Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Skirmish bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Skirmish bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Skirmish bug? - 3/18/2009 2:05:29 AM   
ShaiHulud

1. Playing as France, 1792, it is now 1795 and I have two Skirmish advancements (Training and Tactics) yet my troops show 0% chance to deploy skirmishers. I saw the Austrians acquire Skirmisher Doctrine and a 2nd Skirmish training later and they now can deploy them (to my chagrin). Skirmisher Doctrine is not an available option. So, what's my problem, please? (ok, found the answer to this question.....need to save up for the Doctrine)

2. In pre-Detailed battle I've chosen the extra supply twice. Both times my enemy had more supply than I did. Prussia with 23k troops, unsupplied, in Flanders got 4 wagons while I got two. Austria with 120k troops, supplied, in Lorraine, got 6 wagons while I got 4. I think the reward is going to the wrong side!

3. I considered that I might have a corrupted DL, so, I thought I'd DL the game again. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything in Members area where I can re-DL a game I bought on line. Any help on that? (Found the answer for this one in another thread, thanks)

4. I tried to use the HelpDesk in Members area but when I send the bug report it shows an error occured.

5. Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought screening Cav could not be attacked? I did so twice in a winter battle with Austria. My cav fired on a screening cav and both took losses.

< Message edited by ShaiHulud -- 3/19/2009 9:33:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Skirmish bug? - 3/19/2009 10:54:46 PM   
ericbabe

2.  Did you have normal supply?  Did any units on the sides you think got too much supply have the Quartermaster special ability?  Were these brigade or division level battles?  I'm having difficulty ascertaining the proper amount of supply you ought to have had.

4.  We don't have anything directly to do with the Help Desk in this sub-forum.  Please try writing to support@matrixgames.com about this.

5.  It's possible that if you click on the right hex you may be able to attack a cavalry screen.  I'll have to check to make sure that is properly interdicted in the user interface.  Thanks.

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 2
RE: Skirmish bug? - 3/20/2009 12:17:57 PM   
anthonykevinluke

Hi Eric,

I concur about the inability for France to create/deploy skirmishers. This is in the 1796 scenario and I have every possible light infantry/skirmisher upgrade. The AI seems to have no problem in this regard. For your consideration.

Tony

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Skirmish bug? - 3/20/2009 2:47:23 PM   
Hard Sarge

in one of my AARs, I was able to deploy them (I normally don't care for them)

so not sure if this is a Campaign issue, or what, next time i am in my game, I will look and see if I can get the upgrades

(in reply to anthonykevinluke)
Post #: 4
RE: Skirmish bug? - 3/20/2009 4:47:29 PM   
Hard Sarge

in my game as France from 1792, I can deploy them

there is a upgrade you need to be able to do it, the cheaper one lets you do so easier, and there is one to let you build light troops

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Skirmish bug? - 3/22/2009 4:03:43 AM   
ShaiHulud

Eric- My units were supplied, fighting at division level. These battles were in either the 3rd or 4th month of the 1792 game's beginning. I do not think that either Prussia or Austria begins 1792 with the Quartermaster ability. Prussia, with 23k of troops, and no trail of depots back to Prussia, had one wagon for every unit! For my 28k of troops, supplied, two wagons is normal. Thus, I got no additional wagons.

I think in the Austria battle, Austria was in supply, as was my force. Still, our numbers were practically even, yet, they had six wagons to my 4, despite my supposed advantage of +2 wagons.

New item: The Naval advance, Admiralty Board, is supposed to eliminate upkeep costs for the fleets/ships. I still see the cost included in the Supply monthly breakdown.

Bug?: In establishing reaction, in detailed battles, pressing the NUMBER ONLY is the order fire at a opposing unit which comes within that reaction circle. In several battles my units responded ONLY with facing movements. The color of the reaction circle on the map is red for Fire! and yellow for facing. On these buggy occasions ALL the reaction circles were yellow and, no, I did not give facing orders by mistake.

Eric-I want to reiterate that I have NO problem with skirmish now. One simply needs to save up 120 experience points to acquire Skirmish Doctrine. However, I seem to recall a post you made in which you seemed to expect the rest of Europe to be delayed in getting Skirmish skills. For Austria, in 1792 at least, there is little delay. They collapsed after a single battle (45k losses), surrendered, and immediately had enough experience to acquire
Doctrine.

< Message edited by ShaiHulud -- 3/22/2009 4:11:05 AM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Skirmish bug? - 3/22/2009 6:48:21 PM   
ericbabe

I've confirmed the Extra Supply bug, and fixed.  Thanks.

Is there somewhere in the documentation where "Admiralty Board" is described as reducing the upkeep cost of ships to zero?  The tool-tip text (correctly) seems to describe it as reducing only the cost of fleets to zero.  It would be extremely powerful if it were to reduce the cost of ships to zero.

Looking into the keyboard problem you report, it seems that sometimes in the keyboard routines the control key can become "sticky" and the message we get back from Windows can return a control-down flag even when that key is not actually down.  I don't know how common this is, as I don't seem to be able to reproduce it on demand.  I may have to look into a new way to poll the control key.

Austria can get it after they lose a major war, but they still aren't as good as they it's possible to be with skirmishers until they acquire some of the other upgrades.  I considered putting year-pre-requisites on some of the upgrades by nation, but was worried that might be confusing to people.

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 7
RE: Skirmish bug? - 3/23/2009 1:57:51 PM   
ShaiHulud

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

I've confirmed the Extra Supply bug, and fixed.  Thanks.

Is there somewhere in the documentation where "Admiralty Board" is described as reducing the upkeep cost of ships to zero?  The tool-tip text (correctly) seems to describe it as reducing only the cost of fleets to zero.  It would be extremely powerful if it were to reduce the cost of ships to zero.

Looking into the keyboard problem you report, it seems that sometimes in the keyboard routines the control key can become "sticky" and the message we get back from Windows can return a control-down flag even when that key is not actually down.  I don't know how common this is, as I don't seem to be able to reproduce it on demand.  I may have to look into a new way to poll the control key.

Austria can get it after they lose a major war, but they still aren't as good as they it's possible to be with skirmishers until they acquire some of the other upgrades.  I considered putting year-pre-requisites on some of the upgrades by nation, but was worried that might be confusing to people.

Eric- Thanks for confirming the supply bug. Now I don't feel so dumb for missing the point on Skirmish Doctrine! heh

I checked on the Admiralty board and you are correct. It applies to FLEET upkeep, not SHIP upkeep. It is wad. Too bad, because I thought I was going to be saving about 200 a month with that one!

I think Lent provinces are being counted as 'conquered' for the purposes of achieving Empire status. I wonder if that's wad. I'm going to run a check on that and get back to you.( I checked and, yes, Lent provinces are counted for 2 points each toward Empire status.)

Re: Naval battles- I'd beaten a Russian fleet in one battle, and in the Med, a Spanish fleet in several battles. A month after, I encountered those fleets again, joined battle, and before getting near them or any shots were fired, some of their ships (4) struck their flags and surrendered! I checked their morale and it was minus. After the first time it happened with Spain, the Russian fleet I encountered again surrendered several ships, too. While the rest of the ships had the normal 4 morale, the surrendered ships all seem to have started the battle with low and sinking morale and rapidly struck with not an enemy near them.

Possible bugs?- 1. I created a protectorate of Baden, yet, I still have access to the development options.

2. In a surrender treaty I took free passage through Austria. Almost immediately, the Austrian/Piedmont army moved to Burgundy. When 12 months had passed I got the message that Austrian troops were massing. Next turn, I got the message that Austrian troops ahd moved into Burgundy (the ones already there). So, I think the free passage, which should only have applied to French troops thru Austria, was being trreated as mutual.

< Message edited by ShaiHulud -- 3/24/2009 10:06:32 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Skirmish bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI