Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with 'Mines and Bunkers' tutorial

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help with 'Mines and Bunkers' tutorial Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with 'Mines and Bunkers' tutorial - 5/15/2002 6:01:20 PM   
Seagull

I tried this one last night... I cleared lots of mines, destroyed a couple of MG bunkers, shot up a few PzKfw-IVj's and some infantry squads... then thought to check the number of turns remaining. Two. Made a mad dash for VHs with my Jumbos (discovering a couple more mines in the process). Managed to reach one on the final turn.

Result: crushing defeat :(

Restart the scenario, and this time I look at the VHs. The two central ones are worth 1000 points apiece at the end of the game. OK. The two on the north and south flanks are worth 1000 points... per TURN :eek:

Second time around, I push my engineers on the flanks after laying a smoke screen that nearly spanned the width of the map. By the time I'd cleared a path for my tanks to rush over the ridge, I still didn't reach the VHs until turn 12.

Result: draw :mad:

Has anyone managed to do better than this, or are my expectations too high? I hate like fury to be moving my recon/engineers/infantry for their fullm ovement allowance several turns in a row. It feels like a recipe for disaster.
Post #: 1
- 5/15/2002 7:35:22 PM   
Belisarius

Since it is a tutorial, I concentrated on learning how to clear the mines with a smokescreen protection, and how to bust those bunkers. Never occured to me to get the VH's... :p

Got StuG?

(in reply to Seagull)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help with 'Mines and Bunkers' tutorial Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI