Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Diplomacy Treaty Example

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> The War Room >> Diplomacy Treaty Example Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Diplomacy Treaty Example - 3/3/2009 2:46:51 AM   
Russian Guard

For new guys, thought you might like to see an example of what's possible to put together if you put some thought into it. The Treaty mechanism a really flexible system that allows for alot of creative use to get what you need done.

In this example, it's the 1803 scenario - I'm playing Russia.

Sine 1803 historically begins with only France and Britain at war, a lot of things can happen that are not in the best interests of Russia, like Austria and Prussia or even Britain going to war with each other early over a minor Nation. Since I know France is ultimately the power I must contend with, I do not want these Powers weakening themselves in petty squabbles over the crumbs of central Europe, while Napoleon laughs and masses his forces.

Thus, I put together this "Coalition of St. Petersburg"; my first task was to make sure I covered the bases I wanted. Namely, an Alliance between Britain and the two German powers, and myself (Russia). War between Allies is much less likely (though not guaranteed it won't happen). In order to make the Treaty appealing to all concerned (that's the hard part!), I sweetened the deal with my own offerings to the Treaty, giving each Nation something I believe they desire - Enforced Alliance, or guarantee of Peace for a time period, or (in Britain's case) an offer to not Ally with France for a period of time.

First Snapshot here is the Treaty as accepted by all Nations. Note that there was NO guarantee they'd all accept; I did my best to give me the best chance (I think), and it worked out well for Russia, even though the AI told me that this Treaty was questionable.

The 2nd snapshot (next post) shows an up-close look at the specific Treaty items; there are 10, not 8 as shown in the first snapshot, because of space limitations in the display. (You just click the "Read" button link in the Treaty to see the entire Treaty).

Of course if you want a less restrained and "historical" environment, scrap this and play it as it comes! It's fun that way too.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Diplomacy Treaty Example - 3/3/2009 2:47:40 AM   
Russian Guard

Details of the Treaty "Coalition of St. petersburg":

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 2
RE: Diplomacy Treaty Example - 3/3/2009 3:07:41 AM   
Dreadnaught

Thats pretty cool. I haven't messed with making too many treaties yet. Just trying to learn to survive the French hordes as prussia ATM

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 3
RE: Diplomacy Treaty Example - 3/10/2009 3:22:45 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Bugger!  just seen this after I've sent in my 1st turn in a Multi-player game playing Russia 1803, I was trying to sort something along those lines (ish) but couldn't get my head round it so gave up   wish I had seen this first.

Nice one RG, nice one

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 3/10/2009 3:23:01 AM >

(in reply to Dreadnaught)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> The War Room >> Diplomacy Treaty Example Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI