......................

My youngest daughter (now 18) was born on Friday the 13th. To this day, we consider it a lucky day.

On topic, I'll mention that even if they are in "tweaking" that's pretty essential. With a bazillion different entries into tables and complex algorithms for how the interact, it can't be trivial to determine if it all "feels right" and "works right" in combination. My opinion, no connection to the AE team.

< Message edited by erstad -- 2/13/2009 2:17:28 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 9
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 2:22:57 PM   
morphin

I hope not April the 1st. That's the day I got married and on this day i have no time to play AE

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 10
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 2:28:53 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

quote:

My youngest daughter (now 18) was born on Friday the 13th. To this day, we consider it a lucky day.

On topic, I'll mention that even if they are in "tweaking" that's pretty essential. With a bazillion different entries into tables and complex algorithms for how the interact, it can't be trivial to determine if it all "feels right" and "works right" in combination. My opinion, no connection to the AE team.

My family of five has three birthdays--one of them being Friday the 13th.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 11
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 2:36:16 PM   
Fishbed

Make it April 7th, Yamato day! 

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 12
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 2:56:09 PM   
Crimguy

I'm sorry, but I find everyone's maturity unacceptable.  April 1?  Too late.  June??  December????  No way Jose.

We know that, when released, there will be bugs (see, e.g. patches on WitP from 2004-2008).  I think we're used to that.

So that leaves Terminus' explanation (Torture).  Congratulations, it's working.

Please keep in mind the following:  my first child was born in May, 2006.  Conquest of the Aegean served me well when it was my turn to watch him (my shift was from 8PM to midnight).  My next child is due June 23 or so.  I need 2-3 months to get the hang of the game.  So mid-March will be perfect, allowing me enough time to get my feet wet, and by the time the kid rolls around I'll be up and running.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 13
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 3:06:20 PM   
Yank

The torture will continue until morale improves!

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 14
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 3:42:23 PM   
jwilkerson

Well keep in mind that the actual "release" will not sneak up on you. Based on patterns we've seen in previous game releases, the actual release will be proceeded by a GOLD announcement, followed by a period of release preparation, followed by the actual release. So once you see a GOLD announcement, then you know a release will follow. How long in between GOLD and release is outside the control of the AE Team, this is a Matrix activity, but it will mostly depend on when the various components can be brought together to make the release happen. Officially I'd expect the gap to be about 30-60 days, but we've seen less and we've seen more.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Yank)
Post #: 15
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 3:46:23 PM   
Yank

Well then if testing continues for much longer we are looking at late spring, early summer perhaps. Ugh.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 16
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 3:56:34 PM   
roeddog

quote:

quote:

Friday the 13th is good, I got married on that day too, everyone said it wouldn't last because of the date. That was 25 years ago on 13MAY83!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 17
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 4:09:47 PM   
Yamato hugger

I was married Jun 14 1975 (200th anniversary of the US Army). It was a saturday. The preacher wanted us to get married on friday since he already had 4 weddings booked for the 14th. I said no, wasnt going to get married on friday the 13th.

(in reply to roeddog)
Post #: 18
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 5:13:16 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Officially I'd expect the gap to be about 30-60 days, but we've seen less and we've seen more.

Joe,

I'm sure you understand when I say that I hope you are horribly wrong about that. A gap of, say, 3 days would be tolerable.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 19
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 5:38:47 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Well keep in mind that the actual "release" will not sneak up on you. Based on patterns we've seen in previous game releases, the actual release will be proceeded by a GOLD announcement, followed by a period of release preparation, followed by the actual release. So once you see a GOLD announcement, then you know a release will follow. How long in between GOLD and release is outside the control of the AE Team, this is a Matrix activity, but it will mostly depend on when the various components can be brought together to make the release happen. Officially I'd expect the gap to be about 30-60 days, but we've seen less and we've seen more.

It hasn't gone GOLD yet???

Man what are you guys doing... speed up for gods sake!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 20
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 6:20:18 PM   
CV Zuikaku

Maybe it woul'd be best if we had never knew anything about AE being developed... This way, we are just freaking out
Especially after AE AARs...

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 21
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 6:23:39 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

Especially after AE AARs...

I can stop. No problem

(in reply to CV Zuikaku)
Post #: 22
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 6:28:30 PM   
Mike Solli

No!  Zuikaku really didn't mean that.  He's just a little loopy (like most of us are) waiting (im)patiently.

Created by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 23
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 6:41:27 PM   
CV Zuikaku

I have a really bad fooding in the aft generator room, the rudder is jammed and all flight operatons are cancelled due to fires in the hangars ... So, do not expect that I can give you good suggestions in that condition After few months in drydock (AE) I,ll be OK again

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 24
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 6:50:51 PM   
NormS3

So major or minor damage?

(in reply to CV Zuikaku)
Post #: 25
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 6:55:05 PM   
CV Zuikaku

Coul'd get ugly if DC teams fail to extinguish the fires... but for now, I dont know how AE handles this
It is: flooding: 36 (major 14)
fires: 48
Engines: 15
System: 45
Hope I can make it

(in reply to NormS3)
Post #: 26
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 7:01:45 PM   
NormS3

Judging from your name you'll end up sinking in port.

All that can be hoped for is an immediate dose of AE (or large port with 4 ARs)

For AE team keep up the great work! And even (gods forbid) it takes years I'll still be here for you guys.

(in reply to CV Zuikaku)
Post #: 27
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 7:17:12 PM   
CV Zuikaku

Ships in AE are less likely to sink once in port

(in reply to NormS3)
Post #: 28
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 7:38:59 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Ships in AE are less likely to sink once in port

Yeah, that's what "they" say.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to CV Zuikaku)
Post #: 29
RE: Only tweaking is left - 2/13/2009 8:24:51 PM   
vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: morphin

Hi

Andy

I know everyone, including myself, is very anxious to get AE but ............

The AAR's with the latest build are still in December 1941. One of the play testers remarked they had not got a build out of 1941 as of yet. Is this really what you want? A game that can potentially lasy 1600 turns being released when no one has played even 10% into the game (in its present build)? How will they know how the Japanese economic model will hold up if they don't go until at least a full year into the game? How will they know how pilot training and losses will play out?

Personally I can wait. I'd rather have the game come out in a few months with some certainty it works than released in four weeks only to have it break down

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Only tweaking is left Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI