Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I hate to say this...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: I hate to say this... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I hate to say this... - 2/18/2009 2:53:58 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

This has been thrashed out before. I proposed a 3D map in 2004...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=677366&mpage=1&key=Spherical%2Cglobal%2Cmap��

(I hope that link works)

...and then it was brought up again...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1905549&mpage=1&key=?

Basically it ain't going to happen for this release and as so little land combat occurs at extreme latitudes it doesn't really matter.

It would be elegant, and would eventually enable the rules to be streamlined and facilitate Cold War expansions with bombers over the poles etc but I'm just happy there will soon be a playable MWiF.

My replay facility got binned too. Actually I think Steve might have something against me :)

Cheers, Neilster

I would dearly love to code a replay capability. Could you arrange for there to be 60 hours in a day and 10 days in a week? If so, we can discuss the number of weeks in a year next.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 31
Add an umbrella and see the light!!! - 2/18/2009 3:36:46 AM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
I would dearly love to code a replay capability. Could you arrange for there to be 60 hours in a day and 10 days in a week? If so, we can discuss the number of weeks in a year next.

Pardon me, I may be of some help here.

The Irish long ago found the secret to the space time continuum and the key to balancing "work vs available time"....BOOZE.

So Steve, maybe your solution is somewhere at the bottom of an unknown number of coconut drinks?

Flipper

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 32
RE: I hate to say this... - 2/18/2009 3:49:22 AM   
Neilster

quote:

quote:

This has been thrashed out before. I proposed a 3D map in 2004...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=677366&mpage=1&key=Spherical%2Cglobal%2Cmap��

(I hope that link works)

...and then it was brought up again...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1905549&mpage=1&key=?

Basically it ain't going to happen for this release and as so little land combat occurs at extreme latitudes it doesn't really matter.

It would be elegant, and would eventually enable the rules to be streamlined and facilitate Cold War expansions with bombers over the poles etc but I'm just happy there will soon be a playable MWiF.

My replay facility got binned too. Actually I think Steve might have something against me :)

Cheers, Neilster

Yes. Get the Babylonians with their base 60 number system to organise each day and use the Revolutionary France 10 day week (1783-1805). You might need a wormhole or some kind of space-time fabric melder as well. Problem solved!

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 33
RE: I hate to say this... - 2/18/2009 4:08:48 AM   
wworld7

quote:

You might need a wormhole or some kind of space-time fabric melder as well. Problem solved!

Cheers, Neilster

Beer melds well

Flipper

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 34
RE: I hate to say this... - 2/18/2009 10:48:39 AM   
tde001

quote:

Yes. Get the Babylonians with their base 60 number system to organise each day and use the Revolutionary France 10 day week (1783-1805). You might need a wormhole or some kind of space-time fabric melder as well. Problem solved!

Cheers, Neilster

I guess it's just a typo but as a Frenchman, I have to correct it: the 10 day week system came into force in 1793 and not in 1783 (i.e. after the French revolution had actually begun )

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 35
RE: Add an umbrella and see the light!!! - 2/18/2009 12:44:07 PM   
iamspamus

NO.NO.NO.

TEQUILA!!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

quote:

Pardon me, I may be of some help here.

The Irish long ago found the secret to the space time continuum and the key to balancing "work vs available time"....BOOZE.

So Steve, maybe your solution is somewhere at the bottom of an unknown number of coconut drinks?

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 36
RE: I hate to say this... - 2/18/2009 2:35:32 PM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: tde001

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

I guess it's just a typo but as a Frenchman, I have to correct it: the 10 day week system came into force in 1793 and not in 1783 (i.e. after the French revolution had actually begun )

Sorry...a typo on my part.

I think it's Primidi, 1 Ventôse An CCXVII (Year 217) in this part of the world right now I'm loving this decimal date stuff.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to tde001)
Post #: 37
RE: I hate to say this... - 9/5/2009 11:26:39 AM   
Skanvak

quote:

The decision to have a single scale for both the European and the Pacific Theatre maps did change how the game plays. I remember all the debates in this forum about this long ago, which was why I wished back then that the Fuller map projection be implemented if such a fundamental change was going to be implemented anyway.

Yes, changing the map is a big change. Though it has always been a Wif goals (lots expension add map to replace the off -map hexes). Changing the number of hexes like using the european scale everywhere is really a big change. If you want to use the old strategy then you will have to ask for an original map option with the off-map hexes and asain hexes, so I don't see why we cannot have a spherical earth. I like geographic realism as at least this one can be correct. As this quote stress out, the map is already altered so let go to the final state and make it sperical so we have no disortion of distance. I have naver consider playbility when it game down to an historical wargame of that scope.

So please consider that for the next expansion.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 38
RE: I hate to say this... - 9/18/2009 4:47:12 PM   
Extraneous

In the last few days when I try to logon to the forums it asks for my name, password AND to key in a series of letters.

Is this a new requirement or is there somthing going on I should be responding to?

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 39
RE: I hate to say this... - 9/18/2009 6:18:54 PM   
composer99

Maybe they had some bots trawling the forums recently?

~ Composer99

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 40
RE: I hate to say this... - 9/18/2009 10:53:35 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

In the last few days when I try to logon to the forums it asks for my name, password AND to key in a series of letters.

Is this a new requirement or is there somthing going on I should be responding to?

I hope it will soon cease.
It's a pain.

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 41
RE: I hate to say this... - 10/27/2009 1:38:16 PM   
Caquineur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp
quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

I hope it will soon cease.
It's a pain.

Have you noticed you always have to key in EXACTLY six letters ?
Never five, never seven ?
Have you wondered why ?

Well, here is the explanation (this is not official yet) : as soon as you're asked to key in "ITPOTE", you get a choice :
- you can now play with this option !!
OR
- you can get a free trip to Hawaii (*)

(*) The only (small) condition is to answer Steve's request without using the Irish solution (see above), the combined Babylonians-French solution (see above but below), or any other solution (see anywhere you want).

Alain

PS : I've got a cold and needed a break, so please, no hard feelings if this piece of information is not 100% accurate

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 42
RE: I hate to say this... - 10/28/2009 4:29:13 AM   
paulderynck

Hee hee.

Paul

(in reply to Caquineur)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: I hate to say this... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI