Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enemy locations?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Enemy locations? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enemy locations? - 3/8/2009 2:08:58 PM   
necripper

Can somebody tell me if can we modify where the enemies are spawned when entering a location? I suppose the numbers in mission_file files are the coordinates.
I am asking this, because I have a problem cleaning the North Base for the second time, there is still one (or maybe more) enemy, and I can't find it. I had problems the first time too when one soldier was locked in a small building, and I had to blow up the entrance to reach him. If you check the numbers in the file "basis\missions\north_base\mission_file" you'll see that they are the same, no matter for which side you are working for. I suppose, that since the first time I blew up a few buildings, the game can't spawn the enemy at a certain position.

I was working for jannus, cleared every location, then when reaching the palace I changed sides and started to work for the dictator. then cleared every sector, including pirates and butsi maps, but couldn't finish with the North Base. Therefore I returned to the palace, there was the dictator in the bunker, and the same dialog started when I first attacked and cleared the palace. The dictator once again asks me to clear the country, I accept, the same entry in the journal, after I exit the location I have +1100K money. First time only +500K were added. Anyway, I checked what happens if I shoot the dictator, and voila:

***** Spoiler ******

this is another game ending, a message appears saying " Nobody will dare stand against my power now. I've been fighting for too long and risking my had in the name of someone else's ideals. Who will dare to say that I can't be the ruler of this country ..... "

then there's some cinematic where some guy gets off the helicopter, probably arriving at the palace, and inside some chick is waiting for him. I suppose that I become the new ruler of the country.
Post #: 1
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/8/2009 2:30:53 PM   
Reinforce

In the north base what happends sometimes is 1-2 guys will be in a building on the NW side of the map. You can't open the door or anything, Happend to me about 8 times now. Best way to deal with it is to just toss a frag or two threw the window or hit the wall with an RPG.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to necripper)
Post #: 2
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/8/2009 2:34:07 PM   
necripper

ok, you'll say that I'm crazy, for opening a question and then replying to it. Thing is I tried out something and it worked, and want to share it with you.
I opened the file I was talking about and deleted most of the enemy locations, I only left these entries:

area guard_0 { rect = (30.53,73.30,32.52,72.05) angle = -3.59428 floor = 1 active = true }
area soldier_0 { rect = (81.18,171.17,82.37,170.20) angle = -0.264795 floor = 1 active = true }
area guard_10 { rect = (94.20,52.27,96.32,54.35) angle = -2.94215 floor = 1 active = true }
area soldier_10 { rect = (61.14,71.57,63.51,69.55) angle = -4.03596 floor = 1 active = true }
area sniper_0 { rect = (60.42,167.63,58.54,165.67) angle = 0 floor = 1 active = true }
area leader_0 { rect = (67.71,32.63,63.93,30.72) angle = 0 floor = 1 active = true }

I suggest you to first make a backup of the file. After starting the game, and entering the location, North Base, I found only one soldier, who instantly surrendered after two headshots :) a message appears saying:

*****spoiler ****

"This is the longest war I've ever seen - let alone been a part of. Unfortunately I won't be able to return to Europe for some time, I think I will wait until my name cools off on an island of my own."

In the cinematics the same guy as in the previous game ending is relaxing on an island, probably the pirate island, a maid brings some drink, then pulls out a pistol, in the meantime the main character smells that something is fishy and pulls out his .50, they are standing face to face to each other, the screen goes black (first I thought the pc has frozen) and bang, you can hear a shot, judging from the game experience from only one shot none of them could have died.

Please post how are the game endings when you play for the pirates or the butsi.

(in reply to necripper)
Post #: 3
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/8/2009 2:38:39 PM   
necripper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

In the north base what happends sometimes is 1-2 guys will be in a building on the NW side of the map. You can't open the door or anything, Happend to me about 8 times now. Best way to deal with it is to just toss a frag or two threw the window or hit the wall with an RPG.

Much Love,
Reinforce

thanx for the reply, but this was a different situation. This was my second visit to the North Base, and the buildings were all destroyed as I left them when I first cleared the location. But yes, the first time u visit 1 enemy soldier is inside that locked building.

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 4
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/8/2009 3:15:44 PM   
Reinforce

Ah, Can't help with that then might be a spawn issue.. I've never lost a sector to the tangos.

I also cannot coment on the ending with the Pirates or the Butsi, I always work for Janus. I really should mix it up on my like 50th play threw....

Much Love,
Reinforce

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 3/8/2009 3:16:23 PM >

(in reply to necripper)
Post #: 5
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/9/2009 4:21:07 AM   
Stealth_Hitman

wow how many times you played this game? how many endings and paths did you find?

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 6
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/9/2009 4:41:27 AM   
Reinforce

Myself, More times then I care to count. Oddly though I've only ever done the normal take over the map for Janus story. I never did the side storys.. Speed was what I was going for. Mostly to check for errors in my mod. Been awhile since I played for the fun of it. Well other then today I started a new game today and I plan on just shooting them all and letting god sort them out. Soliders.. Men.. women.. children.. hell the dog too if I can find one... They are modeled in the game files never seen one in game though. So are afew other african critters like Tigers.

Much love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Stealth_Hitman)
Post #: 7
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/9/2009 7:49:26 PM   
necripper

I have played it only once, but the 3 endings I have found can be achieved without the need to restart the game from the beginning. Found endings:

1. you work for Jannus, clear the locations (dam, train station, airport, forgot the other one) he asks, than reach for the palace and kill the dictator who can be found in the bunker.

2. same as before, but you don't kill the dictator, instead start talking with him, and he offers 500K to eliminate all the enemies - the sections that you have conquered so far. I am not sure if you MUST eliminate the pirates and the butsi too. When you finish with the last section occupied by Jannus ("the client") the game is over.

3. I am not sure about this, because I found it out only by accident the third ending, but if you don't clear ALL the sections occupied by the client, and return to the palace and kill the dictator, then you become the new ruler, and the game is over.

I presume that there are 5 or more endings, the other two should be when you choose the side of pirates or the butsi. Once more I ask u guys, if you now how the game ends when playing the side of butsi or the marauders, please let me/us know.

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 8
RE: Enemy locations? - 3/10/2009 11:18:07 PM   
Stealth_Hitman

thanks for the info. when i get a chance to get back into the game i will take over certain areas and then make separate saves to see the diferent paths.

(in reply to necripper)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Enemy locations? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI