Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Remaining Bugs (Issues?)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Remaining Bugs (Issues?) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remaining Bugs (Issues?) - 3/18/2009 1:47:31 PM   
Wrathchild

In thinking about the new game, I wanted to make sure that Shaun is aware of potential issues still in the current release, so that they can be addressed in the new incarnation. I will make the disclaimer that some of these may be my own misunderstanding of MLB rules, but I'd like to discuss them any way.

1) It seems that not all Saves are being awarded. I am under the impression that if I bring a pitcher and he pitches for the 7, 8, and 9 innings, he gets a Save regardless of the score when he entered the game. My Closer is not getting this, though I've seen it given to some computer-controlled teams.

2) I don't think all Unearned Runs are being counted properly.

3) Sometimes a mystery Error will appear on the scoreboard, with no indication of who caused it or where it came from. What's weird is that the post-game summary doesn't show this Error on the Games page, nor in the Box Score BUT the Box Score lists an extra Error in the Fielding section and gives it to a player. So it actually shows your players making more Errors than the Box Score shows. The Game Log doesn't show any record of this Error, either.

4) Shouldn't you be aware of a Pinch Runner going in before you throw the first pitch?

5) Throwing in a Pinch Hitter after at least one pitch causes some interesting results.

6) Count versus current batter can go backwards after a(n) (attempted) steal.

There was another one I had but now I can't remember it. I'm trying to focus on rules/glitches versus actual design decisions, so feel free to add your own.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
Post #: 1
RE: Remaining Bugs (Issues?) - 3/21/2009 3:46:27 AM   
motnahp

I'll throw in a couple. Both of these may already be fixed for the next release.

(1) Losses are being charged to the wrong pitcher on occcasion. In ALL situations, the pitcher responsible for the run which put his team behind for the final time is charged with the loss. If pitcher 'A' walks a man and is removed for pitcher 'B', pitcher 'A' gets the loss if HIS runner scores the ultimate winning run. In many cases, PS is giving the loss to pitcher 'B', the pitcher on the mound when the run scores.

(2) Cannot use pitchers as pinch runners. In National League games especially, this is an important strategy. In PS, the pitcher can come in and run, but is then stuck on defense in the position of the runner he replaced. I've been burned by this more than once in PS.

Although it "never rains in Southern California.........", it sure does elsewhere. I sure hope the occasional rain delay is a part of the next. Of course, if we have rain delays we should have snow delays in the midwest and northeast.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 2
RE: Remaining Bugs (Issues?) - 3/23/2009 2:30:59 PM   
Wrathchild

quote:

ORIGINAL: motnahp

Although it "never rains in Southern California.........", it sure does elsewhere. I sure hope the occasional rain delay is a part of the next. Of course, if we have rain delays we should have snow delays in the midwest and northeast.

I think I've asked this before, but don't remember what the answer was. What would this do for the game?

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 3
RE: Remaining Bugs (Issues?) - 4/26/2009 3:41:14 AM   
RichL1967

Was going to start a new thread but since i saw this I'll just add to it.

I've noticed ALOT of times on the player cards, transaction tab, a player will be Called Up from the minors for a team he isnt on.
Meaning he isnt on any team at that time. Always after he's either released or files for free agency from team A. at some point before being signed by team B there is a entry of being called up from minors by team C.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 4
RE: Remaining Bugs (Issues?) - 4/26/2009 4:06:25 AM   
Wrathchild

quote:

ORIGINAL: RichL1967

Was going to start a new thread but since i saw this I'll just add to it.

I've noticed ALOT of times on the player cards, transaction tab, a player will be Called Up from the minors for a team he isnt on.
Meaning he isnt on any team at that time. Always after he's either released or files for free agency from team A. at some point before being signed by team B there is a entry of being called up from minors by team C.

That's a weird one. Something along those lines I've seen is that the Deals & Moves will show someone being promoted, but when you look at their player card their transaction tab is blank. It doesn't show any draft or signing information and there is no promotion entry. I guess that makes sense since (since sense?) you can't really be promoted if you aren't on a team.

(in reply to RichL1967)
Post #: 5
RE: Remaining Bugs (Issues?) - 4/27/2009 12:37:31 PM   
motnahp

Very delayed response, but the impact would be mainly on the pitchers who were in the game at the time of the delay. If the delay were more than about 45 minutes, it's likely that those pitchers wouldn't even return to the game.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 6
RE: Remaining Bugs (Issues?) - 7/1/2009 5:34:53 PM   
Wrathchild

I'd like to revive this thread so that there is someplace to discuss true bugs and not just things we'd like to see. I encountered one that I haven't seen in a while. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs. The batter hits the ball and the fielder commits an error. The runner on 3rd scores to make it 1-0. The runner on 2nd scores, according to the PbP, making it 2-0. The batter reaches 2nd on the error. The runner who scored the 2nd run is still showing as being on 3rd. The next batter gets a hit and the runner on 3rd scores for the 2nd time, making it 3-0. The runner on 2nd scores making it 4-0. Wrath is very unhappy because a 3-0 lead would've been bad enough, but that extra makes it even more difficult to come back. It also gave the pitcher who came in to pitch the 9th inning with 4-0 lead the Save. I don't think he was supposed to get a Save. I'm not sure why the pitcher was taken out after 8 innings unless it was looking at it as only a 3-0 game.

< Message edited by Wrathchild -- 7/1/2009 5:47:04 PM >

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Remaining Bugs (Issues?) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI